• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Now when was the last time anybody bought modern Fantastic Four comic books? The John Byrne era which was 30 years ago?

Maybe they have to make these changes because not many readers care about the Fantastic Four like they use to? :o They are trying to create interest. Looking at the sales charts the FF hasn`t sold in years.

If the old FF formula still worked, then why are sales at a all-time low for FF?

It seems like the old FF fans have abandoned the FF,so now Fox has to find new FF fans. hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I have been collecting FF since the late 70's and still do. I don't understand why people are so upset about this movie. Yeah based on everything I have read and seen IMO it is going to suck which based on my personal preferences, but at the same time this is FF in name only and was not made for me but rather another generation of movie goers. Maybe the younger generation that has never read FF will enjoy it for was it and Fox is trying to create a franchise for them.

On the flip side maybe this is/ was going to be part two of Chronicle and Fox reworked it in a hurry to keep the rights from going back to Marvel.

As a web developer/programmer...*groooaaaaannnnnn*

The trend of the portraying programmers as anti-social, basement-dwellers that's perpetuated Hollywood is going to look really silly in a few years with the way the industry is growi--...ah, who am I kidding. Still, I hate that stereotype

I have been collecting FF since the late 70's and still do. I don't understand why people are so upset about this movie. Yeah based on everything I have read and seen IMO it is going to suck which based on my personal preferences, but at the same time this is FF in name only and was not made for me but rather another generation of movie goers. Maybe the younger generation that has never read FF will enjoy it for was it and Fox is trying to create a franchise for them.

On the flip side maybe this is/ was going to be part two of Chronicle and Fox reworked it in a hurry to keep the rights from going back to Marvel.

How is this different from the CW Flash show? The CW show is much different then those Carmine Infantino Flash comics I treasured or the same with the Arrow show is much different from the Neal Adams and Mike Grell Green Arrow comics.

Chronicle was a brilliant movie if FF is at that level,then we have a winner.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

The trend of the portraying programmers as anti-social, basement-dwellers that's perpetuated Hollywood is going to look really silly in a few years with the way the industry is growi--...ah, who am I kidding. Still, I hate that stereotype

When I read that about Doom I immediately thought the social network.

They`re trying to get the Facebook and Twitter crowd to watch.

:whistle:

in 140 seconds or less?

Yeah. Cuz that worked so well for "Selfie"

It amazes me that Fox hasn't learned ANYTHING from the way that Disney/Marvel has handled their properties. Truly baffling...

I really want to see a good Fantastic Four movie. I really do.

This isn't winning me over. :(

Yeah, why not just make another film with that scenario and leave the FF out of it? It doesn't make sense.

They could just focus on making a decent movie... Rights come as a perk to that.

Fox is going to reshoot Apocolypse Now staring Archie and the gang... They will be at war, but it will be trench war at the soda counter fighting over Veronica's legs. Spoiler, Jughead is an alien scientist sent here to teach man how to create the first atomic wedgie. Bettie gets wasted cause she won't wear a mask, and spends a third of the movie tripping into trenches. just can't wait.

How is this different from the CW Flash show? The CW show is much different then those Carmine Infantino Flash comics I treasured or the same with the Arrow show is much different from the Neal Adams and Mike Grell Green Arrow comics.

Guardians of the Galaxy made good money this summer and the characters were only loosely based on their comic counterparts. I'm not seeing a huge difference here to be honest.

And BH6 is pretty much BH6 in name only. Disney took huge liberties with that one. And that movie is doing just fine.

Let's face it, the fan boys are not necessarily needed to make these movies hits.

Edited by rjrjr

Guardians of the Galaxy made good money this summer and the characters were only loosely based on their comic counterparts. I'm not seeing a huge difference here to be honest.

And BH6 is pretty much BH6 in name only. Disney took huge liberties with that one. And that movie is doing just fine.

Let's face it, the fan boys are not necessarily needed to make these movies hits.

Yes, but both of those movies you mentioned ended up getting the support of fanboys. In fact, most fanboys seemed to be in support of them before they even saw the movie.

This situation is quite different as the fanboys are completely against this from the start.

Yes, but both of those movies you mentioned ended up getting the support of fanboys. In fact, most fanboys seemed to be in support of them before they even saw the movie.

This situation is quite different as the fanboys are completely against this from the start.

I think you mean Marvel Zombies supported those movies before they saw them. A very hypocritical crowd if you ask me. (shrug) Anything Marvel/Disney does is golden and anything anyone else does is , even when Marvel/Disney make the same decisions to reach a bigger audience beyond the fan boys.

Me, I'll reserve judgment until the movie comes out. There have been plenty of great movies that are way different than their source material. Take the original Planet of the Apes. Nothing like the book by Pierre Boulle. Both were highly enjoyable however.

Edited by rjrjr