• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I'd think closer to $300k with an 8.5 at $150k, the 9.2 that just sold for $460k.  This book was graded 12/09/2016 which was during some of the tightest grading I've seen come out of CGC, including page quality.  Maybe collectors spending $300k on a book don't take those things into account but I would think its important to know its a very solid 9.0.  There's almost a sense of urgency among the buyers of these books so who knows, it may get into the $325k range. 

It is a gorgeous 9.0 that is for sure!!

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Welp, the Voldy AF 15 9.0 sold for $240,222..  J-Dog was the closest at $240k. I think it would have sold for more in a CGC slab.

An 8.5 just went for $155 and the 9.2 @ $450 must have been an outlier since a 9.4 went for $450 just a few months earlier.

How much more should a 9.0 have gone for? Before the $450K 9.2 sale I'd have put the 9.0 right at $250K

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

An 8.5 just went for $155 and the 9.2 @ $450 must have been an outlier since a 9.4 went for $450 just a few months earlier.

How much more should a 9.0 have gone for? Before the $450K 9.2 sale I'd have put the 9.0 right at $250K

I'd say close to the $240k.  Maybe around $250k-$275k?  I just think that books in CGC slabs sell for more than ones in a voldy slab. Something I don't quite understand.

On 2/28/2017 at 8:38 PM, cheta42 said:

CGC 5.0 with good page quality, I think its clear those chips are more of a detriment to buyers than CGC is treating them as. One chip I think gets a pass from buyers but when its running up the side or in multiple spots I think buyers are basically treating them like something between the listed grade and .5 below it. Its odd cause I don't know how the graders can fix it since they graded 100's with chipping and didn't take off as much for it as the buyers seem to.

21 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

CGC 5.0 with good page quality, I think its clear those chips are more of a detriment to buyers than CGC is treating them as. One chip I think gets a pass from buyers but when its running up the side or in multiple spots I think buyers are basically treating them like something between the listed grade and .5 below it. Its odd cause I don't know how the graders can fix it since they graded 100's with chipping and didn't take off as much for it as the buyers seem to.

That book has chipping along the top as well as the side.  Pretty easy to see why it sold for what it did.  

-J.