• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Well, meh.

I kept waiting for something to happen...action-wise or a still shot that made me say "wow" out loud. Nothing. I know it's a teaser...but *one* thing would have been nice.

It's like I just watched a trailer for Bridesmaids 2 or something.

"Yep, that's a movie coming out."

That did nothing to squash my fears. The Thing in the final shot looked like The Thing, but that's about it. I don't recognize these characters otherwise.

Blah. Disappointing.

Peace,

Chip

Yep I agree more would have been but my biggest concern was production value, looks like it's decent so I'll keep my fingers crossed

Hearing the writer/director discuss the characters, I'm not sure if it's just me but it sounds like they do get it and treated it with respect.

It may not be the vision that all of us want (ultimates) but sounds good (and better than the last version)

Yeah. That's what's throwing me off. It sounds like they have really dug into the material, but wanted to focus on (1) science and (2) family so as to differentiate this movie from other superhero movies.

I'm looking forward to more trailers to see where this goes.

Yeah. That's what's throwing me off. It sounds like they have really dug into the material, but wanted to focus on (1) science and (2) family so as to differentiate this movie from other superhero movies.

Beware the "family" aspect of a trailer (see Batman & Robin's trailer from '97).

Beware the "family" aspect of a trailer (see Batman & Robin's trailer from '97).

lol

So true.

I don't know, maybe I came in expecting a train wreck and my bar was pretty low but I really am intrigued by this

So there is supposed to be an Easter Egg hidden in the trailer. I went back twice and watched this now. It is either:

1) The computer screen that Sue Richards is looking at.

2) The fellow laying on the table that Reed Richards is speaking with.

Still not clear.

I understand them wanting to do that, but they could have served the characters better in those two categories by adapting the stuff from (1) Lee and (2) Kirby.

Do they really think the Ultimate stuff is better than the Classic stuff as far as family and science? That probably what burns me up the most about this whole thing.

Eff the Ultimate stuff.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

I don't necessarily believe they think the newer stuff is better but easier to relate to in A) today's era B) broader audience

I get that we all want our comics to come to life, but Marvel/Disney are doing the same thing and everyone loves it.

:shrug:

First off, let me say, the trailer didn't turn me off to seeing this at the theatre. It's maybe even intrigued me a bit.

Having said that....

1) Non comic adults are going to see this and think 'kids movie'. The odds of this breaking out into a larger market are not good. Reed Richards has pimples for god's sake.

ScreenShot2015-01-27at102925AM_zpsab410ed6.png