• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

Creator owned properties CAN sell hundreds. But usually don't. In fact, the overwhelming majority of them have never and will never see the Diamond top 300. A staggering number of them are likely not even stocked by your store. The average number of copies sold, for ones only published by the largest five or so creator owned publishers, is likely in the very low four figures worldwide.

The average DC superhero comic would be in the Diamond top 100-150 every month, or else it's cancelled. How many creator owned books are in the top Diamond 150? Lets look. Earliest I can find is June, but here it is.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/29081.html

14 creator owned comics made the top 150. Two of them first issues that likely dropped at issue #2.

Now, Batgirl sold just under fifty thousand copies that month, coming in at number 30. Only three creator owned comics outsold Batgirl that month. One was Walking Dead, one was Saga, and one was a first issue written by Kirkman. Those are the only things outselling a typical issue of Batgirl.

Creator owned properties CAN sell hundreds. But usually don't. In fact, the overwhelming majority of them have never and will never see the Diamond top 300. A staggering number of them are likely not even stocked by your store. The average number of copies sold, for ones only published by the largest five or so creator owned publishers, is likely in the very low four figures worldwide.

The average DC superhero comic would be in the Diamond top 100-150 every month, or else it's cancelled. How many creator owned books are in the top Diamond 150? Lets look. Earliest I can find is June, but here it is.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/29081.html

14 creator owned comics made the top 150. Two of them first issues that likely dropped at issue #2.

Now, Batgirl sold just under fifty thousand copies that month, coming in at number 30. Only three creator owned comics outsold Batgirl that month. One was Walking Dead, one was Saga, and one was a first issue written by Kirkman. Those are the only things outselling a typical issue of Batgirl.

You're right...

Wytches is outselling everything today.

I'm wrong...

You're very handsome.

I'm homely...

You have a tremendous .

Mine is rather small.

Good night.

You're right...

Wytches is outselling everything today.

Amazing how that's what you got out of that post.

What I was saying is it's not uncommon for Batgirl to outsell nearly every creator owned comic on the planet, any given month. Do you know how many creator owned comics come out every month? OF course you don't. I don't either, but I know it's a lot more than three, which is how many outsold Batgirl several months ago. Why is it so shocking that Batgirl, a comic that outsells hundreds, THOUSANDS of creator owned comics on a monthly basis, outsold a creator owned comic this month?

You DID read that Wytches #1 was my shops number one pre order for the month?

**My shops number one pre-order.**

*Not the comic industries.

Thus my surprise with how the day has been playing out. ( based on my 27 year history working New comic day with a storefront & subscription service )

Edited by LarrysComics

FYI the Strain #1 variant recently sold for 114.99 raw NM so no idea where that part of your argument came from dupont...... http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Strain-1-GUILLERMO-DEL-TORO-LAPHAM-FOX-TV-STEVE-MORRIS-VARIANT-NM-/390940777151?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5b05e2dabf
What does that have to do with monthly unit sales of the newest issue? We're talking about creator owned comics outselling Batgirl. Not variant covers selling for plenty of profit on eBay. The Strain is good for about 10k sales a month. Edited by dupont2005

FYI the Strain #1 variant recently sold for 114.99 raw NM so no idea where that part of your argument came from dupont...... http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Strain-1-GUILLERMO-DEL-TORO-LAPHAM-FOX-TV-STEVE-MORRIS-VARIANT-NM-/390940777151?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5b05e2dabf
What does that have to do with monthly unit sales of the newest issue? We're talking about creator owned comics outselling Batgirl. Not variant covers selling for plenty of profit on eBay. The Strain is good for about 10k sales a month.

Because you brought it up saying its not selling heck even the #1 regular issue is selling at 50 dollars on ebay. Not too shabby for a dollar comic book when it was at retail. lol

Because you brought it up saying its not selling heck even the #1 regular issue is selling at 50 dollars on ebay. Not too shabby for a dollar comic book when it was at retail. lol

The one has nothing to do with the other. The Strain sells about ten thousand units per issue. Batgirl sells about fifty thousand units per issue.

Now based on that information, can you tell me which of the two series sells more units per issue? Don't hurt yourself now, take your time.

I am surprised also. The Batgirl month you pulled was the popular Bombshells variant month. Batgirl usually sells around 30 to 35 thousand and ranks in the 60s and 70s. Here is a different month of sales.

may sales

Wytches has many things going for it and its first issue should sell more than 35 thousand issues.

The one has nothing to do with the other. The Strain sells about ten thousand units per issue. Batgirl sells about fifty thousand units per issue.

Now based on that information, can you tell me which of the two series sells more units per issue? Don't hurt yourself now, take your time.

I couldn't agree more with you about one doesn't have anything to do with the other yet you came in comparing Wytches to apples and oranges...its a Image book. I'm sure it'll sell more copies than if it were BOOM or ONI Press or Dark Horse but who cares man really. Sounds like its sour grapes

Well if the numbers mentioned earlier in this thread are correct they have between 80,000 and 90,000 preorders, so if they sell 35k issues, that still leaves plenty of overstock. The entire reason The Strain sells for money on eBay is because there isn't 60,000 unsold copies lying around.

lol

Wytches drama at its best! :banana:

Now when is sideshow selling me his cover? I need to complete the set.

lol

Did you buy the rest of the original cover art ?

hm

I couldn't agree more with you about one doesn't have anything to do with the other yet you came in comparing Wytches to apples and oranges...its a Image book. I'm sure it'll sell more copies than if it were BOOM or ONI Press or Dark Horse but who cares man really. Sounds like its sour grapes

I wasn't comparing it to anything. Larry compared it to Batgirl, expressing shock that it didn't outsell Batgirl. I put it in perspective, that 99.9999% of creator owned comics do not outsell Batgirl.

Dance around the logic all you want in the hopes this is the next big thing in comics. I saw that same kind of enthusiasm with Skullkickers. I'll just be here, not surprised that a DC bat title outsells an unheard of creator owned comic.