• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Alright, crystal ball time fellow Clubbies... how much does a CGC 2.0 blue label go for (consistently) in 2020?

FWIW I'm nowhere near the qualification level of fortune teller over most of the boardies here, but I say 12-12.5k in 2020.

I like the '74 date on the signature too.

Someone told me that Stan went to a big comic convention in London in 1974 which is probably when it was signed.

I think it was early in 1973, and I read that he had no say in Gwen Stacey being killed off since he was across the pond.

The purchaser stepped up to the plate and took a chance, will do quite well. Again, the Voldy scan didn't help it much the first time around and inhibit some internet bidders no doubt.

Some people are just not risk takers or don't trust their own grading skills. If I had 6 figures to sink into a book I'd have bid on it.

How about that date stamp on the front cover? How much will that affect the price even if its in a cgc case
some collectors love date stamps. Might positively affect price (shrug)
I love full date stamps, cleanly placed on FCs.

Me too.

I have been looking for years for my birthday date stamp and the closest I have come is within 2 days.

The purchaser stepped up to the plate and took a chance, will do quite well. Again, the Voldy scan didn't help it much the first time around and inhibit some internet bidders no doubt.

Some people are just not risk takers or don't trust their own grading skills. If I had 6 figures to sink into a book I'd have bid on it.

I was very surprised to see what it ended at.

I was very surprised to see what it ended at.

I thought it would have been 85K+ in the voldy case.

I had a feeling from the old voldy scan, something wasn't right about the scan. The risk at this level can be hard to swallow for most, but can be rewarding. In hindsight, at 77K is quite a good deal, but the sales tax for some could be another 7-10% (at least for me). :P

I had a feeling from the old voldy scan, something wasn't right about the scan. The risk at this level can be hard to swallow for most, but can be rewarding. In hindsight, at 77K is quite a good deal, but the sales tax for some could be another 7-10% (at least for me). :P

Well, the sales tax at $77K last time will definitely be a lot less than the sales tax at $150K or whatever it goes for on this next go round. :gossip:

Nice looking 9.0 upcoming cc auction

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=701480

Wow that is for sure one of the nicest AF15's I have ever seen!!

Any guesses on what it will sell for?

My guess is that this 9.0 copy on CC will go a long way to keeping the price down on the 8.5 copy coming up at HA. hm

Especially with both copies due out only a few weeks apart.

HA must be feeling a bit :mad: as the 9.0 copy will certainly steal some of the thunder from their 8.5 copy.