• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

The majority of the Ultimate Fantastic Four books are poor.

That's what I was wondering. I don't think I commonly observed forumites raving over these books.

It was a seriously missed opportunity.

Fantastic Four Movie “A Mess”, Goes To Reshoot, Louisiana Sets Being Rebuilt?

"One well-connected senior executive described it to me as “a mess”. And multiple sources are telling me about major disquiet at Fox regarding the state of the movie."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/15/fantastic-four-movie-mess-goes-reshoot-louisiana-sets-rebuilt/

Ten Reasons To Be Excited For THE FANTASTIC FOUR

---------------------

7. It Is Following The Source Material

I have been reading a lot about this film, and something I feel has, purposely, been unspoken of, is the fact that this film is actually following the source material. It is just not the material the “fans” you know, the ones that go out and buy the books every month, want to see. This film is obviously following the Ultimate Fantastic Four storyline, and it baffles me that people have not put two and two together. In the Ultimate series, Victor Von Doom (like the film) has a name change, the cast is younger (like the film), the four are recruited, along with Victor, by the government, and, as rumoured yesterday, Ben Grimm is the one who has a romantic relationship with Susan Storm, instead of Reed, all of which happened in the Ultimate comics.

---------------------

hm

Not surprising as the same people couldn't put two and two together that ASM 2 was more based on Ultimate Spider-Man, then the Ditko and Lee Spider-Man run. ;)

"One well-connected senior executive described it to me as “a mess”. And multiple sources are telling me about major disquiet at Fox regarding the state of the movie."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/15/fantastic-four-movie-mess-goes-reshoot-louisiana-sets-rebuilt/

BWHAHAHA!!! SO CALLED IT! :roflmao:

you weren't alone. they should rename it Chronicle 2 and market it as direct to video. puzzling that Fox got X-Men mostly right and FF completely wrong.

you weren't alone. they should rename it Chronicle 2 and market it as direct to video. puzzling that Fox got X-Men mostly right and FF completely wrong.

Who wants to guess when FOX scraps this reboot?

Ten Reasons To Be Excited For THE FANTASTIC FOUR

---------------------

7. It Is Following The Source Material

I have been reading a lot about this film, and something I feel has, purposely, been unspoken of, is the fact that this film is actually following the source material. It is just not the material the “fans” you know, the ones that go out and buy the books every month, want to see. This film is obviously following the Ultimate Fantastic Four storyline, and it baffles me that people have not put two and two together. In the Ultimate series, Victor Von Doom (like the film) has a name change, the cast is younger (like the film), the four are recruited, along with Victor, by the government, and, as rumoured yesterday, Ben Grimm is the one who has a romantic relationship with Susan Storm, instead of Reed, all of which happened in the Ultimate comics.

---------------------

hm

Not surprising as the same people couldn't put two and two together that ASM 2 was more based on Ultimate Spider-Man, then the Ditko and Lee Spider-Man run. ;)

Once again - what MAKES a Superhero movie really successful is getting the non-geeks to go to it.

The ones who, maybe, know a LITTLE bit about the Fantastic Four, but who know NOTHING about the UFF.

The Producers' HAVE to be thinking... look how much Sony put into ASM2, going more toward material that a non-geek audience REALLY doesn't know - and how badly that turned out....

And as good as people thought Chronicle was (I thought 3/4ths of the movie was excellent - the ending not so much) - what really made that movie a gem to the studio, wasn't the normally disappointing $64 million it did at the box office, but that it did that on a $12 million BUDGET. It was very profitable.

Now you've got a director in Josh Trank, with a big budget, on only his second movie, handling material off the course of what a mass audience would know... from a franchise that underperformed on it's first time around...

There's concern, obviously...

Simon Kinberg Talks FANTASTIC FOUR Reshoot Rumors And CONFIRMS When The Trailer Hits

------------------

Well, the movie's producer and writer Simon Kinberg has reached out to Latino-Review with the following statement: "To confirm - Fantastic Four will be doing 3-4 days of additional photography with director Josh Trank and some key cast members. We are very excited about the film and can't wait for you to see what we've been up to. And you will be able to do that very soon as I can confirm here that the teaser will be on Kingsman in theaters February 13."

It's worth noting of course that Kinberg isn't going to contact them and admit that the movie is in trouble, but three to four days of additional shooting is a lot different to the weeks of reshoots we heard about earlier, and I don't think he would tell an outright lie about how extensive they are.

------------------

Agree. You have to get the non-geeks into it. I also agree there is concern but how did ASM2 turn out badly for the Producer? I think if I'm the Producer of ASM2 I'm thinking "we just spent $200 million and the movie made $708 million at the box office, not too bad!" That is a hell of a lot better than $12 million making $64 million imo.

Edited by ianh

Agree. You have to get the non-geeks into it. I also agree there is concern but how did ASM2 turn out badly for the Producer? I think if I'm the Producer of ASM2 I'm thinking "we just spent $200 million and the movie made $708 million at the box office, not too bad!" That is a hell of a lot better than $12 million making $64 million imo.

first off, they spent $425MM between production costs and prints/advertising. secondly, of the $708MM, the movie theaters took 45% of the domestic take and 65% of the int'l revenue. redo the math and you'll see how well ASM2 did.

.....I don't think he would tell an outright lie about how extensive they are....

hm

lol

But just to be clear, I didn't say that. The article writer did.

I have a great deal on some Swamp land for that writer!

first off, they spent $425MM between production costs and prints/advertising. secondly, of the $708MM, the movie theaters took 45% of the domestic take and 65% of the int'l revenue. redo the math and you'll see how well ASM2 did.

Even DVD/Blue Ray sales were disappointing at $44 million (Green Lantern sold a combined $46 million in DVD/Blue Ray).

Well, I guess we will find out what has been hidden from public eyes.

Sounds Like We'll See The First Trailer For THE FANTASTIC FOUR Sooner Than We Thought

----------------------

Well, according to Bleeding Cool, Fox PR got in touch with them to reveal that The Fantastic Four trailer will be in "a majority but not all" UK cinemas with the Mark Millar adaptation when it opens on January 29th. That's two weeks sooner than the UK, and means we will more than likely see it online before the end of this month.

----------------------

:popcorn:

Even DVD/Blue Ray sales were disappointing at $44 million (Green Lantern sold a combined $46 million in DVD/Blue Ray).

To be fair when Green Lantern came out we will find DVD was still considered cutting edge technology, while Blu-Ray was considered even higher new cutting edge technology.

Now most people either stream, Netflix or use Cloud to watch movies.

Big difference from 2011 to 2014 in how one watches media.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur