• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Agree. You have to get the non-geeks into it. I also agree there is concern but how did ASM2 turn out badly for the Producer? I think if I'm the Producer of ASM2 I'm thinking "we just spent $200 million and the movie made $708 million at the box office, not too bad!" That is a hell of a lot better than $12 million making $64 million imo.

first off, they spent $425MM between production costs and prints/advertising. secondly, of the $708MM, the movie theaters took 45% of the domestic take and 65% of the int'l revenue. redo the math and you'll see how well ASM2 did.

Even DVD/Blue Ray sales were disappointing at $44 million (Green Lantern sold a combined $46 million in DVD/Blue Ray).

To be fair when Green Lantern came out we will find DVD was still considered cutting edge technology, while Blu-Ray was considered even higher new cutting edge technology.

Now most people either stream, Netflix or use Cloud to watch movies.

Big difference from 2011 to 2014 in how one watches media.

DVD was cutting edge technology in 2011? lol oh my god, you're hilarious.

And Transformers: Age of Extinction, the 3rd?, 4th? in the series, which also came out last year with ASM2, did just under $60 million in DVD/Blue Ray Sales - i.e. ASM2 was dud.

You make some funny, entertaining excuses, but ASM2 was a big disappointment.

Agree. You have to get the non-geeks into it. I also agree there is concern but how did ASM2 turn out badly for the Producer? I think if I'm the Producer of ASM2 I'm thinking "we just spent $200 million and the movie made $708 million at the box office, not too bad!" That is a hell of a lot better than $12 million making $64 million imo.

first off, they spent $425MM between production costs and prints/advertising. secondly, of the $708MM, the movie theaters took 45% of the domestic take and 65% of the int'l revenue. redo the math and you'll see how well ASM2 did.

Even DVD/Blue Ray sales were disappointing at $44 million (Green Lantern sold a combined $46 million in DVD/Blue Ray).

To be fair when Green Lantern came out we will find DVD was still considered cutting edge technology, while Blu-Ray was considered even higher new cutting edge technology.

And Transformers: Age of Extinction, the 3rd?, 4th? in the series, which also came out last year with ASM2, did just under $60 million in DVD/Blue Ray Sales - i.e. ASM2 was dud.

if that's the case, then they wouldn't have fast tracked ASM3. oh, wait a minute...

The way I see it, they'll give it up if they're in the red after it. I want to see it, but I refuse to pay if it means we're one step closer to getting the rights back. hm

Screw even letting them revert back, Disney just needs to write a big enough check after this one bombs.

Transformers: Age of Extinction is a poor example to compare ASM 2 with.

Of course Transformers: Age of Extinction would sell more DVD/Blue Ray Sales because Transformers is one of the top franchises of all-time up there with Star Wars and James Bond!

Transformers: Age of Extinction= Worldwide: $1,087,404,499.

1 billion the Transformers cracked, not even Guardians or X-Men get a billion, so of course Transformers would outsell Spidey for DVD/Blue Ray Sales.

In fact the last Transformers movies have beaten many other movies at the box office.

So it should be expected that Transformers would top Spidey in DVD/Blue Ray Sales!

Now if you told me that a movie like Frank Miller`s Sin City 2 outsold ASM 2 for DVD/Blue Ray Sales, then your argument that ASM2 was a dud would have been more valid. 2c

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Transformers: Age of Extinction is bad example to compare ASM 2 with.

Of course Transformers: Age of Extinction would sell more DVD/Blue Ray Sales because Transformers is one of the top franchises of all-time up there with Star Wars and James Bond!

Transformers: Age of Extinction= Worldwide: $1,087,404,499.

1 billion the Transformers cracked, not even Guardians or X-Men get a billion, so of course Transformers would outsell Spidey for DVD/Blue Ray Sales.

In fact the last Transformers movies have beaten many other movies at the box office.

So it should be expected that Transformers will top Spidey in DVD/Blue Ray Sales!

Now if you told me that a movie like Frank Miller`s Sin City 2 outsold ASM 2 for DVD/Blue Ray Sales, then your argument that ASM2 was a dud would have been more valid. 2c

You're comparing one of the best comic book franchises in history to Sin City?

Classic. lol

Try this: Guardians of the Galaxy, NOT one of the greatest franchises OR superhero franchises, did 108 million in DVD/Blue Ray Sales and even Captain America sold 10 million more than ASM2.

Rio 2 did almost 10 million more than ASM2.

ASM2 was a financial dud for Sony. Plain and simple.

Mark Millar Comments On Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR

For those that can't understand some of what Mark Millar said:

Josh Trank the guy who is directing it, is a really smart guy. He and I spent a wee bit of time together when I was first doing this job, about a year and a half ago. And, what I think Fox is doing is very clever. They'll get a great director on board. Like, a lot of people trust the character and just think this brand is going to be fine. But you can't trust the brand because the brand can be done badly, you know. But if you get a good director that is the cornerstone you build everything on. And with Bryan Singer doing the X-Men or James Mangold doing The Wolverine, Josh Trank doing Fantastic Four - it all feels in very good hands. It all comes down to the director. It's the same characters in all of these movie but the work stands or falls based on the director, and Josh is fantastic! What he is going to do is unlike anything anyone is anticipating. There is a cut kicking around but I haven't seen it yet. So, I'm expecting big things.

Edited by Bosco685

Josh Trank's Twitter account was faked

--------------------

With many possible fake accounts, it would now seem as if Josh Trank is finally on Twitter. With rumors of the movie being a mess, that he's spiraled into possible drug addiction; there's been very little on Fox's front to even deny these claims. Now you may ask if they even should, and usually I'd say no. In most cases, these rumors stand as such: rumors! However, we have to look at the facts. This film comes out in seven months. Most films coming out in this time frame, including Star Wars Ep. VII, have already received a trailer and various other marketing materials.

--------------------

Just saw an article somewhere saying Josh Trank is under so much stress he has been destroying the sets to the fantastic four.

I finally happened across a few of these articles.

Did Director Josh Trank Trash 'The Fantastic Four' Set During Filming?

--------------------

Well, recently some new allegations against director Josh Trank has emerged about his involvement on the film. According to several thread posts on Tiger Droppings from individuals associated with the project say he allegedly destroy several thousand dollars worth of property damage to the sets. As well as showing up to the set intoxicated and under the influence.

--------------------

The scary thing is there are cinema analyst sites backing some of these rumors up. So even though folks say 'Well why would Disney select him for Star Wars if he can't handle stress,' some of the sites are saying this was before this news came out.

It may turn out to be some disgruntled FF fan or two as is pointed out in this article. But it would be really sad if Fox turned over an already abused property to someone like this and let him take it deeper down the mole hole.

'Fantastic Four' 2015 Reboot Movie News: Director Josh Trank Announces Trailer Release Date Amid Rumors He Goes to Set High

----------------------

According to a user posting on the Louisiana-based message board TigerDroppings, "Fantastic Four" director Josh Trank (2012's "Chronicle") acted recklessly and "trashed the house the production company rented for him" and "treated crew terribly."

----------------------

Why are some of these site names sounding like they come straight from 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back'?

But this is sounding like some major BS. Supposedly, Trank posted this on Twitter.

----------------------

"FINE. You'll get your damn trailer in front of 'Kingsman: The Secret Service.' Happy now?" Trank said via Twitter on Jan. 16.

----------------------

This account has since been deleted, leading to the news recently that Josh Trank was posting on his actual account with potential FF news soon.

I found the thread that those rumors about Trank are coming out of. Any site reporting that as 'real news' should shut down now.

lol

F4 reboot-Tiger Droppings’ HOT GOSS! Scooping the Web!Original Thread-UPDATE!

Even those forum members are laughing about being quoted in movie articles.

--------------------

JMO but it's pretty irresponsible to use this site as a source for most things. Citing this thread is just using anonymous gossip to back up your assertions. It's only a little better than just straight up making up the story.

Overall pretty funny that it happened though.

--------------------

Nice way to ruin someone's professional reputation if these stories are not true.