• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Curious to see what this 7.0 will sell for. Be nice if the front cover had a better scan. I cant even put in an offer since its been counter offfered everytime i checked on it

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=662495

The back cover photo makes the book look pretty solid. But it looks like the front cover pic was shot in the dark by candlelight. Seems like an odd or calculated choice.

At $60k with front cover fuzzy? Wow

I am surprised cc would allow a fuzzy scan on a high dollar book. Scheme by seller to see current market value? Or did a buddy bid up the price. Odd at best

Same can be said about some of the images posted by ComicLink. Most of the time when this happens it is because the book is still with the seller and he or she sent in those images. I have noticed this over time and when ComicLink has the book in hand the images are much nicer and most of the time you get a front and back images of the book.

That is what I really like about Heritage Auctions they seem to always have the books on hand. I remember when I purchased my BB28 the images sucked on their site and I called them and asked to have new images sent to me and within a few hours I received much clearer scans (this is what made me buy it I would have passed on it with the older images for sure).

Edited by Hulk1962

Same can be said about some of the images posted by ComicLink. Most of the time when this happens it is because the book is still with the seller and he or she sent in those images. I have noticed this over time and when ComicLink has the book in hand the images are much nicer and most of the time you get a front and back images of the book.

Yeah i get that part. But if i were cc or cl i would not allow these listing until a better scan is avaiable. Quality control

Not everyone can be pushed around (sellers)....some sellers are certain that they sent in nice images or they do not have the proper equipment to take nice clear images (or whatever other reasons they may have). And some sellers simply do not care and figure the book will sell anyway.

Edited by Hulk1962

SC #4 from a professional standpoint will never!!! Ever surpass a AF 15.. Flash has had his first appearance from the golden age but Showcase 4 is just reintroducing him in the silver age. Spidernan is the 3rd most popular character to ever be created. Don't need to say more

wow, that AF15 7.0 is ... Amazing. Probably not for sale? ;)

If you are referring to the AF15 7.0 OW/W, that's the same book you passed on ???? (shrug)

I'm glad it was available, many thanks to you bomber-bob for pointing me in the right direction. (thumbs u

Yes, it went to a good home. Long before you contacted me, I responded to Elmer's WTB and hooked him up with this book. I was very surprised he passed. I saw the book in person, it was gorgeous. Since the owner was not actively trying to sell it, it was still available when you contacted me. I guess things happen for a reason.