• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

After being blown away by X-Men DOFP a part of me wasn't so annoyed Fox was holding onto the X-Men ... then i read what they are doing with the Fantastic Four.

The good news is this movie will likely bomb giving Marvel a better chance of getting the rights back. The bad news is it will kill the Fantastic Four brand for a generation. Still maybe they can salvage characters to put into Infinity War like Galactus.

I hope this movie has a disasterous box office. Please don't go see it.

the idea that Fox or Sony will give back those properties no matter what is unlikely.

Big names like Spider-Man and FF may not do well here but internationally they will succeed.

I am willing to bet that because of the low budget on this movie (compared to other films) Fox will still make a very nice profit.

the idea that Fox or Sony will give back those properties no matter what is unlikely.

Big names like Spider-Man and FF may not do well here but internationally they will succeed.

I am willing to bet that because of the low budget on this movie (compared to other films) Fox will still make a very nice profit.

Give back? No. Let them expire like Daredevil or sell back cheaply like Punisher or do a distribution type deal like Hulk are all possibilities.

Give back? No. Let them expire like Daredevil or sell back cheaply like Punisher or do a distribution type deal like Hulk are all possibilities.

they will not let them expire. that's just not happening in this age. Comic movies are doing well in hollywood, or are at least perceived to be doing well financially.

FF2 is already scheduled for 2017. They will make a profit on this film. I'm 99% certain of it. Profit just gives them the green light to make more or ask Marvel for more. Marvel won't buy it outright, they don't need it.

This idea of Marvel wanting FF/Spider-man/X-men is just our wishful thinking. Marvel already knows if can put a raccoon, a talking tree and their Han Solo and make $$$. They have Star Wars, they have so much more that they don't need it.

Will they take it back if rights expire, yes! But neither company (Fox/Sony) is going to let that happen anytime soon.

:sorry:

they will not let them expire. that's just not happening in this age. Comic movies are doing well in hollywood, or are at least perceived to be doing well financially.

FF2 is already scheduled for 2017. They will make a profit on this film. I'm 99% certain of it. Profit just gives them the green light to make more or ask Marvel for more. Marvel won't buy it outright, they don't need it.

This idea of Marvel wanting FF/Spider-man/X-men is just our wishful thinking. Marvel already knows if can put a raccoon, a talking tree and their Han Solo and make $$$. They have Star Wars, they have so much more that they don't need it.

Will they take it back if rights expire, yes! But neither company (Fox/Sony) is going to let that happen anytime soon.

Only last year Fox let Daredevil expire? (shrug)

Doctor Doom Is An "Anti-Social Programmer" In Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR

------------------

Kebell On Doom's New Origin:

He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.

------------------

You know.... I am never one to complain. I always find it funny how fanboys freak out at minimal changes and whine after watching 90% of comic movies. I give everything the benefit of the doubt and I go in with semi-high hopes.

But this....

This is just utterly ridiculous. The dumbest thing I've seen in a comic movie to date. Completely bastardized his origin.

I have ZERO interest in this project now. I hope it fails.

------------------

He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.

------------------

:facepalm:

jiFfM.jpg

4142078-jesus-facepalm1.jpg

when-facepalmnot-enough.jpg

:facepalm:

------------------

------------------

They're only doing this because characters like Dr. Doom simply don't work today and need to be updated to what's hot today. That's why they're improving the Star Wars franchise by making Han Solo a wise-cracking judge of an intergalactic dance contest.

With the doctor doom blogger, it makes me wonder. Is fox receiving poison pill advice? Cause I thought Marvel always at least has people offering some oversight on films, even when they dont control them.

I picture a Marvel guy going, "yah, you should totally work Dr Doom from a social media angle, we have a big event planned with that next summer in the comics".

3 hours later....back at Marvel headquarters, everyone rolling around on the ground laughing, "they totally believed it, ROFL"

Only last year Fox let Daredevil expire? (shrug)

True. I just don't see daredevil as lucrative as a property as FF and xmen