• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I bought fresh to the market pre-robins before and in time they will show up.

:wishluck:

Edited by Gotham Kid

31 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

cool perspective from a person that collects both af15's and pre-robin tecs

:takeit:If I can find one in the 4.0 range with some meat on the bones if I don't want to keep.

Edited by woowoo

Why does everyone hate on Robin so hard?  He's one of the most known/important characters out there?  Everyone (adults, teens, kids) knows who Robin is.  He was leader of the Titans.  Grayson became Nightwing, another important character.  

Robin was the center of one of the most well known stories in the Bats mythos.  And then he came back as a new nemesis.

What gives?

On 6/6/2017 at 4:30 PM, chrisco37 said:

Why does everyone hate on Robin so hard?  He's one of the most known/important characters out there?  Everyone (adults, teens, kids) knows who Robin is.  He was leader of the Titans.  Grayson became Nightwing, another important character.  

Robin was the center of one of the most well known stories in the Bats mythos.  And then he came back as a new nemesis.

What gives?

Many people who collect "Pre Robins" don't hate Robin books.  It's just it's own thing, a mini run of pure awesome that's 99% unattainable.  Of the 11, the 7 that have Batman on the cover are rare, addicting, and stupid expensive.   Dare I say they're even more competitive to collect than AF#15. 

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Would have thought the new copy listed on ComicLink as a 8.0 CVA would have sold by now. Nay an offer.

It took at least 2 to tango last time.

Yeah, and those crazy CC auction prices a few months back for mid-grade copies haven't been repeated either. I'm guessing we've seen Peak-AF15, and values moving forward will follow the same dynamic as Hulk 1 values the last few years (stagnant).

18 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Yeah, and those crazy CC auction prices a few months back for mid-grade copies haven't been repeated either. I'm guessing we've seen Peak-AF15, and values moving forward will follow the same dynamic as Hulk 1 values the last few years (stagnant).

Fiction.   They were not only repeated but exceeded (in the last comiclink auction, no less).

-J.

6 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Fiction.   They were not only repeated but exceeded (in the last comiclink auction, no less).

-J.

Yeah, I think 260k for an 8.0 and 53k for a 5.0 are more proof of higher prices.  Nothing "stagnant" happening with AF15 anytime soon.

46 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

1 hour ago, drbanner said:

Yeah, and those crazy CC auction prices a few months back for mid-grade copies haven't been repeated either. I'm guessing we've seen Peak-AF15, and values moving forward will follow the same dynamic as Hulk 1 values the last few years (stagnant).

-J.

The AF 15 data on the left in the graphic below includes grades from 3.5 to 6.0 and has a couple of the Peak-AF 15 prices, it doesn't include "those crazy CC auction prices" (which I guess Metro will eventually report to GPA) and of course doesn't include the Clink prices since they don't report. The data on the right show Peak-Hulk1 occurring about 2 years ago before prices stagnated. I'll revisit this in six months and we'll see if the AF15 graphic continues to look like it does now...or more like the Hulk 1 data. (thumbsu

Hulk1_AF15_35_60_June%209_zpsmqmwklkm.jp

Edited by drbanner