• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

I thought it was pretty clear from the NM Pacific Coast copy of JIM #90 with extensive pre-chipping that sits in a CGC 7.0 slab.

I know but it does not seem clear for some. CGC does take into account Marvel Chipping it's as simple as that we have proof they do with my copy of AF15 and the books shown above.

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

I remember when 5.0s were 10k and asking if theres a chance it could be a $20k book.  A few boardies answered said no b/c too much supply.  

I can go on and on about the naysayers regarding this book but what for AF15 speaks for itself!!

43 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Agreed prices are going to continue to rise and it's better to get into the ''game'' sooner than later.....of course if you have the choice buy the nicest looking copy you can come by and can afford.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but there have been times I have looked at the GPA of a book (key books and no I can't give you an example right now cause I'm at work and on my phone) and the book(s) had taken a big hit.  Saying "prices are going to continue to rise" no ifs-and-or-buts sounds like something Bernie Madoff would say.  And theses were key books. Not trying to give you a hard time and all. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but there have been times I have looked at the GPA of a book (key books and no I can't give you an example right now cause I'm at work and on my phone) and the book(s) had taken a big hit.  Saying "prices are going to continue to rise" no ifs-and-or-buts sounds like something Bernie Madoff would say.  And theses were key books. Not trying to give you a hard time and all. 

I doubt AF15 falls into that type of category of books....neither does AC1 or TEC27. Eventually Hulk 1 and SC4 will join the club.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

2 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

I doubt AF15 falls into that type of category of books....neither does AC1 or TEC27. Eventually Hulk 1 and SC4 will join the club.

Maybe. ?? (shrug)

Has anyone ever said, "I really lost my shirt on that Tec27."

I have no idea what the future holds .

Maybe that money laundering police officer in Texas bought all the recent AF15s this year and he didn't care about what he paid cause he was laundering money

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

I remember when 5.0s were 10k and asking if theres a chance it could be a $20k book.  A few boardies answered said no b/c too much supply.  

And these are probably the same people who didn't have a copy then and probably till now

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

Maybe. ?? (shrug)

Has anyone ever said, "I really lost my shirt on that Tec27."

I have no idea what the future holds .

Everything maxes out eventually but I don't see AF15 even near that yet. Could take many years before we see that happen. But even then it might continue to slowly grow over time same for AC1 and TEC27 (Maybe Hulk 1 and a few others as well).

29 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

And these are probably the same people who didn't have a copy then and probably till now

The well rounded collectors should have both 'rare golden age' and 'less rare silver age.  But i've seen golden age fans talk down on silver age books alot here on the boards due to lack of scarcity of silver age books.  All irrelevant, cause ive been yelling and screaming that only thing that matters is supply vs demand

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Any guesses on where this 6.0 ends up ?

The ever so slight marvel chipping aside (it does not impact the "eye appeal" in the least IMO), the colours are bright and the cover is very clean and well centered.  

I'll say $55k-$60k.

-J.

That was my exact thoughts 55k to 60k.

I'm confused. What 6.0? The restored one? There is a 7.5 and a 5.5 ( i think)  unrestored coming up for auction  on CC or CL ? There's too many of em. I think someone found a gang of em maybe in some old newsstand distributors house and the auction houses are WISELY leaking them slowly out.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's bust time. I predict the 7.5 will go for 50k or less

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I'm confused. What 6.0? The restored one? There is a 7.5 and a 5.5 ( i think)  unrestored coming up for auction  on CC or CL ? There's too many of em. I think someone found a gang of em maybe in some old newsstand distributors house and the auction houses are WISELY leaking them slowly out.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's bust time. I predict the 7.5 will go for 50k or less

The CGC 6.0 up on Ebay right now.

Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-6-0-HOLY-GRAIL-KEY-1st-app-Spider-Man-Ditko-Lee-Marvel-/382018222798?hash=item58f20f7ace&rmvSB=true

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Never going to happen (I wish I could buy a CGC 7.5 for less than 50k....those days are gone). The 6.5 will go for about 65k to 70k.....and that 7.5 will be 100k or so.

Links (CGC 5.0 + 6.5 + 7.5):

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=719272

&

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=719273

&

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=694331

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I'm calling it: everything is cyclical. The downward trend begins. It's gonna happen. Too much product. The 7.5 unrestored that goes for auction on CC in early April ending in early may goes for 50 - 55k.  

Hahahaha wish I had the good stuff you are smoking would be one heck of a ride to leave reality!! Yeah sure and some one will rob a bank vault and then get it for free....lol!!! Watch out the alien mother ship is landing and they are going to beam it up to Uranus!!

1.jpeg

13 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I'm calling it: everything is cyclical. The downward trend begins. It's gonna happen. Too much product. The 7.5 unrestored that goes for auction on CC in early April ending in early may goes for 50 - 55k.  

:roflmao:

-J.

9 hours ago, paul747 said:

Is this kinda thought process and behavior part of what is propping up these prices? Sure ill pay an extra 5 grand over what i would have paid cause its on credit?(zero interest credit) This creates a price vacuum. The more one guy sold a book for, the more the next guy asks (and..up and up we go!).  It is pretty clear that a lot more than comic collectors are playing with the AF #15.  This book by the day gets more and more out of wack with the guide.

I don't think it's been a factor. Low interest rates have been the norm for nearly a decade now.