• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm going to make another prediction. This movie won't break 60 million domestic.

I wouldn't be surprised by that prediction.

I'm wondering if Fox will just pull it out of theaters soon. Between all the bad reviews, negative articles and now the Entertainment Weekly research into what really took place proving Fox sabotaged this film early on, it's all bad news. And the box office results are proving that out.

How does Simon Kinberg fare these nasty waters in the end? Does he experience some blowback from the situation too? If anything, at least he is trying to defend his creation (which one is the question), and not posting any details about Fox tampering with his -script.

This is so bad.

Studio Interference:

“Some who worked on the film say Trank was driven to the breaking point by the studio, which delayed casting and -script approvals, slashed the budget by tens of millions from what was originally promised, and tried to force last-minute changes to the film just as principal photography was beginning, creating confusion and stress from the get-go that often boiled over among department heads trying to put together pieces of a movie that was still in flux.”

And the Collider movie crew talked extensively about these details.

And now this.

Rumor: Fox May Already be Considering DEADPOOL 2 on June 9, 2017 Instead of FANTASTIC FOUR 2

Even before tomorrow's L.A. arrival, one source messaged The Daily SuperHero saying how there is already some rumor buzz regarding the date Fox had originally set for FANTASTIC FOUR 2 on June 9, 2017. The insider says due to Fox's less-than-stellar weekend box office estimates for the reboot it's become a topic of discussion pretty quickly behind studio doors. A discussion rumored to be taking place is the consideration of removing FANTASTIC FOUR 2 from its June 9, 2017 release date and eventually plugging DEADPOOL 2 into that spot.

DEADPOOL is receiving a tremendous amount of buzz since its presence at San Diego Comic-Con last month and its official trailers went online this past week and Fox probably wants to capitalize on it while it's ripe for the taking. This rumor info also corroborates a report yesterday from Birth.Movies.Death citing their sources telling them Fox is excited for DEADPOOL so much they are seriously considering Cable in a hopeful sequel. Cable in DEADPOOL 2 has gained traction pretty quickly because the B.M.D report came only two days after a joke was made by director Tim Miller about Cable possibly being in DEADPOOL 2.

The problem is, fanboys aren't making these films. These Wunderkind directors/film companies need a panel of folks that actually know the characters to smack them with a rolled up newspaper when they want to change things to the point of absurdity. if another FF film is made, let it take place years after the origin. Sooooooooooo tired of re-boots!

Uh-oh, If Angry Joe is to believed John Q Movie goer genuinely confused this with a MCU production with questions like "where do the infinity gems come into this". doh!

Uh-oh, If Angry Joe is to believed John Q Movie goer genuinely confused this with a MCU production with questions like "where do the infinity gems come into this". doh!

lol

Fox got them again!

This also confirms some of the original trailer we saw with Trank and the horror aspect vs the rap/pop music in the later trailers

Oh Fox!

It also shows how subjective people can be. The bad news can affect people's ratings.

I don't think it's a RT 9% movie but I also don't think it's a 70% movie.

It will probably settle realistically somewhere in the 30% range but there are spots that are much better than that. Unfortunately, people don't pay to just see a few good scenes.

It has never fallen below 30% on the Rotten Tomatoes average rating metric and is currently at 34%. The primary metric they use that simply indicates whether or not a reviewer gave the movie a largely positive or negative review tends to exaggerate at both ends of the scale--if it's solidly good, virtually all critics will think it was better than worse, and if it's solidly bad, almost all of them will think it was worse than it was better. So the rating tends to skew up or down the better or worse it is.

They're the only site who scores that way; MetaCritic and MRQE use quality scores that better indicate the absolute quality of a film. Rotten Tomatoes has that type of scoring, but they show it in small characters directly beneath the primary score. I've never seen a way to view multiple film results sorted by the quality score either. I get why they focus on the thumbs up/thumbs down number because it's a good indicator of how much you're likely to enjoy a film, but they should feature the absolute quality score much more prominently--probably with equal prominence to the is it good or is it bad score.

http://pro.boxoffice.com

Wow! Revised estimates say this won't even clear 30 million.

Talk about an epic disaster.

Yes, definitely not being helped with headlines renaming it as Fantastic Flop, Fantastic Bore, Craptastic Four, etc. :tonofbricks:

Lets not forget The Human Torch and the Torchettes

:)

After he said that mainstream people realized that they got taken as suckers for watching this.

If that review is true, then it looks like Corman's version of Dr Doom is the closest anyone got to the character in the movies. That's kind of insane, as Doom seems so easy to understand. And there's no need to change him much, as obviously he's a great villain that many people love.

That's some up mess right there.

I guess we'll find out this week.

I heard we are all going to be in for a surprise.

Yes. It was a big surprise.

A surprise on how bad it was.

lol

I don't think any of the three released FF films has been good.

Sure -- let's take away Roger Corman's debacle, but I didn't particularly like FF 1 & I _hated_ FF 2 -- thought the only good parts were some scenes with Chris Evans & the first intro / chase with the Silver Surfer.

Given that, and my profound belief that FF just won't translate well to film no matter who produces it, I'm ready to give this totally new take a shot.

After the last two, I think they've got nowhere to go but up.

Predict opening weekend of $48-$50 million.

I expect lower. You are far too generous.

I suggested to you that you were far too generous.

We should have made a bet!

:baiting:

The problem is, fanboys aren't making these films. These Wunderkind directors/film companies need a panel of folks that actually know the characters to smack them with a rolled up newspaper when they want to change things to the point of absurdity.

That was supposed to be Mark Millar's role on this film. They took a lot of his revisions to the team for Ultimate Fantastic Four, but then changed a lot of those, too, leaving it pretty far removed from Stan and Jack's version.

The problem is, fanboys aren't making these films. These Wunderkind directors/film companies need a panel of folks that actually know the characters to smack them with a rolled up newspaper when they want to change things to the point of absurdity.

That was supposed to be Mark Millar's role on this film. They took a lot of his revisions to the team for Ultimate Fantastic Four, but then changed a lot of those, too, leaving it pretty far removed from Stan and Jack's version.

You are right!

Early on, Fox made it out as if Mark Millar and Simon Kinberg were its version of Kevin Feige overseeing the superhero universe. But it feels like there were still enough senior executives at Fox able to interfere, there is no small roadmap planning team controlling this.

Fox AND Sony have too many executive and marketing dips contributing to the content. As long as that keeps happening, their movies will be inferior to Marvel's.

Marvel and Feige's main problem is that they're making the same mistakes that Jim Shooter, Tom DeFalco, and Joe Quesada periodically made as editor-in-chiefs at Marvel--falling too much in love with the marketing angle of crossovers and lead-ins to future movies.

HOLY DROKK! The B.O. numbers are in and it didn't even meet the 27 million outlook! :facepalm:

I think this is officially a bomb of biblical proportions.

The Numbers Are In, and Fantastic Four Bombed at the U.S. Box Office!

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/09/the-numbers-are-in-and-fantastic-four-bombed-at-the-u-s-box-offi/