• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

Batgirl #35 is beating the mess out of Wytches, Batman & Axis in my shop today...

Where are these people coming from?

( for the record, I think Batgirl is a poor modern spec & Wytches a fairly solid one )

just sayin what's what...

Batgirl #35 is beating the mess out of Wytches, Batman & Axis in my shop today...

( for the record, I think Batgirl is a poor modern spec & Wytches a fairly solid one )

Dang! That's surprising to hear. I think that will quickly change though over the next few days. Still, that's pretty shocking

Dang! That's surprising to hear. I think that will quickly change though over the next few days. Still, that's pretty shocking

Agreed.

Creative change. Costume redesign.

meh...

Book has the love of the people though at my dump.

Batgirl is a solid B list mainstream superhero, directly tied to an A list super hero.

Wytches is a creator owned project without a hit TV show. Not all that surprising that a DC super hero comic is outselling it.

That is crazy to pay cover if you are going to buy in bulk imo. If you don't get one by this time next week, let me know. I'll hook you up. (thumbs u

Thanks man, I'll likely find a copy. I'm thinking below cover as well. A print run of ninety thousand when there are probably ten thousand interested readers leaves me a ratio of 9/1 to pick through as soon as the flippers realize the error of their ways.

Wytches is a creator owned project without a hit TV show. Not all that surprising that a DC super hero comic is outselling it.

Wytches was our #1 subscribed to title this week. ( It tied Death of Wolverine #4 for Octobers lead)

So...

It's quite a surprise to me.

Batgirl outselling Batman on day one is groundbreaking here.

Edited by LarrysComics

Look through every other creator owned comic without a hit TV show you carry. What's the average number of copies you sell?

Wytches doing slightly better because it's a first issue is not terribly surprising, especially with the speculator driven first issue hype surrounding nearly every first issue Image releases these days. I predicted several pages back the drop off at issue #2 will be over 40%, and I wouldn't be shocked if it was closer to 80%. This isn't Detective Comics. It's not going to be a top ten seller on any given issue. No creator owned floppy is doing that without a show or movie hyping it. Not a single one. Not even Saga, which is probably the single best selling comic outside the direct market. Within the direct market, what always sells is what's always going to sell.

Image #1's are to the modern speculator what a chromium cover was to the 90's speculator. There was a time they just flat out sold, reliably. Then the world wised up.

Edited by dupont2005

Look through every other creator owned comic without a hit TV show you carry. What's the average number of copies you sell?

Wytches doing slightly better because it's a first issue is not terribly surprising, especially with the speculator driven first issue hype surrounding nearly every first issue Image releases these days. I predicted several pages back the drop off at issue #2 will be over 40%, and I wouldn't be shocked if it was closer to 80%. This isn't Detective Comics. It's not going to be a top ten seller on any given issue. No creator owned floppy is doing that without a show or movie hyping it. Not a single one. Not even Saga, which is probably the single best selling comic outside the direct market. Within the direct market, what always sells is what's always going to sell.

My point.

My ONLY point...

I'm surprised how well Batgirl is selling.

That's all...

It's not a dig against Wytches.

Batgirl doesn't ALWAYS sell like this.

I've been at this a bit.

But yet you're not surprised that on the same day, Batgirl is outselling Batman? That's very odd. You make it sound like people are not speculating on the new costume/creator team doing well for Batgirl. That every copy of Batgirl is being sold to a reader. ANY day that Batgirl outsells Batman is a shocker! Especially considering the reviews that Batman #35 is getting.

We get it. You don't like speculation. You've been a negative Nancy about speculation. However, some of us do and you either hit or miss with whatever title you try and do it with.

It's the fact that the book is written by Scott Snyder and drawn by Jock. Those are the two driving factors to Wytches.

But yet you're not surprised that on the same day, Batgirl is outselling Batman? That's very odd. You make it sound like people are not speculating on the new costume/creator team doing well for Batgirl. That every copy of Batgirl is being sold to a reader. ANY day that Batgirl outsells Batman is a shocker! Especially considering the reviews that Batman #35 is getting.

We get it. You don't like speculation. You've been a negative Nancy about speculation. However, some of us do and you either hit or miss with whatever title you try and do it with.

It's the fact that the book is written by Scott Snyder and drawn by Jock. Those are the two driving factors to Wytches.

We get it. You don't like speculation. You've been a negative Nancy about speculation.

??

Have we met?

I'm Larry Doherty: the modern speculation dink.

I have made a modern speculative play every week since 1988.

Seriously.

http://conta.cc/1ndotR7

That wasn't directed at you Larry. That was for dupont2005. I didn't quote the original post that I was replying to and that was my mistake.

My apologies to both of you guys. One I was a little harsh on and went off on a tangent and the other mistakenly thought my comments were directed at him. My bad

Time will tell on any new title but I just find it ironic how other books are used to diss this book. Come on DC tried and true characters like Batgirl compared to The Strain compared to Wytches makes me laugh. We could be here all day discussing why something succeeds or fails.

I've got a novel idea how about just read this book if you like and then see where it goes from here. hm

Time will tell on any new title but I just find it ironic how other books are used to diss this book. Come on DC tried and true characters like Batgirl compared to The Strain compared to Wytches makes me laugh. We could be here all day discussing why something succeeds or fails.

I've got a novel idea how about just read this book if you like and then see where it goes from here. hm

*shrug*

Batgirl usually sells thirty copies in my single storefront mid sized destination storefront.

Batman usually sells one hundred+ copies in my single storefront mid sized destination storefront.

Creator owned properties if spotlighted can sell hundreds copies in my single storefront mid sized destination storefront.

I ordered more Wytches & Batmman than Batgirl.

Batgirl is outselling both day one in "MY" shop...

( probably not the case at larger shops )

Wytches is a better investment IMHO.

NO digs...

Just behind the register commentary.