• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

I got a print copy of the heritage catalog in the mail this weekend for this upcoming auction and for what it's worth, the tanning on the cover of the 9.4 doesn't seem to look as bad in the images I saw there...

Agreed, although even light tanning on a comic sporting a near mint label is contradictory to some, including me.

I thought the light tanning blended in quite nicely with all of the grey and brown colours on the cover.

Gives a nicer visual appearance to the overall cover as a whole! (thumbs ulol

I got a print copy of the heritage catalog in the mail this weekend for this upcoming auction and for what it's worth, the tanning on the cover of the 9.4 doesn't seem to look as bad in the images I saw there...

Agreed, although even light tanning on a comic sporting a near mint label is contradictory to some, including me.

I thought the light tanning blended in quite nicely with all of the grey and brown colours on the cover.

Gives a nicer visual appearance to the overall cover as a whole! (thumbs ulol

Well then you should've riffed on my post...p. 212

I'm an architect. We refer to this as patina. Patina can be a subjective asset by enhancing (changing) the thing it is affecting in a positive manner...showing its age if you will while adding something...in this case the light sepia tone actually plays well with the colors of the cover.

Annoying for some and, perhaps, adding something for another...just throwing this out there...we don't all think alike hence the diversity of the collecting community... \(thumbs u

:baiting:

Edited by trmoore54

No kidding. It looks great from what you can see. How's the right edge? Any Marvel chipping? The seller has to know someone that can scan the book correctly. It amazes me how someone who is selling a really expensive book doesn't have the sense to properly present it.

We sold a 5.0 for 26k last month

I guess my chances of upgrading get slimmer and slimmer as the months progress. Nice sale!

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=54234

This is as nice a 5.0 comic book that you will ever see.

gnarly tape pull on as nice 5.0 that I will ever see

I would take it.