• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Thanks Jay again you have answered my query. On the other hand I really admire all of the forum members who have AF15, I LOVE Spidey yet I could never justify paying a large amount of money for one. That's not to say if I ever held one in my hand I wouldn't be tempted to punch your face and run...Only kidding! I would be jealous I'm only human, sigh maybe someday.

Assuming HA waved the 10%, the seller is still losing 19.5% (assuming that HA doesn't offer some kind of rebate on the BP)

Don't believe this is anywhere near correct unless you are assuming that all sellers, including your average and Jane, which nobody has ever heard of must then have the same brand recognition and market reach as Heritage. :screwy:

Even Schmell himself went through HA when it came time to auction off his multi-million dollar Marvel SA personal collection, even though he has his own industry recognized auction site. So, there must be a reason why consignors are willing to pay the 800-lb gorilla. hm

Assuming HA waved the 10%, the seller is still losing 19.5% (assuming that HA doesn't offer some kind of rebate on the BP)

Don't believe this is anywhere near correct unless you are assuming that all sellers, including your average and Jane, which nobody has ever heard of must then have the same brand recognition and market reach as Heritage. :screwy:

Even Schmell himself went through HA when it came time to auction off his multi-million dollar Marvel SA personal collection, even though he has his own industry recognized auction site. So, there must be a reason why consignors are willing to pay the 800-lb gorilla. hm

:gossip: It is extremely likely that Schmell negotiated a better rate on that consignment.

I don't watch the auctions as close as many but I don't think that HA on average gets 16.5% higher (10% seller + 19.5% buyer - Clink/CC 10-13%) prices than other venues do they?

:gossip: It is extremely likely that Schmell negotiated a better rate on that consignment.

I don't watch the auctions as close as many but I don't think that HA on average gets 16.5% higher (10% seller + 19.5% buyer - Clink/CC 10-13%) prices than other venues do they?

Of course Schmell would be able to negotiate a better rate. But not down to 0% which jaybuck is referring to when he says that the seller is losing all 19.5%. :gossip:

Or are you implying that collectors would not have a problem with throwing down half million dollars bids on eBay to a no-name seller which they have probably never hear of. If this was the case, why wouldn't Schmell have auction off his personal collection on his own website at an 0% cost. hm

Of course Schmell would be able to negotiate a better rate. But not down to 0% which jaybuck is referring to when he says that the seller is losing all 19.5%. :gossip:

Or are you implying that collectors would not have a problem with throwing down half million dollars bids on eBay to a no-name seller which they have probably never hear of. If this was the case, why wouldn't Schmell have auction off his personal collection on his own website at an 0% cost. hm

He can get more bids and eyes on it this way.

If this was the case, why wouldn't Schmell have auction off his personal collection on his own website at an 0% cost. hm

- much, much greater exposure on HA than Pedigree

- less fear of shill bidding

- more deep pocket bidders on HA

- conflict of interest

- less work ( logistics ...)

- technical issues

Exactly, He can reach a bigger audience with deeper pockets by going through HA than he could with his own site.

Exactly, He can reach a bigger audience with deeper pockets by going through HA than he could with his own site.

..... plus he eliminates any conflict of interest type arguments that sometimes arise when using one's own auction house. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes, this was also my point EXACTLY as per my original post above! :gossip:

This is exactly why it is incorrect for jaybuck to say the consignor is losing 19.5% by using HA to sell off his copy of AF 15. hm

Hey everyone,

New to the website and still getting my legs under me. Can I ask where on the site is the best place to check for possible AF15s that were for sale. Looking for a mid-grade slightly up or down of around a 5.0 with no or little chipping if possible but open to other options.

Thanks and I hope this is the right thread to ask this on.

Hey everyone,

New to the website and still getting my legs under me. Can I ask where on the site is the best place to check for possible AF15s that were for sale. Looking for a mid-grade slightly up or down of around a 5.0 with no or little chipping if possible but open to other options.

Thanks and I hope this is the right thread to ask this on.

welcome to the boards :). Ask SpiderTurtle. He has sold many AF15s on these boards :)

Here's the "for sale section"

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=78

..... plus he eliminates any conflict of interest type arguments that sometimes arise when using one's own auction house. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep. Also, there are people that won't even bid on Pedigree Auctions out of principle.

How ironic and not exactly the best way to promote your website to other potential consignors. hm

If your own comic book website is not good enough to handle your own personal collection, then why should you expect anybody else to consign their books to your website when it comes to the truly good stuff? :boo::flamed: