• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Man these copies are beautiful! Thanks for all the info and input guys. I don't really want to sell my coverless af15 but my laptop just bit the dust and I'm still helping my parents pay for my sisters funeral, the unborn nephew, and my niece who were killed in July by a drunk driver. So unfortunately times are tough and I might just list it at a high amount and if it sells it sell, if not I'll hang onto it. I know I'll never have a chance to own one again so might as well hope for the best and at least get enough to help my folks out.

I can not truly believe that I am in the AF15 club!

I just purchased my first AF15 from Bunky Brian who is here on the forum and has bunkybrothers.com. I Bumped into him at Silicon Valley Comicon where my brother bought a HOS92 from him and we started talking about a 3.0 AF15 he had. It was the first time I actually held one in my hands and I was shaking and choked up when I walked away. After I left I couldn't stop thinking about it and after talking with the wife and giving her the full online GPA analysis she was onboard. After that Brian and I had some calls, texts, videos and pictures I just went out today and met him to pick it up and could not be happier.

A really great and honest guy.

Looking forward to keeping the relationship going.

Thanks for helping to make my dream a reality my friend!

22E03E76-957F-4B53-9BB5-28C3DCC5FFCD_zpsrtxonxmf.jpg

Congrats very nice looking CGC 3.0....your wife will be a happy camper in the long run as she sees this comic keep growing and growing in value (there really is no end in sight for continued growth when it comes to AF15)!! Wait till you watch movies now with Spidey in them you will get even more of a thrill. By the way Spidey will be in the up coming Captain America Movie and will then join the Avengers. That is a lot to look forward to....no negatives when being a AF15 club member!!

If you really want to have some fun now that you have this book start buying the Marvel Masterworks of Spider-Man (reprints from AF15 to Amazing Spider-Man #1 and on wards).

By the way if ever you are looking for another sure thing don't forget Hulk #1!!

Edited by Hulk1962

I just purchased my first AF15 from Bunky Brian who is here on the forum and has bunkybrothers.com. I Bumped into him at Silicon Valley Comicon where my brother bought a HOS92 from him and we started talking about a 3.0 AF15 he had. It was the first time I actually held one in my hands and I was shaking and choked up when I walked away. After I left I couldn't stop thinking about it and after talking with the wife and giving her the full online GPA analysis she was onboard. After that Brian and I had some calls, texts, videos and pictures I just went out today and met him to pick it up and could not be happier.

Great story, great seller, great book and great wife ! :applause:

-J.

Think about it you now own one of the top 3 most important comic books ever produced (the others being Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #27.....the 1st being the 1st appearance of Superman and the later of the two being Batman's 1st appearance....I wrote this just in case your wife is reading this and does not know these 2 Golden Age books)!! That is pretty darn cool!! Tell your wife comic books have a global reach as far as the market goes unlike a lot of other types of collectibles (for example baseball cards tend to be more of a U.S market....so if ever something should happen to the U.S financial markets you will still have a HUGE market wanting a AF15....and most important able to pay for it). You and your wife made a smart move buying a AF15!!

Edited by Hulk1962

Great story, great seller, great book and great wife ! :applause:

-J.

Brian is a great guy. I've sold a few af15s the last few years to him.

Congrats very nice looking CGC 3.0....your wife will be a happy camper in the long run as she sees this comic keep growing and growing in value (there really is no end in sight for continued growth when it comes to AF15)!! Wait till you watch movies now with Spidey in them you will get even more of a thrill. By the way Spidey will be in the up coming Captain America Movie and will then join the Avengers. That is a lot to look forward to....no negatives when being a AF15 club member!!

If you really want to have some fun now that you have this book start buying the Marvel Masterworks of Spider-Man (reprints from AF15 to Amazing Spider-Man #1 and on wards).

By the way if ever you are looking for another sure thing don't forget Hulk #1!!

Think about it you now own one of the top 3 most important comic books ever produced (the others being Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #27.....the 1st being the 1st appearance of Superman and the later of the two being Batman's 1st appearance....I wrote this just in case your wife is reading this and does not know these 2 Golden Age books)!! That is pretty darn cool!! Tell your wife comic books have a global reach as far as the market goes unlike a lot of other types of collectibles (for example baseball cards tend to be more of a U.S market....so if ever something should happen to the U.S financial markets you will still have a HUGE market wanting a AF15....and most important able to pay for it). You and your wife made a smart move buying a AF15!!

Everytime I read one of your posts I am reminded of a middle-school newspaper where the junior journalists repost anything they can find on Google and restate the well known obvious "facts" over and over.

Every one of your posts read like: "hey, and then !"

Do your parents know you are using the internet unsupervised?

:makepoint:

This thread is awesome! Thanks so much for the support everyone. When I first joined this was the first thread I followed hoping to be a part of it. The journey itself was a long time in the making but once the wife was onboard and the funds were available somehow things fell into place rather quickly. For me I love collecting many different books but mainly silver and bronze but I took about 10 years off and now I'm back with a passion. The game has definitely changed with the success of comics and Hollywood but I feel like these books are finally getting the respect that they deserve and for me nothing has ever pulled on my like an AF15. Every aspect of it starting with the storyline based upon responsibility to your fellow man and true character realism. On top of that having some of the best artists in the industry lovingly take on Spider-Man over the years and I am always blown away by the cover and the cover story. I think it was true genius that Stan Lee swapped out Ditko's cover for Kirby's cover and I don't think the book would have ever had the same draw without that happening. This AF15 was the first one I ever held and within an hour of holding this book I was 10 feet away from Stan Lee waving and yelling out to him my praises and gratitude. It has been a surreal incredible journey and it keeps getting better and to have a place to share this is the icing on the cake.

Thanks again!

AJ

E3EED654-8092-436C-9CD3-226F064ABA01_zpsj83chtii.jpg

I love hearing stories like this.

Congratulations

What do you guys think?

sadg_copy.jpg

Wow!!

I'm pretty sure I owned this gem once.

White pages and a white back cover to boot.

I busted it open. It's the scanned book below my id. Congrats!