• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I wonder if folks would hate on it less if it were actually called "Ultimate Fantastic Four?"

I don't think ' hate ' is the right word, highly disappointed is more appropriate. It's a shame that Marvel characters are at the mercy of a corporation that doesn't appreciate their 50+ year history.

No. I'd go with 'STRONG DISTASTE' as to have people come back repeatedly to state they are not happy with a movie being made is far more than 'DISAPPOINTED'.

And yet the movie has not even hit yet.

I don't think any of the three released FF films has been good.

Sure -- let's take away Roger Corman's debacle, but I didn't particularly like FF 1 & I _hated_ FF 2 -- thought the only good parts were some scenes with Chris Evans & the first intro / chase with the Silver Surfer.

Given that, and my profound belief that FF just won't translate well to film no matter who produces it, I'm ready to give this totally new take a shot.

After the last two, I think they've got nowhere to go but up.

Predict opening weekend of $48-$50 million.

Sue Storm's Kate Mara Fun Fact List, Part 3,456!

-Her mother's family owns the Pittsburg Steelers and her father's fam owns the New York Giants.

-She's currently 27 years old.

-She's rumored to like guys who can hypnotize bears. :wishluck:

-She's been in various Wizard of Oz productions, yet only playing flying monkeys or the Scarecrow.

-She starred with her sis Rooney in Urban Legends: Bloody Mary.

:roflmao:

'in New Hampshire'

:baiting:

:acclaim:

I'm getting a lot praise after that newspaper article.

Just yesterday the transfer attendant at the dump got me a parking spot right next to the waste bin.

:cool:

I have arrived.

Kate if your reading, I'm still single. (thumbs u

:roflmao:

'in New Hampshire'

:baiting:

:acclaim:

I'm getting a lot praise after that newspaper article.

Just yesterday the transfer attendant at the dump got me a parking spot right next to the waste bin.

:cool:

I have arrived.

Kate if your reading, I'm still single. (thumbs u

:signfunny:

The Fantastic Four Embargo Appears To Be Holding… For Now

There was a VIP screening of the Fantastic Four in Atlanta last night. You may have read about it. You may not, however, have read any reviews coming out of it, the screening was NDA’d up to the eyeballs. But there was this one on Reddit/r/Marvel by Patricier21

There was a Fantastic Four screening last night in Atlanta. It should be ok as long as I don’t get specific. It was miles better than the previous 2 and also better than Ant-Man and Ultron. Everyone has a believable scientific explanation for their powers.

But if you read on, this may be a social media plant. The same user was pushing the movie on other sites.

Just being transparent here.

The Fantastic Four Embargo Appears To Be Holding… For Now

There was a VIP screening of the Fantastic Four in Atlanta last night. You may have read about it. You may not, however, have read any reviews coming out of it, the screening was NDA’d up to the eyeballs. But there was this one on Reddit/r/Marvel by Patricier21

There was a Fantastic Four screening last night in Atlanta. It should be ok as long as I don’t get specific. It was miles better than the previous 2 and also better than Ant-Man and Ultron. Everyone has a believable scientific explanation for their powers.

But if you read on, this may be a social media plant. The same user was pushing the movie on other sites.

Just being transparent here.

:facepalm:

This is how much hate is being demonstrated towards this film that is so out of control.

Three members of the new Fantastic Four film have sat dumbfounded as they were subjected to offensive questions from a pair of American radio hosts.

The cast didn't even see these guys coming (Rock 100.5 Morning) the way they planned, hitting them with repeat questions (?) about the movie and their roles.

WTH??!!

"You're white and you're black. How does that happen?" he asked.

"They could be raised as brother and sister," Jordan replied. "There's a whole bunch of family dynamics that could be without the obvious adoption."

"You're way, way hot," he said. "Why'd you cut the hair? Your hair was beautiful."

"This is a great interview," Mara, 32, joked to Bell before adding, "I cut my hair for a movie I just did."

"What would you cut your hair for?" the DJ continued.

"They asked me to!" she exclaimed. "I'm an actress. I have to be a chameleon."

"I'm a toe guy, your toes are fine."

The actress simply responded, "Wow," before their team ushered the DJs out of the room.

This is how much hate is being demonstrated towards this film that is so out of control.

Three members of the new Fantastic Four film have sat dumbfounded as they were subjected to offensive questions from a pair of American radio hosts.

I don't want to get too serious here, but do you think they checked these guys for weapons before the interview? There are fans out there that could give religious extremists a run for their money. :eek:

I wonder if folks would hate on it less if it were actually called "Ultimate Fantastic Four?"

It would be great if they called it something completely different, so people who know nothing about them won't associate this with the real Lee/Kirby FF.

Something like "Justice League of America".

Edited by marvelcollector

The cast didn't even see these guys coming (Rock 100.5 Morning) the way they planned, hitting them with repeat questions (?) about the movie and their roles.

WTH??!!

"You're white and you're black. How does that happen?" he asked.

"They could be raised as brother and sister," Jordan replied. "There's a whole bunch of family dynamics that could be without the obvious adoption."

"You're way, way hot," he said. "Why'd you cut the hair? Your hair was beautiful."

"This is a great interview," Mara, 32, joked to Bell before adding, "I cut my hair for a movie I just did."

"What would you cut your hair for?" the DJ continued.

"They asked me to!" she exclaimed. "I'm an actress. I have to be a chameleon."

"I'm a toe guy, your toes are fine."

The actress simply responded, "Wow," before their team ushered the DJs out of the room.

:facepalm:

They should have gotten the heck out of there right off. :eek:

side note: I like short-hair on a lady myself. hm

Im willing to give it a chance. The other ones were so bad a new direction might help.

What I find funny is how Fox keeps Flashing Marvel at the beginning in huge letters.

They're trying to fool people into thinking it's a genuine MCU film.

1) Days of Future Past had the Marvel banner too.

2) The general public doesn't care whether it's Disney/MCU.

It's still a Marvel Comics film.

As long as it washes the bad taste of FF1 & FF2 out of my mouth, I'm good.

Still weird to think that FF1 did as well as the first X-Men film given the marked difference in quality.

Im willing to give it a chance. The other ones were so bad a new direction might help.

What I find funny is how Fox keeps Flashing Marvel at the beginning in huge letters.

They're trying to fool people into thinking it's a genuine MCU film.

I'd hazard to guess it's a contractual obligation, seeing as every single Marvel property done by other studios has had it. I could see arguments for it being advantageous for both sides.

For Marvel, they're reminding people who realllllly made the characters when it comes down to it, and reminds people of their own MCU films. But for Fox, it does add a perceived connectivity that they probably wouldn't mind given the MCU's overall success.