• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Results of Initial Schomburg Polls!! Final Poll Coming Soon

79 posts in this topic

You are fast Ciorac! Thanks for filling out the polls.

By the way, I was considering your former comment about nominating all Schomburg covers. Conceptually, I agree but there are so many (over 600) that I thought trying to narrow down from that crazy number would be (even more) overwhelming to boardies. Plus, I do think that the boardies nominated all serious contenders for the top 10.

(thumbs u

I was only being snarky though when I made that comment, as some of the suggestions given were fairly pedestrian examples of his work. His ten best are up there with anyone's ten best. But his middling stuff is just that, midddling

Very tough to narrow it down so much so fast. One point of clarification. Jon Juan isn't a Schomburg cover (though it is the only comic he did interior work for.)

I don't think Sub-Mariner #7 is a Schomburg cover either, but you didn't hear that from me. :gossip:

Oooooops! :facepalm:

Very tough to narrow it down so much so fast. One point of clarification. Jon Juan isn't a Schomburg cover (though it is the only comic he did interior work for.)

Jon Juan cover sure looks like Schomburg to me (signed with the pseudonym Al Reid)

I voted, but man - these groupings are tough. I would have preferred to see things grouped by title, or theme, or style. As these are grouped now some great covers don't stand a chance to advance. Still, thanks for putting it together.

I don't think Sub-Mariner #7 is a Schomburg cover either, but you didn't hear that from me. :gossip:

Thanks guys. BTW: Didn't Schomburg do interior work for Amazing Adventures 1 too?

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotIdNo=171008#Photo

On the CGC label it mentions Schomburg as an artist but does not specify a cover artist. It doesn't appear like his cover. So, I'm assuming he contributed to the interior pages.

Thanks guys. BTW: Didn't Schomburg do interior work for Amazing Adventures 1 too?

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotIdNo=171008#Photo

On the CGC label it mentions Schomburg as an artist but does not specify a cover artist. It doesn't appear like his cover. So, I'm assuming he contributed to the interior pages.

..... he has interior stories in AA 1 and 2...... both decent.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u