• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

It's not peewees first rodeo so no reason to talk about trimming or not. Hope the book works out. Can be a very nice find. Good luck.

(thumbs u

absolutely we should talk about issues we see (or don't see) or things that "might" concern us...that's what the board is for...looking out for our fellow members... if pee wee didn't want input, he wouldn't have posted...

I can't always detect trimming (and I'm relatively proficient too), so my guess is peewee (or even cgc) can't either (all the time)... I know I would always appreciate extra set of eyes on a book like this (thumbs u

It's not peewees first rodeo so no reason to talk about trimming or not. Hope the book works out. Can be a very nice find. Good luck.

(thumbs u

absolutely we should talk about issues we see (or don't see) or things that "might" concern us...that's what the board is for...looking out for our fellow members... if pee wee didn't want input, he wouldn't have posted...

I can't always detect trimming (and I'm relatively proficient too), so my guess is peewee (or even cgc) can't either (all the time)... I know I would always appreciate extra set of eyes on a book like this (thumbs u

comments always ok with me. made me look at the book twice. book in hand will answer a lot of questions. :wishluck:

(thumbs u

totally agree with that but this is the hulk 1 club thread. Just didn't want it to get derailed into a full blown trimming debate because it can go that route in 2 seconds.

Impossible to tell from scan but looks "off" on right edge from pic

+1 I'd get a resto check before purchasing it...

+2. I was thinking the same thing. Now that others more experienced than me have said something similar I would definitely have a resto check too. This is just too big of a book to buy without looking under the hood first, so to speak.

Good luck with it!

-J.

I'm reasonably proficient in detecting a trim. I will check it over and get a 2nd opinion for sure.

(thumbs u

I actually bought that exact copy 2-3 weeks ago. That book went from my hands, through Gator's, to another boardie, who has since sold it. It was a CGC graded (Universal) 8.0 when I bought it.

If someone is trying to sell that book to you raw something weird is going on and you may want to tread lightly. It's possible someone is using an old stolen picture from before it was graded.

+2. I was thinking the same thing. Now that others more experienced than me have said something similar I would definitely have a resto check too. This is just too big of a book to buy without looking under the hood first, so to speak.

Good luck with it!

-J.

I'm reasonably proficient in detecting a trim. I will check it over and get a 2nd opinion for sure.

(thumbs u

I actually bought that exact copy 2-3 weeks ago. That book went from my hands, through Gator's, to another boardie, who has since sold it. It was a CGC graded (Universal) 8.0 when I bought it.

If someone is trying to sell that book to you raw something weird is going on and you may want to tread lightly. It's possible someone is using an old stolen picture from before it was graded.

Thanks Adam. That's why we share on the boards. PM sent to you and Rick (GAtor). (thumbs u

Good luck with it!

-J.

(thumbs u

Thanks Adam. That's why we share on the boards. PM sent to you and Rick (GAtor). (thumbs u

I answered pm before I read thread. Maybe that's why I was subconsciously suspicious.

We did sell that book last week. It's a scam peewee

pee wee can you share some of the sellers details, since they are obviously trying to scam you...maybe the info will save some others from being scammed

pee wee can you share some of the sellers details, since they are obviously trying to scam you...maybe the info will save some others from being scammed

Id like to get all the facts together first. (thumbs u

Id like to get all the facts together first. (thumbs u

Makes sense

I'm confused - peewee posted he's had the book in hand once (and would be taking a second look at it), yet apparently it was just recently sold and resides in a slab with one of GATOR's customers?

(shrug)

I'm confused - peewee posted he's had the book in hand once (and would be taking a second look at it), yet apparently it was just recently sold and resides in a slab with one of GATOR's customers?

(shrug)

Peewee said he would get a second opinion. Not take a second look. I don't believe he ever had in hand. And yes, we bought and sold that book already , slabbed cgc 8.0 ow