• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,997 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Nice snag! I saw that auction, and I almost never look at paperbacks. There was another one in there I wanted, although I can't recall it right now...  doh!

The digest was almost unnoticeable, shoved up in the corner of the main pic. Probably why there wasn't stronger bidding. There were 3 decent Avons in there, the rest mostly Signets. Dangerous Love and Cornbread Aristocrat are nicer than my current copies, so i'll sell my undercopies, probably make enough to recoup the lot. (Which is another reason I love lot finds!) Here's the rest...20210426_220113.thumb.jpg.9d689b80ce985f06d5cedd55b059c749.jpg

13 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

You're probably one of the earlier bidders who beat me down lol!

:blush:  Maybe so, but I'm pretty sure I got it from Greg at Dreamhaven.  I just picked up another of the first 14 Phantoms and it should be here soon.  I think I'm down to only 2 that I'm missing and a couple that I want to upgrade.

For me, the digests of this period are the chocolate of paperback collecting.  Amazing covers and very cool in their slightly larger format.  :headbang:

4 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

:blush:  Maybe so, but I'm pretty sure I got it from Greg at Dreamhaven.  I just picked up another of the first 14 Phantoms and it should be here soon.  I think I'm down to only 2 that I'm missing and a couple that I want to upgrade.

For me, the digests of this period are the chocolate of paperback collecting.  Amazing covers and very cool in their slightly larger format.  :headbang:

No doubt re: the digests... I've been singing that song since I got here :acclaim:

1 hour ago, Surfing Alien said:

The digest was almost unnoticeable, shoved up in the corner of the main pic. Probably why there wasn't stronger bidding. There were 3 decent Avons in there, the rest mostly Signets. Dangerous Love and Cornbread Aristocrat are nicer than my current copies, so i'll sell my undercopies, probably make enough to recoup the lot. (Which is another reason I love lot finds!) Here's the rest...20210426_220113.thumb.jpg.9d689b80ce985f06d5cedd55b059c749.jpg

It was Dream Street.  :cloud9: