• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cap 3 club
3 3

217 posts in this topic

A nice restored copy just hit eBay. The listing mentions it being a re-holdered old label, so I believe this is the 7.5 that sold on ComicConnect last year. I remember watching it close because I was going to make a offer on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-Comics-3-Stan-Lee-039-s-First-Work-7-5-CGC-Moderate-P-Restored-/321320358714?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Trying to sell $7,500 book, unwilling to spend $150 on scanner. hm

a CGC 0.5 incomplete signed by Stan just popped up on the Bay for $10K OBO :o cover presents nicely but I doubt Stans sig brings that much premium...even on that book IMHO

Huh.

I was at a show in Boston in 1989 where Stan was a guest. I have a very clear memory of a dealer set up near where Stan was signing who had an incomplete Captain America Comics #3 that I looked at for awhile. He wanted $100 for it. That was out of my budget as a 16 year old kid. But even if it wasn't, I remember thinking, no way am I spending that kind of money on an incomplete comic!

a CGC 0.5 incomplete signed by Stan just popped up on the Bay for $10K OBO :o cover presents nicely but I doubt Stans sig brings that much premium...even on that book IMHO

:o

That's not even close to realistic. That's 6.5 money.

more like 4.0 money now.

more like 4.0 money now.

Indeed. A 6.5 would push 15-18k

more like 4.0 money now.

not much chance my 6.0 would go anywhere for anything much less than 15k. not that it's for sale, but just insofar as my mental image of it's value is concerned.

more like 4.0 money now.

not much chance my 6.0 would go anywhere for anything much less than 15k. not that it's for sale, but just insofar as my mental image of it's value is concerned.

(Thumbs u