• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

And as it stands right now Saga has the same amount of "variants" as Wytches. I have never experienced the release of several variants watering down the overall variant prices. Usually one is selected as the favourite and the rarest is the one that soars.

The RRP being done by the co-creator in Saga vs a guest artist for Wytches? I guess.

Did you really just equate the number of Saga variants over a 22 issue run to the number of Wytches variants of issue 1 (so far)...? (shrug)

C'mon Jeff, you're smarter than that.

Of course not. Try again.

And as it stands right now Saga has the same amount of "variants" as Wytches. I have never experienced the release of several variants watering down the overall variant prices. Usually one is selected as the favourite and the rarest is the one that soars.

The RRP being done by the co-creator in Saga vs a guest artist for Wytches? I guess.

Did you really just equate the number of Saga variants over a 22 issue run to the number of Wytches variants of issue 1 (so far)...? (shrug)

So...the relevance of that first sentence is what, exactly...?

So...the relevance of that first sentence is what, exactly...?

C'mon Court, you're smarter than that. ;)

^^

lol

I am still trying to wrap my head around all of Court's points about the Saga RRP vs Wytches NYCC.

I keep thinking about the theory of diluted variants. I can't understand how that would negatively affect the price.

The rest of the points I simply do not agree with on the secondary market and I think it applies more to the OA market which is Court's specialty.

The CBLDF variant is supposed to be only 250 copies.

Will that have more heat because it's the smallest print run, or less heat because it will be near impossible for anyone to have 5-10 copies right out of the gate and set the price, sell, relist, repeat?

CBLDF said the stores that are on there CBLDF member list will get the copies.

That means a hell of a lot of these will end up in the hands of speculators as most CBLDF stores do not speculate.

For $100 I'll tell you where this is

Screenshot2014-10-16at43733PM_zpsbda71c43.png

It's only for new members and for stores that renewed their membership in Sept / Oct using the proper ordering code thru diamond previews.

For $100 I'll show you the email the CBLDF sent me

**trying to remember where I read that it was only 250 copies

MEMBER LEVELS and DIAMOND ORDER CODES:

RETAIL ADVOCATE $100 (SEP140010)

The 2014 Retail Advocate will receive:

The 2014 Membership Card, designed and illustrated by superstar artist Cully Hamner!

CBLDF branded window cling, donation can, and the “CBLDF Celebrates BANNED BOOKS WEEK” and “Working With Libraries! A Handbook For Comics Creators“ publications.

CBLDF travel mug.

Exclusive variant cover set with one copy of Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 CBLDF Variant, one copy of the Wytches #1 CBLDF Variant, and five copies of the CBLDF Variant of All New Captain America #1. These covers are available ONLY to CBLDF member stores, and only available through this program.

cap a cbldfRETAIL ADVOCATE (NO PREMIUMS) $100 (SEP140011)

RETAIL DEFENDER $250 (SEP140012)

The 2014 Retail Defender will receive the Retail Advocate package, but with TWO copies of the Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 CBLDF Variant, TWO copies of Wytches #1 CBLDF Variant, and TEN copies of the CBLDF Variant of All New Captain America #1. We’ll also throw in an extra travel mug for your store’s wearied manager.

RETAIL DEFENDER (NO PREMIUMS) $250 (SEP140013)

RETAIL PROTECTOR $500 (SEP140014)

The 2014 Retail Protector will receive the Retail Advocate package, but with FIVE copies of the Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 CBLDF Variant, FIVE copies of Wytches #1 CBLDF Variant, and FIFTEEN copies of the CBLDF Variant of All New Captain America #1. We’ll also throw in an extra travel mug to replace the one that gets lost in the floorboard.

RETAIL PROTECTOR (NO PREMIUMS) $500 (SEP140015)

RETAIL CHAMPION $1000 (SEP140017)

The 2014 Retail Champion will receive the Retail Protector package, but with TEN copies of the Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 CBLDF Variant, TEN copies of Wytches #1 CBLDF Variant, and TWENTY copies of the CBLDF Variant of All New Captain America #1. Stores joining at this level will also receive the extremely rare Sandman Omnibus Silver Edition, limited to a run of 500 number copies and signed by Neil Gaiman. This edition has an SRP of $500.

I've only come across one shop throwing down the $1000 for 10 copies and those books are all spoken for (not by me). No shops in my area associated with CBLDF are taking part in it. Its my favorite cover, love a blue slab for my collection. Not at $1000 though.

I could see some shops forking over the $500 or $1000 and will make it back in a second....

BUT... are the variants shipping from Diamond? Hope the monkeys in the warehouse are careful :pullhair:

1238512403_dancing_chimps.gif

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Great, I'm listening to Black Sabbath now and every time I hear "The Writ" I'm gonna think of dancing monkeys!