• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I went to the movies today (Ant-Man) and the crowd was very emotive especially with the previews. Well they showed the Fantastic 4 trailer and I noticed the family in front of me talking duri g the middle of it. The father was asking his kids if this was the "real fantastic 4" and the boys replied "no, it's fox's" and they both said this was one they could skip. And these looked to be 9 year olds! :eek: so color me surprised when I heard this conversation between kids and their father (I'm assuming they were more knowledgeable about this then the dad) I thought it was just us older fans talking about the fox/marvel feud, I didn't think kids would know about it.

I went to the movies today (Ant-Man) and the crowd was very emotive especially with the previews. Well they snowed the Fantastic 4 trailer and I noticed the family in front of me talking duri g the middle of it. The father was asking his kids if this was the "real fantastic 4" and the boys replied "no, it's fox's" and they both said this was one they could skip. And these looked to be 9 year olds! :eek: so color me surprised when I heard this conversation between kids and their father (I'm assuming they were more knowledge about this then the dad) I thought it was just us older fans talking about the fox/marvel feud, I didn't think kids would know about it.

Was this before or after the history lesson the nine year-olds gave their father about Marvel's early movie partnerships, bankruptcy situation leading to other character rights being sold off, and then sharing the history of the original Avengers where Ant-Man and the Wasp were founding members so it was nice to finally see Marvel introduce them out of respect for the original source material?

Kids nowadays know the darndest things.

:baiting:

I went to the movies today (Ant-Man) and the crowd was very emotive especially with the previews. Well they snowed the Fantastic 4 trailer and I noticed the family in front of me talking duri g the middle of it. The father was asking his kids if this was the "real fantastic 4" and the boys replied "no, it's fox's" and they both said this was one they could skip. And these looked to be 9 year olds! :eek: so color me surprised when I heard this conversation between kids and their father (I'm assuming they were more knowledge about this then the dad) I thought it was just us older fans talking about the fox/marvel feud, I didn't think kids would know about it.

Was this before or after the history lesson the nine year-olds gave their father about Marvel's early movie partnerships, bankruptcy situation leading to other character rights being sold off, and then sharing the history of the original Avengers where Ant-Man and the Wasp were founding members so it was nice to finally see Marvel introduce them out of respect for the original source material?

Kids nowadays know the darndest things.

:baiting:

lol

I really don't understand this love affair with Michael B. Jordan as an actor.

I haven't seen him in much of anything else other than 'Chronicle'. Though I found out later he does the voice of Cyborg in the 'Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox' animated movie.

And he stars with Zac Efron and Miles Teller. This wasn't too bad.

With the upcoming 'Creed', though a 'Rocky spinoff it looks like it could be entertaining for at least one movie.

I like both Miles Teller & Michael B. Jordan.

That Awkward Moment showed they had good chemistry together. Teller's an arrogant in interviews, but it's deserved, as he was phenomenal in Whiplash last year.

And I liked Jordan in The Wire, Friday Night Lights and Fruitvale Station. Don't get the hate about him, really. He's paid his dues with consistent good work over more than a decade, which is more than I can say for most new Hollywood it kids.

Anthony Mackie did too. Folks remember that he got hot after The Hurt Locker, not that he got his start years earlier as the nemesis in Eminem's movie 8 Mile.

I like both Miles Teller & Michael B. Jordan.

That Awkward Moment showed they had good chemistry together. Teller's an arrogant in interviews, but it's deserved, as he was phenomenal in Whiplash last year.

And I liked Jordan in The Wire, Friday Night Lights and Fruitvale Station. Don't get the hate about him, really. He's paid his dues with consistent good work over more than a decade, which is more than I can say for most new Hollywood it kids.

Anthony Mackie did too. Folks remember that he got hot after The Hurt Locker, not that he got his start years earlier as the nemesis in Eminem's movie 8 Mile.

Mackie will always be Clarence to me.

tumblr_mnz8rc98D01sry9nio1_500.gif

F4 Takes on "Ultimate Fantastic Four" Storyline and 2 Doom Costumes

20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four star Toby Kebbell who will be playing the Fantastic Four arch nemisis Victor Von Doom aka Dr. Doom spoke with reporters and shared intimate details about the new and upcoming fresh reboot the Marvel franchise's eldest super hero team and villain.

The origin story is strongly inspired by "The Ultimate Fantastic Four" comics originally written by Michael Bendis and Mark Millar, illustrated by Joe Kubert where the four are teleported to an alternate strange new universe which then, in turn, alters their physical D.N.A. which at first for Reed Richards, Johnny/Susan Storm and Ben Grimm isn't very fantastic.

Toby Kebell (Doctor Doom) on his role.

Kebbell also shared that Victor Von Doom will also be clad in not 1 but 2 new Dr Doom costumes and will "not" be a computer hacker as it was originally rumored online with little to no appeal.

"On the origins of the character," he explained to reporters "there's no conversation in the film. We don't have time to talk about me." Further adding "He's still from the same place, his mother is still a gypsy and done her deals, his father still perished from exposure looking after me. He's an angry dude. But now he's in Baxter. He's bright and he's trying to make people proud." Also "He found a new father in Dr. storm, the father of Johnny and adoptive father of Sue. I kind of get adopted as well." Lastly "And that's Doom as we see him. He's a computer technician, a computer scientist. There were rumors he was a hacker or something but no. Victor Von Doom is who we hope he will be."

I really don't understand this love affair with Michael B. Jordan as an actor.

I thought he was good on the wire, and thought he was very, very good in Fruitvale Station.

This movie gives me a headache though. Just wish it wasn't happening.

Based on the looks of their faces while doing press kits for the studio, most of the cast feels the same way.

Edited by makeminemego

I wonder if folks would hate on it less if it were actually called "Ultimate Fantastic Four?"

I don't think ' hate ' is the right word, highly disappointed is more appropriate. It's a shame that Marvel characters are at the mercy of a corporation that doesn't appreciate their 50+ year history.