• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

It did sell the minimum 150K :wink:

13 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

13 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Your copy is unique peewee22 and the providence premium. :cloud9:

Thanks. Seems like premium prices for anything above 6.0 is being paid. :hi:

Edited by peewee22

4 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:
4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I think I predicted around $150k for it.  Eh close enough ;) ..  About where an 8.5 should be.

Agreed!!

Really..........then where were you two guys last August when this exact same 8.5 already graded copy sold for exactly half of this dollar amount at only $77,675?  :baiting:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

And the auction has started on the AF15 CGC 9.0 on ComicConnect.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=701480

That's rather strange............I thought bidding on the upcoming CC Event Auction was not scheduled to start until next week on February 27th.  ???

Still haven't receive my usual email message yet from them notifying me that bidding for their auction is now open.  Oh, well.  (shrug)

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Really..........then where were you two guys last August when this exact same 8.5 already graded copy sold for exactly half of this dollar amount at only $77,675?  :baiting:

Was it in a different label other than CGC?  If so, that may be why or perhaps it was the wrong season to sell a big book or because it was in a different label, bidders overlook it.  So many variables.  With 7.5 copies selling for around that price now, I can't see another Af 15 in 8.5 condition sell for that low.  Lucky and a terrific buy for the buyer to purchase that book at that time.  The market can swing here and there in short notice, AF #15's are on the up and up again.  

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

That's rather strange............I thought bidding on the upcoming CC Event Auction was not scheduled to start until next week on February 27th.  ???

Still haven't receive my usual email message yet from them notifying me that bidding for their auction is now open.  Oh, well.  (shrug)

Would be interesting to watch after what the 8.5 sold for previously.  I'm predicting this copy will end between $200-$225k.

3 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:
5 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I'm thinking it will go for around $240k.

-J.

I will say 275 000$ to 300 000$.

Makes me wonder what Jon Berk's copy will grade out at, and if it's possible that he might even have more than one HG copy of AF 15 to boot. 

3 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

I will say 275 000$ to 300 000$.

I'd think closer to $300k with an 8.5 at $150k, the 9.2 that just sold for $460k.  This book was graded 12/09/2016 which was during some of the tightest grading I've seen come out of CGC, including page quality.  Maybe collectors spending $300k on a book don't take those things into account but I would think its important to know its a very solid 9.0.  There's almost a sense of urgency among the buyers of these books so who knows, it may get into the $325k range. 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Makes me wonder what Jon Berk's copy will grade out at, and if it's possible that he might even have more than one HG copy of AF 15 to boot. 

40 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I'd think closer to $300k with an 8.5 at $150k, the 9.2 that just sold for $460k.  This book was graded 12/09/2016 which was during some of the tightest grading I've seen come out of CGC, including page quality.  Maybe collectors spending $300k on a book don't take those things into account but I would think its important to know its a very solid 9.0.  There's almost a sense of urgency among the buyers of these books so who knows, it may get into the $325k range. 

Maybe they should really slow down a bit and take a look at all of the possible alternatives that will be coming to market soon.

Especially in light of the fact that Berk's complete SA Marvel collection, including all of the keys, will be hitting the auction blocks in the not too distant future.  hm