• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cap 3 club
3 3

217 posts in this topic

I gotta admit though, I got my cap 3 from an ebay listing that looked maybe even as fishy as this one, but turned out to be legit. So, you can never be sure.

Same here, I got mine from a new seller that had just created his eBay account days before.

I gotta admit though, I got my cap 3 from an ebay listing that looked maybe even as fishy as this one, but turned out to be legit. So, you can never be sure.

Same here, I got mine from a new seller that had just created his eBay account days before.

But this account was started in 2008 with no recent activity. No explanation of how he comes to be selling a high-price book and requests payment within 12 hours.

Almost certainly a scam by someone who hijacked an account.

But this account was started in 2008 with no recent activity. No explanation of how he comes to be selling a high-price book and requests payment within 12 hours.

Almost certainly a scam by someone who hijacked an account.

This.

I emailed him to inquire about the book's history and how long he's had it...no reply yet.

This is typical of hijacked accounts it exactly fits the modus operandi of the listing which finished a few weeks ago with a Fight Against Crime 20 (which has now been removed from ebay past history sales). The pattern goes something like this:

A long inactive account with only recent history of selling one expensive piece of electronic equipment but no books, requires immediate payment with no shipping outside the US and does not respond to any queries. I would bet money that with a bit of trawling you can probably find the pics in an old ebay sale.

Well, it's gone poof now.

I just made a private deal with the seller :devil:

j/k :insane:

Well, it's gone poof now.

I just made a private deal with the seller :devil:

j/k :insane:

some pinoy sneakiness