• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Huh?

Yes -- _of course_ Warner Bros. owns Green Lantern.

But they wouldn't list it among the 10 announced films they have green lit unless they thought it (as opposed to other, cheaper options, a la Suicide Squad) could make money.

The point is it will be NINE YEARS after they made the last Green Lantern movie because it didn't live up to expectations.

And announcing a movie to be released in 2020 means very little in the world of movies anyway, but the point is:

If this FF movie fails to live up to expectations, Fox will choose one of two options:

A) Sell to Marvel and unload it.

B) Wait another 8 years and try again

They will not release a sequel in 2017 if it fails to meet expectations. It's just the way it works.

And no -- GL doesn't "have nowhere else to go" -- as proven by the Marvel situation, DC could just as easily license out their own properties to other studios for production or distribution.

Green Lantern has NOWHERE else to go. Marvel in the situation they were in when they sold movie rights to those characters is nowhere near where they are today as owned by Disney or DC owned by Warner Brothers. Neither of those companies they're owned by is selling those properties.

The only thing that could change that would be a financial crisis on the part of the company of a size that would effect the overall economy of the world. Disney and WB aren't selling their big guns.

As many here have argued, Punisher War Zone should be disavowed & not be considered a true Marvel Studios film (which it is) simply because it was distributed by Lionsgate. That logic fails because many early Marvel Studios films were distributed by Paramount (incl. Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, & Captain America), Incredible Hulk was distributed by Universal.

What does that have to do with what we're talking about?

The news just keeps getting worst for Fantastic Four!

Their competition next week Mission Impossible is getting great reviews at Rotten Tomatoes at 93%!

Mission Impossible a huge critics hit!

Wait, F4 and MI:RN come out the same week?

From what I understand MI:RN comes out tonight, and FF next week.

With the great buzz for MI:RN we can expect a big rollover for MI:RN the next week as well.

So FF will be going against a juggernaut in MI:RN next week!

Their competition next week Mission Impossible is getting great reviews at Rotten Tomatoes at 93%!

Put down your hate fork, and do a little research my friend.

• July 31, 2015 – Mission Impossible 5
  • August 7, 2015 – Fantastic Four
  • August 14, 2015 – The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
  • August 21, 2015 – American Ultra (Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart)
  • August 28, 2015 – Hitman: Agent 47

:baiting:

Put down your hate fork, and do a little research my friend.

• July 31, 2015 – Mission Impossible 5
  • August 7, 2015 – Fantastic Four
  • August 14, 2015 – The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
  • August 21, 2015 – American Ultra (Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart)
  • August 28, 2015 – Hitman: Agent 47

There was no hate in my comment, I was surprised because CC made it sou d like MI 5 was out the same week as F4. I thougnt MI:RN was out this week not next. And I was right.

There was no hate in my comment, I was surprised because CC made it sou d like MI 5 was out the same week as F4. I thougnt MI:RN was out this week not next. And I was right.

It's the other 80 posts that set my perception.

:foryou:

It's the other 80 posts that set my perception.

:foryou:

I made 80 posts on this topic alone!? :o

This thread got over 72261 views double what the Ant-Man thread got, so the FF movie certainly has interest.

Haters always post three times as much as lovers. :makepoint:

This thread got over 72261 views double what the Ant-Man thread got, so the FF movie certainly has interest.

Next week we will find out at Rotten Tomatoes and the box office how much hating or loving this FF movie brings to the screen.

:grin:

This thread is never dull. It is filled with hope, trepidation, and hate -- and I will miss it after FF leaves theatres and it recedes to page 2 and beyond of the movie sub-forum.

This thread is never dull. It is filled with hope, trepidation, and hate -- and I will miss it after FF leaves theatres and it recedes to page 2 and beyond of the movie sub-forum.

You only have 2 weeks left...enjoy it while you can.

They are over-compensating.

If Iron Man 3 is anything to go by people will be still moaning about this FF movie for years to come.