• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Interesting story about these extensively restored high-grade CBCS books. Long thread about them on the GA board.

Interesting story about these extensively restored high-grade CBCS books. Long thread about them on the GA board.

Are you sure this one was done by the Meyers? (shrug)

This one doesn't seem to be as overly glossed as some of their other books. I guess there must be a couple of flaws here as most of their extensively restored books tend to achieve higher grades than this. hm

Currently at $180K...anyone want to guess the final hammer price?

Not necessarily the last sale...but last GPA recorded sale Aug 2011 went for $325K. :o

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-nm-94-off-white-pages/a/7124-91113.s

AF15_9.4_zpskfcpgquo.jpg

:gossip: Currently at $215k.

-J.

Oh, no! My secret maximum bid of $500 has been outbid! :cry:

No intent to buy. Just asked whether the book got a pass because it is an AF 15.

It shouldn't have and I don't think it did. In my experience, CGC has lately tended to be pretty hard on tanning, much less hard on dust shadows. Without having bought the grader's notes, I would guess they considered this a dust shadow and, so, failed to hammer it.

I agree with you, though, that it's off-putting and the type of flaw I tend to avoid with books in my ballpark. Of course, this book is in a different ballpark -- actually, more like a different sport altogether. :D

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful book and I'd love to own it, but that tanning is a defect that cgc hammers on other lesser keys

Well, I'm sure they would tell you that they don't cut keys a break. Whether you buy that story or not ....