• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

$22,750 for the 5.0 on comiclink. Strong price

...meanwhile the Voldemort 3.0 went $2,700+ less than the last comparably graded copy on ebay. :tonofbricks:

-J.

Jay;

Sounds as though the 5.0 AMF 15 may have been an outlier. :gossip:

From the post below, if we are to believe it, it would appear that most of the keys were very soft, not just the Voldmort copy. hm

Outside of the AF15 5.0(great price), most of the rest of the keys that ended tonight were pretty, no make that very, soft.

$22,750 for the 5.0 on comiclink. Strong price

...meanwhile the Voldemort 3.0 went $2,700+ less than the last comparably graded copy on ebay. :tonofbricks:

-J.

Jay;

Sounds as though the 5.0 AMF 15 may have been an outlier. :gossip:

From the post below, if we are to believe it, it would appear that most of the keys were very soft, not just the Voldmort copy. hm

Outside of the AF15 5.0(great price), most of the rest of the keys that ended tonight were pretty, no make that very, soft.

It appears to me that in 2015, 5.0s (no mc) were pushing to get to $20k. Now its a minimum of $20k to get one. Interesting to see how 5.5s will be priced this year.

I sold a 5.0 OW-W (no mc) on the boards in mid-2014 for $15K and thought I got a good price. Wish I had that one back! :D

You can subscribe here: Link

Well worth it, imo, if you intend to buy and sell CGC graded books. Also a lot of fun to just poke around in to see trends in prices over time, what key pedigree books have sold for, and so on.

What is the going rate for a 3.0 CGC blue?

GPA says .... about $11K.

:gossip: Only in a Voldemort slab these days. ;)

-J.

12-mo average of $11,187 and the most recent sale (last month) was $11,404. A 3.5 sold for $11,353 this month. (shrug)

Last ebay sale was for $13,500. That was a BIN and right before the holidays. Realistically if you can get one for $12k-$13k right now you're probably doing well.

-J.

Funny that it's not on GPA.

Last ebay sale was for $13,500. That was a BIN and right before the holidays. Realistically if you can get one for $12k-$13k right now you're probably doing well.

-J.

It happens. I used to alert them to the occasional mistakes and oversights but I have since let my membership lapse.

I suppose I should re-up for another year.

-J.

-J.

It happens. I used to alert them to the occasional mistakes and oversights but I have since let my membership lapse.

-J.

Or maybe the transaction price was below the BIN price?

-J.

-J.

Or maybe the transaction price was below the BIN price?

I double checked watchcount. $13.5k looks to be the price.

-J.

From the guy who always complains about fake sales being posted, I don't know why he's now arguing the opposite...... If the sale doesn't show up on GPA, then it didn't close, period (for ebay sales). Of course, sometimes the other way around can happen (a sale that is reported on GPA shouldn't be), but that's not what we're talking about here.

To the original poster. I'd think the market value is in the $10.5K-$12.5K range (they are typically wide ranges because not all 3.0s are created equal!). So I'd say you should try to shoot for $10K-$10.5K for the nicest copy you can find, but you may not be successful.

Best of luck! Perhaps you can find a seller here or a dealer that would like to save on fees and pass some of those savings on to you.