• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Congrats!! You say you only like to purchase AF15's but what about comics like say Captain America Comics #1, Superman #1, Batman #1, Marvel Comics #1 or a Detective Comics #27 (or something like that from the Golden Age)? I mean those are huge key issues as well. Your set of AF15's looks nice but in my opinion it is missing that ''wow/cool'' factor to it!! In the end it's your money but all the above comics I mentioned will do just as well as any AF15 over the long period so not only would you get to keep the financial aspect of your collecting intact but you would add to a already amazing collection.

Edited by Hulk1962

Congrats!! You say you only like to purchase AF15's but what about comics like say Captain America Comics #1, Superman #1, Batman #1, Marvel Comics #1 or a Detective Comics #27 (or something like that from the Golden Age)? I mean those are huge key issues as well. Your set of AF15's looks nice but in my opinion it is missing that ''wow/cool'' factor to it!! In the end it's your money but all the above comics I mentioned will do just as well as any AF15 over the long period so not only would you get to keep the financial aspect of your collecting intact but you would add to a already amazing collection.

I agree that all the above mentioned books will do as well as the af15. I like af15 b/c it gives me the thrill or high of owning it. I've owned at one point or another some major keys but the thrill wasn't the same and i found myself selling the books to finance af15s. I don't get that thrill with other books. The only books that would surpass that thrill would be an action 1 or tec27. With recent sales of restored copies, looks like i'm priced out of those 2 books.

Edited by SpiderTurtle

Says the person with every silver age key in his sig line :baiting:

I agree that all the above mentioned books will do as well as the af15. I like af15 b/c it gives me the thrill or high of owning it. I've owned at one point or another some major keys but the thrill wasn't the same and i found myself selling the books to finance af15s. I don't get that thrill with other books. The only books that would surpass that thrill would be an action 1 or tec27. With recent sales of restored copies, looks like i'm priced out of those 2 books.

If you don't mind my asking, did you sell all of your Action #1 pages that you had slabbed?

If you don't mind my asking, did you sell all of your Action #1 pages that you had slabbed?

Sold them all

Don't get me wrong I would love to own multiple AF15's but owning a AF15 and say a Captain America Comics #1 to me would be much cooler but hey we all have our own collecting goals after all. I was simply curious to see why he was not interested in the Golden Age keys as a substitute for the Silver Age keys.

Edited by Hulk1962

Makes sens enjoy the AF15 hunting!! AF15's will only continue to grow in value over time can't go wrong with this book!!

Just curious what grade was your Captain America Comics #1? I ask because that is one of my favorite books/characters of all time. I would love to own this book one day.

Edited by Hulk1962

thanks, looking for cgc

Have you tried Google ? Someone mentioned to me this one time that you can get a lot of questions answer there.

Or eBay ? I think they sell comics on there sometimes.

Maybe you could call Steve Ivy or Jim Halperin over at Heritage ha . I bet they can help you.

:makepoint:

:jokealert:

:screwy:

thanks, looking for cgc

Have you tried Google ? Someone mentioned to me this one time that you can get a lot of questions answer there.

Or eBay ? I think they sell comics on there sometimes.

Maybe you could call Steve Ivy or Jim Halperin over at Heritage ha . I bet they can help you.

:makepoint:

:jokealert:

:screwy:

lol:hi: Normally my first call is Mr. Olds...... but that's more if i'm hunting impossible silver dc books!!