• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Looks better than 7.0 to me.  I wonder what the flaws are.

The left edge of the back cover has several small tears, possibly from when the book was bound in a distributor stack.  One wouldn't think the book is upgradable.  

Eye appeal from the white page quality, lack of chipping, and the unyellowed white cover stock (making the cover colors look great) should lead to a big price for the assigned grade.

Edited by namisgr

30 minutes ago, namisgr said:
3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Looks better than 7.0 to me.  I wonder what the flaws are.

The left edge of the back cover has several small tears, possibly from when the book was bound in a distributor stack.  One wouldn't think the book is upgradable.  

Eye appeal from the white page quality, lack of chipping, and the unyellowed white cover stock (making the cover colors look great) should lead to a big price for the assigned grade.

Great looking book. Wear on all corners, top right being the worst, top edge right side, spine stress, etc.

Solid looking 7.0

The best grade AF #15 I ever owned in my personal collection was a 7.0 and it was spectacular.

It would have graded much higher but it had a staple pop that kept the grade down.

I sold it about 6 years ago for $35K to another dealer.

I thought I killed with that sale. Guess it's all relative. lol

8 hours ago, namisgr said:

The grader notes has the back cover with marvel chipoing and also pre-marvel chipping

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Killer 7.0. The best. Bought my 7.0 years ago for 27k and sold it for 32k. 

I recalled you sold the 7.0...within hours of the listing. That was a great 7.0 also.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Great looking book. Wear on all corners, top right being the worst, top edge right side, spine stress, etc.

Solid looking 7.0

The best grade AF #15 I ever owned in my personal collection was a 7.0 and it was spectacular.

It would have graded much higher but it had a staple pop that kept the grade down.

I sold it about 6 years ago for $35K to another dealer.

I thought I killed with that sale. Guess it's all relative. lol

You had a great 7.0 too. Hey, I thought I had a great price for my former two 6.0's no chip copies too.:wink:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

I'm a bit confused about the format of this CL sale. It has a BIN of $280,000 but you can bid on it? 

Yes, you can make an offer.

1 hour ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

A second 8.0 CVA this month? They must be growing on trees. lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

44 minutes ago, TeddieMercede said:

yuck. 280K. 

Bargain. Think of it this way, 5 years from now folks will be paying 1Mil for it cause the hobby will be made up mostly of millionaires. Yay.

Edited by Gotham Kid

To be fair, all of us are paying thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars for little sheets of paper held together by 2 staples. Once you accept its reasonable to pay the price of a new car for one of these bound set of folded paper, the rate of escalation and price is really just so much window dressing.

29 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Besides having an AF15 headache, I'm a bit confused about the format of this CL sale. It has a BIN of $280,000 but you can bid on it? 

I bet the owner won't accept less than the last copy that sold strong.