• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon (Fan Expo Dallas) -- May 16-18, 2014

319 posts in this topic

Say what you will about the Irving Convention Center, but I never had to pay for parking that cost as much as the event.

The prepaid parking is $6 a day through info on their Facebook page. You must have gotten discounted passes to the show? (shrug)

I missed out on the parking availability. I'll check again just to be sure

Duncanville Bookstore will be at the show with 12 booths of comics, toys and games. Our booth number is 1201 and we will be located on the right side of the aisle as you enter the dealer room. We will be bringing over 100 boxes of $1 books (bronze to modern), 75+ boxes of half price silver and bronze age comics including Dells, Gold Key, Marvel, DC, War, Western, Classics Illustrated, Archie and more. We will also have 20+ boxes of key issues and hot new titles. On the back wall, we will have 100's of better key issues displayed includes lots of books to get signed by Stan Lee. New for this show is about 30 slabs including a run of X-Men #2 to #10, 3 boxes of treasuries, including all the hard ones and 4 short boxes of mid-grade silver and bronze age Spider-Man and Fantastic Four comics. We try and have a wide selection for every collector's taste and budget. Be sure to stop by the booth and identify yourself from the boards. I always try and take care of the people on the boards when I get the chance. That goes for our store as well. We have a 3200 sq ft retail location just 15 minutes south of the convention center. Come into the store and tell the guys you are from the CGC boards and get a 15% on any non-sale item in the store this weekend.

We won't be the only board members at this show. Black Cat Comics will be there in booth #1313 (corner booth across from us to the left). Funny Books/All-Star Comics will be in booth #1405 (two aisles to our left). Bubbagump will be in booth #1101 (one aisle to our right). Jaster-Mereel will be in booth #1008 (3 aisles to our right). All of us will be in the first quarter of the dealer room and we have all been picking up new inventory for this show.

I think this is going to be a good show. People have been asking for Dallas to get a larger show with better guests and I think the Fan Expo guys did just that. I think the show will be well attended and I think the dealer room will be freshened up by all the new blood that is coming in. Some of the big guns passed this time but, if word gets around that people were spending money, they will come running. I hope everyone is prepared for some bumps in the road because this is the first time in this location.

I hope everyone has a great show and has lots of fun. Stop by and say hello and we will be doing a con report as we can. See ya there guys!!

Hoping that this is a rocking show. I will be there all three days, likely sitting with Art Thibert. Come by and get some OA!

What does Art charge for sketch covers these days? Would love to get a Cable sketch by him and planned to try. Just would like a ball park idea.

His head sketches are $50 I believe(per his website). Last time I was at a show he was at, he was doing busts at $40-$45.

Here is an example:

2c5e6515-a2f3-49f4-8787-6620cd0b7fb2_zps50676112.jpg

This is the first show the management company I am with, has him as a guest. I would imagine that this pricing would be similar. I can get more definitive pricing once we all meet up in Dallas and I will post it here.

His head sketches are $50 I believe(per his website). Last time I was at a show he was at, he was doing busts at $40-$45.

Here is an example:

2c5e6515-a2f3-49f4-8787-6620cd0b7fb2_zps50676112.jpg

This is the first show the management company I am with, has him as a guest. I would imagine that this pricing would be similar. I can get more definitive pricing once we all meet up in Dallas and I will post it here.

PM sent... Cause hell yeah I'm in.

Haven't checked all of the pages in this thread, but does anyone have a link for a large floor map or dealer list? I don't think the website has updated yet.

They have this map, but it's pretty small (you can zoom twice though):

Haven't checked all of the pages in this thread, but does anyone have a link for a large floor map or dealer list? I don't think the website has updated yet.

They have this map, but it's pretty small (you can zoom twice though):

If you go to the schedule tab you can print the program.

Hi All!

NYComics is VERY EXCITED to come to Dallas!

We will be working out of booth 1834 (Near Artist Alley and right by the Celebrity Autographs Area where Stan will be signing)

STAN LEE will be signing in the Celebrity Autograph Area (To The Left of the Main Hall) First Row closest to the main Hall.

HOW DO I GET STAN LEE TO SIGN MY BOOKS FOR CGC SS?

Get in Line as fast as possible when you get to the show. He will be signing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. When you are in line you will be asked how many items you want signed and then you will be given the chance to purchase autograph tickets there.

NYComics is the Official Authorized Stan Lee Signature Series Facilitator for this show. We will have a witness next to Stan the whole time and a booth nearby so it will be very easy for you to submit for Signature Series.

You will also have the option to add John Romita Sr. to your books in a private signing we are having immediately after the convention back in New York. This is a rare chance to have both autographs and only grade your book once!

Also FYI we had to cap the line in Chicago so it is really advisable to show up early and get in line.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new boardies who I have not met before. Please introduce yourself!!!!!!

All the best,

Sean