• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

You know this could work really well if they only take the viewpoint of Mark Waid when he did Fantastic Four. This panel sums it up from FF 60 the 9 cent comic. Read below I am not an FF fan, but Mark Waid had me here for his entire run. I get teary just reading it again so powerful. :applause:

Once upon a time, there was a very arrogant man who did something very stupid. Without proper preparation or shielding, he took his friends through a wave of radiation that made them all something other than human. His guilt was unbearable... and deserved. These were the people he loved, and he'd destroyed their lives. Thanks to him, they were fated to be freaks.... lab specimens... or worse....

unless he changed that fate somehow.

Unless he made the world see them for what they were: three of the best and bravest people anyone could hope to meet. So he refused to let them operate in secret. He gave them a home in a city of eight million. And he gave them costumes. And a flying car. And encouraged them to parade around with some pretty outlandish names.

"Mr. Fantastic." Does that sound like something anyone would really want to call themselves? No. But that's the kind of thing that made headlines. And t-shirts. And action figures. He knew that would keep people from fearing them. You see glamour and fame weren't options. They were necessities.

Because maybe by turning his friends into celebrities.... he could be forgive for taking their normal lives away.

Someday.

ff601.jpg

Edited by Fastballspecial

You wanted FF movie details. Here they come...

EXCLUSIVE: Josh Trank and Simon Kinberg Talk THE FANTASTIC FOUR; Plus First Images From Set

----------------------

Last week, right before Sundance began, I landed an awesome exclusive interview with director Josh Trank and producer and screenwriter Simon Kinberg for The Fantastic Four, 20th Century Fox’s highly anticipated superhero reboot starring Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell, and Toby Kebbell. With the movie surrounded by secrecy, I was incredibly excited to land their first official interview on what’s shaping up to be a new take on the superhero genre.

As most of you know, Trank made a name for himself with the excellent found footage sci-fi film Chronicle, and Kinberg helped bring X-Men: Days of Future Past to the big screen as both the producer and writer and he’s currently writing X-Men: Apocalypse and working within the new Star Wars universe. Both are talented filmmakers and it’s because of their involvement that I’m extremely confident in The Fantastic Four (which opens in theaters on August 7th).

----------------------

5B2cG11.png

fWieS7r.png

----------------------

Collider: For some reason people seem to think your movie has issues. I think it’s because you have yet to reveal images and footage. So can you guys put to bed the notion that the movie has issues?

JOSH TRANK: I think a lot of that stuff is stemming from the fact that we’ve consciously decided to not release anything official. This isn’t like The Avengers. Even when the first Avengers came out, there were four other movies that people were familiar with. The suits and the tone and the look and the feel. So they could release those things or drop them on Twitter. With Simon on the X-Men movies, there were other movies that came before the last X-Men movie so Bryan [singer] could feel more confident in tweeting teases of what’s to come. But this movie, we really want the audience to have the proper reaction to this material seeing it for the first time. You’ve really got to put your best foot forward. You can’t just leak an image to strike up a conversation. You want people to see something that has thought behind it. And the teaser should do just that. With conversations online, you can’t really control it. In this day and age people have come to expect that artists are going to give everybody information on Twitter about what they’re doing, but not every artist is like that. I’m not really like that. If I was painting a picture I wouldn’t want to take a picture of a single paint stroke. I’d rather show people what it looks like when it’s done.

----------------------

----------------------

Collider: In a marketplace that’s crowded with superhero movies, what sets this film apart?

TRANK: I would say that the science fiction of it is a big thing that sets it apart from most of the other superhero genre films. I’m a huge David Cronenberg fan, and I always viewed Fantastic Four and the kind of weirdness that happens to these characters and how they’re transformed to really fall in line more with a Cronenberg-ian science fiction tale of something horrible happening to your body and [it] transforming out of control. And the potential for a hard sci-fi take on that material makes me really excited. I don’t really see that kind of potential and that kind of take being implemented on any of the other superhero movies that seem to be coming out in the next few years. Superhero movies have become a genre unto themselves and I didn’t really grow up on superhero movies. I grew up on genre movies before superhero was a genre. I don’t know if there are Blockbusters [the video chain] anymore, but there would probably be a superhero section. And this would fit more into the science-fiction, or horror, or even drama sections of the Blockbuster. And that’s just kind of the way I look at it. I want it to feel like it’s its own thing.

KINBERG: One thing that’s unique to it is that it’s always been about a family. Most comic book superhero movies are about a superhero protagonist or a superhero group. But they’re ever really exploring what it is to be family. And when I first read the comic that’s what was so compelling about it. I think the reason it’s endured this long, the powers are great, but the defining thing is the surrogate family. That’s something we really spent a long time talking about and putting into the film. I think that will differentiate us as well from all of the different superheroes and superhero groups out there.

----------------------

It looks like that poster is a few years old. But I found it to be very cool!

Five Stunning & Original Comic Book Movie Posters

---------------------

Artist Justin Van Genderen has created five incredible movie posters using exotic locales from comic books. Below you will see how he takes inspiration from Batman’s Gotham City, Superman’s Metropolis, Neo Tokyo, and New York City (the home of Spiderman and The Fantastic Four). I’m guessing Tokyo represents Akira but I am not quite sure.

---------------------

Here is how to order them.

I'm going to ask about the FF and Gotham posters.

FANTASTIC FOUR: Five Things We Hope To See Today

I know. How about the comic book version of the Fantastic Four. I wanted to head that one off ahead of time.

;)

-----------------------

The Thing in action

Johnny, Reed and Sue all have powers that are actually fairly easy to translate to film, especially with a decent budget. For all their flaws, the previous Fantastic Four movies did a pretty good job with those.

But nobody has really been able to get Ben Grimm just right yet.

-----------------------

Something fantastic

Show us something that vindicates the title. Show us something inspirational, something beautiful. Show us something that indicates somebody, on some level, gets the Fantastic Four.

-----------------------

:wishluck:

FANTASTIC FOUR: Five Things We Hope To See Today

I know. How about the comic book version of the Fantastic Four. I wanted to head that one off ahead of time.

;)

-----------------------

The Thing in action

Johnny, Reed and Sue all have powers that are actually fairly easy to translate to film, especially with a decent budget. For all their flaws, the previous Fantastic Four movies did a pretty good job with those.

But nobody has really been able to get Ben Grimm just right yet.

-----------------------

Something fantastic

Show us something that vindicates the title. Show us something inspirational, something beautiful. Show us something that indicates somebody, on some level, gets the Fantastic Four.

-----------------------

:wishluck:

I'm sure everyone will be disappointed or bash the teaser but based on the lastest info it does sound like the disaster that I initially thought, the teaser didn't look amazing but I felt the same way about ant man :shrug:

Well, meh.

I kept waiting for something to happen...action-wise or a still shot that made me say "wow" out loud. Nothing. I know it's a teaser...but *one* thing would have been nice.

It's like I just watched a trailer for Bridesmaids 2 or something.

"Yep, that's a movie coming out."

That did nothing to squash my fears. The Thing in the final shot looked like The Thing, but that's about it. I don't recognize these characters otherwise.

Blah. Disappointing.

Peace,

Chip

wasn't terrible. doesn't scream "Fantastic Four"- maybe "Ultimate Fantastic Four" as has been suggested. definitely darker in tone than previous FF movies; i wouldn't be shocked if it's better than those two.

Looking back at those two, man those were pretty bad.

Why they looked at that material and decided "comedy" still surprises me