• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

There will be no tears. Only pity after seeing you at work.

Oh, those aren't my pre-sells.

I take care of my customer base first.

You pity the internet.

I do pity those buying at those prices out of fear it will keep rising. Too bad the shops in your program need the money so bad.

There will be no tears. Only pity after seeing you at work.

Oh, those aren't my pre-sells.

I take care of my customer base first.

You pity the internet.

I do pity those buying at those prices out of fear it will keep rising. Too bad the shops in your program need the money so bad.

??

Yes. Most independently owned small business" need money.

I work hard to make money every day.

Most do.

I went to the LCS this morning and noticed that Wytches completely sold out. I couldn't find 1 of them on the shelf. Outcast #1 was available at the same LCS for over a month after it came out. Rat Queens #1 was there for over 3 months. East of West #1 sold out the 1st day but they only started with 5 or 6 copies.

So do guys think that this has a much smaller print run than Outcast or is it that much better of a seller ? I personally thought this would be the 2nd best seller from Image this year and it may well be but its shaping up as a big secondary market winner.

I don't think this will have a smaller print run. I went to 3 LCS' and they all had stacks (probably about 50-100 each). I guess that could be unusual, but I don't think so. Personally I think it's around the same as Outcast if not a little higher.

WYTCHES!!!

I went to the LCS this morning and noticed that Wytches completely sold out. I couldn't find 1 of them on the shelf. Outcast #1 was available at the same LCS for over a month after it came out. Rat Queens #1 was there for over 3 months. East of West #1 sold out the 1st day but they only started with 5 or 6 copies.

So do guys think that this has a much smaller print run than Outcast or is it that much better of a seller ? I personally thought this would be the 2nd best seller from Image this year and it may well be but its shaping up as a big secondary market winner.

There's a few shops here in Philly that still have plenty of Wytches #1 at cover. Others sold out the 1st day because they didn't order heavy on it. Too many new Image titles that sat the last few months I guess. Although with Snyder and Jock, that's a no-brainer IMO

There's a few shops here in Philly that still have plenty of Wytches #1 at cover. Others sold out the 1st day because they didn't order heavy on it. Too many new Image titles that sat the last few months I guess. Although with Snyder and Jock, that's a no-brainer IMO

I agree. Its possible that my LCS goes too light...no, they for sure go too light on most Image stuff. They had a stack of Low #1 for a month or more and Outcast #1 for about the same. I guess I just need to ask how many they ordered. Thanks for the input. (thumbs u

Very interesting. When do the comichron numbers come out for issue #1? I'm curious to see the print for 1-3. It is possible Wytches will take over Images #2 selling title after walking dead. Does the movie speculation have enough juice to where it can sustain a high print run.

I think the movie would have enough juice to sustain it. They could make this super creepy and gory if they wanted to go that route, or just make a really scary flick. I'm not the biggest horror movie fan but if this becomes one - I'll be there (probably without popcorn because I'd throw that everywhere)! :)

It's a cool cover. One of my faves....so far.

It's not a #1. 500 is still quite a few copies. The colour is well over 1,000. Very likely 3,000.

Dead wrong on the color number.

500 is the money number with Image titles.

Time will tell...

I'll bet the market will settle with B&W #2 being < than the NYCC but > everything else.

Larry:

Just a quick question. You have stated several times on these boards you are doing these Phantom variants to help out creators who may not otherwise get attention. When you do a book like this on a book that doesn't need the attention, why are you limiting it to a 500 instead of 1000, which should easily sell with a big name creator like Scott Snyder? Is your reason for doing these Phantom variants changing? (I understand reason #1 is to make money for participating retailers.)

help out creators who may not otherwise get attention

YES and NO.

I have said many, many, many times.

Phantom program is designed to:

#1-Drive foot traffic to brick & mortar stores.

#2-Make money for brick & mortar stores.

#3-Help out creators who may not otherwise get attention.

The program going into it's third year & I have learned quite a bit.

I cannot always sell the shops unheard of or "B" level properties, I have to mix in some "A" level books too.

The black & white program developed from feedback right here.

Collectors want low numbers, so now I have mechanism in place to do both.

I appreciate the response.

Anybody know what a Austin Books variant is? I see a presell of the #2 variant for this. Never heard of it.

I think it's the Rafael Albequerque cover. I saw it on twitter a few days ago. There's also a Jeff Lemire shop variant cover floating around out there. Tons of variants for this one, especially considering it's the second issue. At least they're picking quality artists.

Anybody know what a Austin Books variant is? I see a presell of the #2 variant for this. Never heard of it.

I think it's the Rafael Albequerque cover. I saw it on twitter a few days ago. There's also a Jeff Lemire shop variant cover floating around out there. Tons of variants for this one, especially considering it's the second issue. At least they're picking quality artists.

Thanks! Very true about the artists. I have not "disliked" any of the covers so far.