• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

Was going to bid on a NYCC variant but my personal preference slapped me in the face and I went for a pre-code EC horror book instead (thumbs u

Fixed that for you.

Was going to bid on a NYCC variant but my personal preference slapped me in the face and I went for a pre-code EC horror book instead (thumbs u

Fixed that for you.

No, I still want one, I'm just not going to pay 1st week scalper prices for it

Fixed that for you.

Except that it might be scalper prices and it might not. (thumbs u

Fixed that for you.

Bedlam :gossip:

Fixed that for you.

Saga :baiting:

Fixed that for you.

Saga :gossip:

The fact is we don't know. Saga didn't rise this fast but had no movie announcement. It built a readership and the RRP soared. Bedlam had everyone jump on it right away and the prices were similar to Wytches now. Then it disappeared. Wasn't it also delayed? So the readership never formed and the book sank on the secondary market.

So here we have Wytches. It gained steam like Bedlam and IMO has readership potential like Saga. Can they keep the title on schedule? I would guess there will be a post speculation lull and then if the readership catches on it can rise again. The question for me is, how big of a lull and for how long. If the current speculation buzz maintains for even a couple months then the title has a chance to catch on with readers.

I sold enough to break even and now anxiously await the grading.

It's sort of hard not to trust the team around this book. Bedlam was literally bedlam.

As Branget said, Saga was a very slow rise. That book took forever, and even had a few lulls given the planned time between issues. I stocked up on #1's when they were going for $50 and it's been one of my smartest spec moves in years. That said, I passed up on a stack of 50 of them at Midtown Comics when they were fresh. That was the same day there were 20+ Peter Panzerfausts #1's right next to them. Hindsight!

This book will end up being like

wytches

A lot of Variants

Movie hype

Power creative team

its a very different mix from Saga and Bedlam

time will tell but Snyder + Jock + Image + Movie hype = :cloud9:

2c

This book certainly has a lot going for it. That being said, I wouldn't touch the NYCC variant at current prices. Just insane right now - especially relative to current prices on other variants. There is certainly no additional "significance" to the NYCC variant.

The fact is we don't know. Saga didn't rise this fast but had no movie announcement. It built a readership and the RRP soared. Bedlam had everyone jump on it right away and the prices were similar to Wytches now. Then it disappeared. Wasn't it also delayed? So the readership never formed and the book sank on the secondary market.

So here we have Wytches. It gained steam like Bedlam and IMO has readership potential like Saga. Can they keep the title on schedule? I would guess there will be a post speculation lull and then if the readership catches on it can rise again. The question for me is, how big of a lull and for how long. If the current speculation buzz maintains for even a couple months then the title has a chance to catch on with readers.

I sold enough to break even and now anxiously await the grading.

I'm still not convinced. Bedlam had the exact same thing going for it - tons of variants of #1, including a NYCC variant that was on fire straight out the gate. Saga just never had that ... it's seen a slow & steady rise simply due to the fact that it's a great book.

This book certainly has a lot going for it. That being said, I wouldn't touch the NYCC variant at current prices. Just insane right now - especially relative to current prices on other variants. There is certainly no additional "significance" to the NYCC variant.

How much did you pay per copy for your Saga RRP's?