• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

See here is where my BS detector goes haywire...

NYCC variant currently at $225.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-NYCC-Exclusive-Wytches-1-Variant-Snyder-Signed-New-York-Comic-Con-Image-/131321694472?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e93620908

Ok, fine, dandy, he was able to get one, good for him, he seems like a stand-up seller by looking at his feedback. Oh yeah about that feedback...

He sold this NYCC Funko thing and the "winner" left positive feedback already saying how fast the shipping was..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NYCC-2014-exclusive-slimed-Ecto-1-Ghostbuster-New-York-Comic-Con-Funko-Pop-Vinyl-/141434115801

YEAH lightning fast if he "sold" it at 3:13PM Saturday and since most NYC post offices are closed on Saturday, he really had to hustle to get it in the mail for the winner to get it so fast and leave positive feedback.

Well, he could have just mailed it yesterday 1-day express. Oh never mind, Columbus Day, post office was closed.

Sorry for the long cynical post but 2+2 really does equal 4 more often than not

what would be the point tho? If these auctions really were fake. especially the toy ones.

I think the point is clearly obvious if this is in fact a shill...

I would hope these guys are getting $225 for these books as some have sacrificed their seller ratings to do so

That seller is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

I've seen a few guys get pinched for pre-selling product they didn't have, or couldn't get. One even got kicked off Ebay for too many complaints.

I would hope these guys are getting $225 for these books as some have sacrificed their seller ratings to do so

That seller is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

I've seen a few guys get pinched for pre-selling product they didn't have, or couldn't get. One even got kicked off Ebay for too many complaints.

This guy is even worse as he advertised it as being "in hand".. kinda hard to use the "I couldn't get any" excuse when you're selling it as an item you already posses.. Greed, it does a body good.

It also works similarly for buyers. I agreed to find copies of the NYCC for two boardies. As the book got hotter I got multiple requests to pick up a copy. Ok. So now that the book is selling for $100 all these buyers are hoping I can pick them up a copy for $10. Seriously?

I honoured the deals with the two boardies and told the rest to take a hike. Silly.

It also works similarly for buyers. I agreed to find copies of the NYCC for two boardies. As the book got hotter I got multiple requests to pick up a copy. Ok. So now that the book is selling for $100 all these buyers are hoping I can pick them up a copy for $10. Seriously?

I honoured the deals with the two boardies and told the rest to take a hike. Silly.

And that's your prerogative. Nobody can really expect you to do that for them on a hot book like that. It's nice you honored your two boardie pre-sales. It's the honorable thing to do in my opinion. Selling an item as "IN HAND" on ebay and then cancelling the sale only to resell it again at a higher price is lame.

As a buyer, I would never hold a boardie (CGC or BO) that is trying to pick something up for me, at fault. That's straight up ridiculous! Wytches is the perfect example of something going haywire in popularity and being (near) impossible to get from the actual tables. If you pre-bought and it doesn't go your way, spend the refunded money on something else.

Ebay, on the other hand, is a different story. Neg those punks who weren't able to get them or cancelled then raised prices. That's shady as hell!

Pre selling is always a double edged sword.

Will the Wytches NYCC be difficult to get in high grade due to black cover?

Interesting to know if the books seen at the convention were in overall decent condition.

The biggest worry is fingerprints on the back cover, very easy to do.

Interesting to know if the books seen at the convention were in overall decent condition.

It might be. The thing that I've noticed is that the back cover of the regular issues grab fingerprints worse or equal to any book I've ever seen. Its a white glove book imo. I don't know if this will change grades but it looks ugly.

The biggest worry is fingerprints on the back cover, very easy to do.

+1

Did that a couple times going through a stack of copies at my LCS before realizing.

Any way to get them off without messing other stuff up?