• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon (Fan Expo Dallas) -- May 16-18, 2014

319 posts in this topic

VIP at Toronto's FanExpo is $499 and the only comic guest announced is Stan Lee, you guys got lucky at $299. I think they are moving away from comics and moving towards celebrities, they figure that's what brings in the fans. Last year they tried adding athletes, but it was an epic fail! Don't get me started on their security, they only look out for themselves at the expense of the fans. I have seen them on countless occasions cut off empty lines 45 minutes early, so that they can monopolize the artists time to get personal sketches. Did I mention they are very rude and on power trips and it seems to get worse each year. Hopefully with new ownership things will get better than stepping all over the customer.

And what is this I'm reading about the Stan Lee Meet and Greet, you are entitled to get 2 books signed but they have to be the ones they give you and not your own??? I did it last year and it was get anything you want signed as long as Stan's handler Max didn't have a stick up his . That's messed up, I don't know who decided that, Stan's people or FanExpo. They need to work on getting more and better talent, especially in Toronto if they want to retain the title of the 3rd largest con in North America. I heard their last Con in Vancouver was a mess and a lot dealers left unhappy.

Yeah, I'm thinking about not going anymore. I would rather sell my tix and go to Outside Lands than keep getting punched in the face by Fan Expo.

What could possibly have changed so dramatically that someone so pumped to pay $300 for a VIP ticket now doesn't even want to go? Did I miss some announcement?

Well I'm certainly down with helping you to relieve yourselves of the VIP passes. Would make my day(s) a lot easier. Honestly I like some of the comic line up but figured this year wouldn't be as strong as the next.

Honestly I like some of the comic line up but figured this year wouldn't be as strong as the next.

This is where I'm at. This lineup is a far cry better than most of their past shows, and if they can get a weekend to themselves and stay committed to growing the show it will only get better in later years. That, and they finally got a bigger and hopefully better venue for the show.

I guess I just can't imagine what people were expecting 3 months ago that is leading them to be so utterly depressed two weeks out?