• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Here's a good test to see how much MC affects a price in this period of AF 15 mania. Sparkle City has a very nice 6.0 up on eBay now - item 382018222798.  I'm on my phone and am unable to copy and paste the link so hopefully someone will do it.

12 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Here's a good test to see how much MC affects a price in this period of AF 15 mania. Sparkle City has a very nice 6.0 up on eBay now - item 382018222798.  I'm on my phone and am unable to copy and paste the link so hopefully someone will do it.

1.jpg

Edited by peewee22

1 minute ago, Spiderturtle said:

It's gonna go for a record price for mc copy is my prediction.  Sparkle city always seem to get strong prices for af15s.  Good scan perhaps?

They always have crystal clear scans. Wish I knew what scanner and settings they use.

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

1.jpg

Very nice looking CGC 6.0 (the red is very nice and bright) the chipping is not even that bad. If I did not own my copy of AF15 this 6.0 would be warmly welcomed into my collection.

The back of the book looks nice as well except for the top corner that looks a little ''dirty'' overall it's a solid looking back.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

53 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
59 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

That chipping is very minor.  

That book will do well.  

-J.

+1

So, CGC grades these books as if there are no chips at all.

They don't pay any attention at all to the edges of the book with all of its obvious defects and simply assumes perfect edges by mentally filling in the chips when they grade the book.

This is 100% totally :facepalm:  :screwy: from a grading point of view

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:
2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

1.jpg

Edited 2 hours ago by peewee22

So, is everybody really saying that chewed up AF 15 is a superior copy to this lower graded copy of AF 15:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=700363&title=AMAZINGFANTASY

I don't see any difference at all between mouse chew and this so-called Marvel chipping, yet it seems that CGC downgrades severely for the former and ignores the latter, when they both produce the same visual eye penetrating defects on a book.  :screwy:

What an absolute joke and travesty this is in terms of being a "properly graded" book.  :facepalm:  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

So, is everybody really saying that chewed up AF 15 is a superior copy to this lower graded copy of AF 15:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=700363&title=AMAZINGFANTASY

I don't see any difference at all between mouse chew and this so-called Marvel chipping, yet it seems that CGC downgrades severely for the former and ignores the latter, when they both produce the same visual eye penetrating defects on a book.  :screwy:

What an absolute joke and travesty this is in terms of being a "properly graded" book.  :facepalm:  :censored:

I would take a no mc at lower grade vs a mc higher grade all day long.  But sparkle city will get a strong price on this copy.  If this same copy went to auction elsewhere with a bad scan it would go lower

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I would take a no mc at lower grade vs a mc higher grade all day long.  But sparkle city will get a strong price on this copy.  If this same copy went to auction elsewhere with a bad scan it would go lower

5 hours ago, tv horror said:

This might seem a bit off topic but is there a reprint featuring the complete AF15, I have the Marvel tales issue and as I can not afford an original I would settle for a nice reprint featuring the original cover. Thanks for any replies. 

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I can't recommend enough the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol.1. Its a very nice hardcover edition featuring AF15 and all the other Lee / Ditko issues. It features the complete stories including the fan letters in 1088 pages, its huge. This is the book that introduced me to those awesome stories. You can find it on-line for about $100 and its worth every cent.

http://marvel.com/comics/collection/6332/amazing_spider-man_omnibus_vol_1_hardcover

5 hours ago, tv horror said:

This might seem a bit off topic but is there a reprint featuring the complete AF15, I have the Marvel tales issue and as I can not afford an original I would settle for a nice reprint featuring the original cover. Thanks for any replies. 

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I can't recommend enough the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol.1. Its a very nice hardcover edition featuring AF15 and all the other Lee / Ditko issues. It features the complete stories including the fan letters in 1088 pages, its huge. This is the book that introduced me to those awesome stories. You can find it on-line for about $100 and its worth every cent.

http://marvel.com/comics/collection/6332/amazing_spider-man_omnibus_vol_1_hardcover