• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,065 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2023 at 7:28 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Something about this book was nagging at me and I figured out it was that Henry Lewis Nixon wrote more than one book about psychiatrists :) He also wrote one called "Ship's Doctor" so I guess it was a thing... (note the shoulders :devil:)

ConfessionsofaPsychiatrist.thumb.jpg.5af14f967206a736b29ba5691297a86f.jpg

Nice one. I wonder if a psychiatrist ran off with Nixon's wife or something. lol

On 4/6/2023 at 12:01 AM, OtherEric said:

Another PKD first for the collection.  I've already got the BCE in storage somewhere, it was one of the earliest PKD books I found decades ago when I first started looking.

Amazingly, this and the BCE seem to be the only US editions ever, there were multiple versions in the UK and Germany.

Golden Man.jpg

Is that a STERANKO cover?

On 4/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, OtherEric said:

No.  Isfdb says it's by Walter Velez.

One of there years I'll find my Steranko Shadow covers in storage and post them here, though.

Thanks.

I think I've got them all. 

On 4/6/2023 at 12:01 AM, OtherEric said:

Another PKD first for the collection.  I've already got the BCE in storage somewhere, it was one of the earliest PKD books I found decades ago when I first started looking.

Amazingly, this and the BCE seem to be the only US editions ever, there were multiple versions in the UK and Germany.

Golden Man.jpg

Maybe the Golden Eunuch? :devil: