• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I have been collecting FF since the late 70's and still do. I don't understand why people are so upset about this movie. Yeah based on everything I have read and seen IMO it is going to suck which based on my personal preferences, but at the same time this is FF in name only and was not made for me but rather another generation of movie goers. Maybe the younger generation that has never read FF will enjoy it for was it and Fox is trying to create a franchise for them.

On the flip side maybe this is/ was going to be part two of Chronicle and Fox reworked it in a hurry to keep the rights from going back to Marvel.

How is this different from the CW Flash show? The CW show is much different then those Carmine Infantino Flash comics I treasured or the same with the Arrow show is much different from the Neal Adams and Mike Grell Green Arrow comics.

Chronicle was a brilliant movie if FF is at that level,then we have a winner.

Guardians of the Galaxy made good money this summer and the characters were only loosely based on their comic counterparts. I'm not seeing a huge difference here to be honest.

And BH6 is pretty much BH6 in name only. Disney took huge liberties with that one. And that movie is doing just fine.

Let's face it, the fan boys are not necessarily needed to make these movies hits.

Yes, but both of those movies you mentioned ended up getting the support of fanboys. In fact, most fanboys seemed to be in support of them before they even saw the movie.

This situation is quite different as the fanboys are completely against this from the start.

another slight difference is that Fantastic Four is the one of the cornerstones of the entire Lee/Kirby Marvel Universe while GOTG and BH6 are both comics/characters that no one gave a rats azz about. who was going to get up in arms if they butchered GOTG? if it looks like they are taking a steaming dump on Stan/Jack's masterpiece, i understand the outrage.

Edited by paperheart

I have been collecting FF since the late 70's and still do. I don't understand why people are so upset about this movie. Yeah based on everything I have read and seen IMO it is going to suck which based on my personal preferences, but at the same time this is FF in name only and was not made for me but rather another generation of movie goers. Maybe the younger generation that has never read FF will enjoy it for was it and Fox is trying to create a franchise for them.

On the flip side maybe this is/ was going to be part two of Chronicle and Fox reworked it in a hurry to keep the rights from going back to Marvel.

How is this different from the CW Flash show? The CW show is much different then those Carmine Infantino Flash comics I treasured or the same with the Arrow show is much different from the Neal Adams and Mike Grell Green Arrow comics.

Guardians of the Galaxy made good money this summer and the characters were only loosely based on their comic counterparts. I'm not seeing a huge difference here to be honest.

And BH6 is pretty much BH6 in name only. Disney took huge liberties with that one. And that movie is doing just fine.

Let's face it, the fan boys are not necessarily needed to make these movies hits.

Yes, but both of those movies you mentioned ended up getting the support of fanboys. In fact, most fanboys seemed to be in support of them before they even saw the movie.

This situation is quite different as the fanboys are completely against this from the start.

another slight difference is that Fantastic Four is the one of the cornerstones of the entire Lee/Kirby Marvel Universe while GOTG and BH6 are both comics/characters that no one gave a rats azz about. who was going to get up in arms if they butchered GOTG? if it looks like they are taking a steaming dump on Stan/Jack's masterpiece, i understand the outrage.

This +1000, you can't turn you back on your roots completely. It seems amazing that if the movie is in name only how they can still claim rights to the franchise.

This +1000, you can't turn you back on your roots completely. It seems amazing that if the movie is in name only how they can still claim rights to the franchise.

their is nothing in these movie that has me excited for hell the last FF2 movie had me more excited and that didn't out to be good. the new FF film feels more like Chronicle 2 and not a FF movie at all, if they said we are going to make some changes to some of the characters but still keep the core of what makes FF great fans would react different.

Disney And Fox Bosses Respond To FANTASTIC FOUR Comic Book Cancellation

Asked if he felt bringing an end to the series was being done to harm the Marvel properties owned by Fox, Gianopulos responded, "No, I don’t think so. I don’t know how that decision came about. The comic was not a huge seller. The Fantastic Four is a very established group of characters, and the film is awesome. Yeah, I think…I don’t know how that played into their decision, but it wasn’t…the book wasn’t selling as well as others." He also points out that it doesn't really matter from their perspective, something Horn reiterated. "Fully independent decision, by the way, I didn’t even know about it. I mean, honestly, we don’t even [shrugs his shoulders]."

Asked if he felt bringing an end to the series was being done to harm the Marvel properties owned by Fox, Gianopulos responded, "No, I don’t think so. I don’t know how that decision came about. The comic was not a huge seller. The Fantastic Four is a very established group of characters, and the film is awesome. Yeah, I think…I don’t know how that played into their decision, but it wasn’t…the book wasn’t selling as well as others." He also points out that it doesn't really matter from their perspective, something Horn reiterated. "Fully independent decision, by the way, I didn’t even know about it. I mean, honestly, we don’t even [shrugs his shoulders]."

Yeah. well, the movie they're making has nothing to do with the comic anyway,so...

Yeah. well, the movie they're making has nothing to do with the comic anyway,so...

True, except that the movie has the potential to trash the name and reputation of the comic and sully the legacy of those who created it.

I have no problem with any studio making a superhero movie of any type they want. But if the movie makes Victor Von Doom an internet baddie and changes the relationships between members of the Fantastic Four, then the studio should use new names for the characters and re-title their movie. To call this a Fantastic Four movie comes perilously close to trademark infringement.

Uh-oh.

SPOILER WARNING: Is This The Entire Plot Of Josh Trank's THE FANTASTIC FOUR?

Reed is a genius convenience store clerk with Ben. Reed's parents don't care about him, and Ben's dad is abusive. They're good friends and have each other's backs. Reed writes a paper for community college on teleportation that attracts the attention of Dr. Franklin Storm, CEO of the Baxter Building research center.

Storm has a son, Johnny, and an adoptive daughter, Sue, whose father, Storm's old partner, died in an experiment gone wrong. Johnny and Sue are party kids, and Sue is particularly disdainful of science. Reed and Sue don't get along at first...

Uh-oh.

Reed is a genius convenience store clerk with Ben. Reed's parents don't care about him, and Ben's dad is abusive. They're good friends and have each other's backs. Reed writes a paper for community college on teleportation that attracts the attention of Dr. Franklin Storm, CEO of the Baxter Building research center.

Storm has a son, Johnny, and an adoptive daughter, Sue, whose father, Storm's old partner, died in an experiment gone wrong. Johnny and Sue are party kids, and Sue is particularly disdainful of science. Reed and Sue don't get along at first...

lol I hope that is true.

Uh-oh.

I always cringe when i see a bunch of posts in this thread , apparently as usual, its justified.

Well, at least FF is finally coming back to Marvel :banana:

I have a bad feeling even if this flick bombs on a level not seen since 'Battlefield Earth' MARVEL still won't get the F4 back. CURSE YOU FOX!