• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,065 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2023 at 5:34 PM, OtherEric said:

I'm glad we're near the top of a page, because I've got quite a few books to share today.  I'll start with this pair, which I couldn't resist tracking down after finding the third book:

Avon_195.jpg

Avon_277.jpg

I wonder why it was only years later when the second part of this trilogy ("The Tortured Planet") was published by Avon. Could be that it was too long and Lewis initially did not want to abridge it?

On 3/31/2023 at 5:51 PM, OtherEric said:

And some Ace singles.  A huge thank you again to @Surfing Alien for throwing in the S-93 and D-336 as an incredibly generous bonus!

Ace D 093 S.jpg

Never saw this before. Hilarious cover and title. Are there interior illustrations?

On 4/1/2023 at 4:29 PM, OtherEric said:

Pretty sure I've shown this before, but closing in on my PKD paperback collection makes me want to show it again.  It's NOT a paperback original, it reprints the hardcover.  But it's probably worth more than any 10 or so of my PKD originals put together.  A very generous gift from a co-worker who had bought it new off the shelf and knew I would appreciate it more than he ever did:

Do Androids Dream a.jpg

Do Androids Dream b.jpg

Do Androids Dream c.jpg

Tremendous copy of a tough pb (thumbsu

On 3/21/2023 at 7:12 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Looks great! Any reports? Big book sightings like RSG, LA Bantams etc? (Or know of anyone else's reports?) Would love to know. At least I'm stoked for Windy City 🤘

Show was quite bust, so I did not get to do much shopping. I did pick up a few cool items that will be at Windy city.

overall, it was nice to see younger people buying paperbacks, Pulps and Digests, even paying real money for them.