• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, drbanner said:

We dare to dream!  :wishluck:

Well I started a new thread based on values realized at auction. So for those that like both sides of the hobby please fell free to post there.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

2 hours ago, fishbone said:

I think the members of this club are just a bit more excited being members given the latest insane sale of $57K

Back to the financials for a few seconds here.  (tsk)  lol

Do you think this so-called "insane sale" at $57K is representative of the new normal for mid-grade AF 15's or can it simply be considered as an outlier, relative to current Price Per Point trending on this particular book?  (shrug)

Just wondering since we just saw a couple of astounding sales results for 2 relatively lower graded copies of early Detective's in the GA Forum, albeit they certainly presented far nicer than their assigned grades.  Is this the newest strategy for getting top dollars on your books now?  hm  :idea:

Don't you know it's not okay to talk about prices in the SA section it's only OK in the GA section and every other section for that matter.....but just not in the SA section did nbody send you that so very important memo...lolll!!

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Back to the financials for a few seconds here.  (tsk)  lol

Do you think this so-called "insane sale" at $57K is representative of the new normal for mid-grade AF 15's or can it simply be considered as an outlier, relative to current Price Per Point trending on this particular book?  (shrug)

Just wondering since we just saw a couple of astounding sales results for 2 relatively lower graded copies of early Detective's in the GA Forum, albeit they certainly presented far nicer than their assigned grades.  Is this the newest strategy for getting top dollars on your books now?  hm  :idea:

The one thing I don't understand, if we go with the theory that a Grail book can sell for a crazier-than-normal price because the buyer feels it's upgradeable (is that a word?)  

is this:

Why wouldn't the seller - the seller - make sure he maximizes on the sale by getting the upgrades done himself. I for one, if I sell at all, will always send my book to Matt Nelson and make sure he analyzes it as an expert and does whatever he can to it to maximize it for me. Why would someone not be in tune with this when selling high-end books? Seems way too risky for ROI to not do something like this.

BTW I love my AF15's, would never sell them if I had a say in it.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Are you saying my CGC 6.5 is worth 30% less?

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 6.5 Front.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 6.5 Back.jpg

There's some large pre-chipping but it's only got 3 actual chips out, one at the top and two on the right. The bigger problem is the pre-chip on the top right tip that looks like it's about to come away.

If you sold it on the basis of this scan and that tip came away after being tossed around in shipping you could have an issue.

Edited by r100comics

12 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Don't you know it's not okay to talk about prices in the SA section it's only OK in the GA section and every other section for that matter.....but just not in the SA section did nbody send you that so very important memo...lolll!!

It's not talking about prices that people complain about.

It's that (you primarily) only talk about prices, you throw out over inflated values withyour guesses (because you are emotionally invested in the value of your books), and theories about why the book should be worth more.  It's like  you are the Mitch Mhedy of the SA forum (Mitch did a lot of the same in the GA forum and people started ignoring him).

Do you ever talk about Spider-man #2 or artwork or story lines? If you do I haven't read it.

If I go search your posts in this forum for the last few months, I'd be willing to bet that most of your posts are about how valuable books are or should be. And THAT is what bothers people who are complaining.

I loved the hobby more when the hobby wasn't as much about investment and moreso just wondering how I could afford certain books.

If you don't get why people are reacting the way they do then n o worries. People will continue to judge you for the way you "enjoy" the hobby.

Edited by VintageComics

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

It's not talking about prices that people complain about.

It's that (you primarily) only talk about prices, you throw out over inflated values withyour guesses (because you are emotionally invested in the value of your books), and theories about why the book should be worth more.  It's like  you are the Mitch Mhedy of the SA forum (Mitch did a lot of the same in the GA forum and people started ignoring him).

Do you ever talk about Spider-man #2 or artwork or story lines? If you do I haven't read it.

If I go search your posts in this forum for the last few months, I'd be willing to bet that most of your posts are about how valuable books are or should be. And THAT is what bothers people who are complaining.

I loved the hobby more when the hobby wasn't as much about investment and moreso just wondering how I could afford certain books.

If you don't get why people are reacting the way they do then n o worries. People will continue to judge you for the way you enjoy the hobby.

When it comes to SA I talk mostly about prices yes 

1 hour ago, r100comics said:

There's some large pre-chipping but it's only got 3 actual chips out, one at the top and two on the right. The bigger problem is the pre-chip on the top right tip that looks like it's about to come away.

If you sold it on the basis of this scan and that tip came away after being tossed around in shipping you could have an issue.

I have seen CGC 7.0's and 7.5's without the corner and they sold just fine.

2 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

When it comes to SA I talk mostly about prices yes 

I have seen CGC 7.0's and 7.5's without the corner and they sold just fine.

All I meant was that if someone buys it with the corner and it turns up without one then you could have an issue.

I wouldn't normally discuss someone's book but you did solicit opinions.

When I will sell it will be threw the major auction house of that specific time and they can worry about that part. In the end it's a 6.5 so like all mid grade books it's not perfect. Based on the CGC grader's notes my book has no issues on the inside or the back cover just what you see on the front cover.

I received 2 serious offers for my book threw PM's one for 62 500$ the other for a little more. I refused both I will keep my book like most said here it looks like a 7.0.

I was thinking about this yesterday evening in the end my niece will be getting all of my and my brother's books we both have careers with pensions so we will truly not need all that extra luxury at 60 or 65 years old. Both he and I agreed it would be best for her to sell them buy a house and pay it off and just go to work without all that financial stress so she can just enjoy her life. So all of this will be for her in the end and I am more than OK with that. She is a good kid as long as she stays that way later in life then she will get them.

So....! I may be a bit off topic, but: since I read AF15 I was really impressed by the way Steve Ditko fitted so much story in so few pages. Literally every panel adds something important to the story and to the building of the character. I wonder which panel do you guys consider as your favourite or the most important or the coolest? 

For my part it is definitely the one I use as my avatar icon: the strongest emotionally panel in the story and the one that sets up the ground for the development of Peter´s character in all the future issues. 

15.jpg

44 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

I received 2 serious offers for my book threw PM's one for 62 500$ the other for a little more. I refused both I will keep my book like most said here it looks like a 7.0.

I think you're looking too much into the value of your book and missing the better parts. Nice spine, clean grays, clean back cover, meets all the specs for a very nice AF15. Quit worrying about the value and enjoy it's beauty. I know alot of fellow collectors who would love a book like that. Worth 30% "with or without" is pure speculation. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, peewee22 said:

I think you're looking too much into the value of your book and missing the better parts. Nice spine, clean grays, clean back cover, meets all the specs for a very nice AF15. Quit worrying about the value and enjoy it's beauty. I know alot of fellow collectors who would love a book like that. Worth 30% "with or without" is pure speculation. (thumbsu

Thanks. I spoke to G.A.tor yesterday he said it would most likely fetch 10% lower than a perfect looking 6.5 and I am more than fine with that. I love Spidey so does my brother and most importantly to us so does my little niece. It gives us something hopefully we can grow older and still have in common.....makes conversations a lot easier and fun.

8 minutes ago, SECollector said:

So....! I may be a bit off topic, but: since I read AF15 I was really impressed by the way Steve Ditko fitted so much story in so few pages. Literally every panel adds something important to the story and to the building of the character. I wonder which panel do you guys consider as your favourite or the most important or the coolest? 

For my part it is definitely the one I use as my avatar icon: the strongest emotionally panel in the story and the one that sets up the ground for the development of Peter´s character in all the future issues. 

15.jpg

Hard to beat this one. Classic Ditko skinny frail Spidey look.

1.jpg

7 minutes ago, SECollector said:

15.jpg

I know this is AF 15 BUT the Ditko frame that gets me is from Strange Tales 110 where Dr Strange is in his apartment in NYC freaking out and the rain is dripping down the window.

sorry

My little is coming over this evening and we will be watching The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (she loved the 1st one) together I truly enjoy these kind of moments. She has 1000 questions during the movie but that is more than fine by me. She is just so happy watching it.

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I know this is AF 15 BUT the Ditko frame that gets me is from Strange Tales 110 where Dr Strange is in his apartment in NYC freaking out and the rain is dripping down the window.

sorry

This one, right? Its awesome. I need to get a Strange Tales 110 :wink:

drstrange-banner.jpg

I'm feeling very sad reading one of my favorite threads. I used to look forward to reading new posts here and now I find myself cringing. Not sure I need to know who is watching what movie with their niece or who will leave what to who. I'm pretty sure these "important" details would be better suited in the journal section.