• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Very nice 9.0. Back cover has some tanning & light soiling.

It's nice. Just don't understand why they don't CGC'ed it. ;)

Looks to me those in the market for a bargain minty copy have found their book.

BTW I know Borock is grader over there and he used to be the toast of the town back in the day when he was primary grader here but his rep has taken quite a hit on these boards. I personally bought a 6.0 i was very happy with recently.

Has the grading by and large really been that loose over there or are books getting under GPA mostly due to lack of name recognition? Been out of the loop so a brief update on the situation would be appreciated if anyone has the time.

BTW I know Borock is grader over there and he used to be the toast of the town back in the day when he was primary grader here but his rep has taken quite a hit on these boards. I personally bought a 6.0 i was very happy with recently.

Has the grading by and large really been that loose over there or are books getting under GPA mostly due to lack of name recognition? Been out of the loop so a brief update on the situation would be appreciated if anyone has the time.

Depends on who you ask but I think they're a half grade looser in general then CGC.

The market for CGC books tends to perform better than the other company in the same grades (if same structurally too). CGC has been more stricter lately which makes the other company grades to be a bit softer.

Depends on who you ask but I think they're a half grade looser in general then CGC.

I would say they are generally at least a half grade looser. I've probably resubmitted about 10 CBCS books to CGC, some were pressed before being resubmitted, some weren't. None came back higher; a couple came back the same; the rest came back lower. Small sample, but make of it what you will.

Eyeballing a lot of other CBCS books, I can't think of any that struck me as undergraded, but quite a few have struck me as overgraded.

Seems like overgrading may be part of their business plan. (shrug)

Very nice 9.0. Back cover has some tanning & light soiling. [/

]

The market for CGC books tends to perform better than the other company in the same grades (if same structurally too). CGC has been more stricter lately which makes the other company grades to be a bit softer.

Well then maybe its a good thing. in the past the only other company was so disreputable CGC had a monopoly. Now with a legit competitor CGC has to be top notch to win in the long haul.

I would say they are generally at least a half grade looser. I've probably resubmitted about 10 CBCS books to CGC, some were pressed before being resubmitted, some weren't. None came back higher; a couple came back the same; the rest came back lower. Small sample, but make of it what you will.

Eyeballing a lot of other CBCS books, I can't think of any that struck me as undergraded, but quite a few have struck me as overgraded.

noted - thanks

To be fair, each company(as well as each person) has their own standards. Which, of course, we mere mortals are not privy to :mad: )

I wonder if there is a large crease you can't see in the photos. Or some kind of staining. Because the photos make the book seem like an incredible 7.0.

It would be interesting to see the grader's notes.

It's at $55k. Pretty strong price considering the unclear scan. Old label?

Edited by SpiderTurtle

I wonder if there is a large crease you can't see in the photos. Or some kind of staining. Because the photos make the book seem like an incredible 7.0.

It would be interesting to see the grader's notes.

It's at $55k. Pretty strong price considering the unclear scan. Old label?

That should make someone very happy :baiting::whee:

I still can't decide whether it's cool or not! (spidey in the trailer)

They finally used a proper Spider-man costume and you can't decide if it's cool or not?

Oh it's cool alright! They finally got it right, Part Electric Company and part Ditko. The eyes friggin change shape with expression like the comics ! No one has got this right yet IMO--Nicholas Hammond's, Toby's, or Garfield's. This is it!!!!!!!!! The voice is icing on the cake