• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

And if they were super smart, they never should have done a simple dump of what was sitting in their inventory waiting to go to auction.

Now, many of the potential bidders already knows about the other 3 copies or 4 copies of the AF 15 in the same CGC 4.0 grade that will most likely be available to them in future upcoming auctions.  doh!

I doubt even a fraction of bidders saw that. I didn't for one. 

So, Bob sold my AF15  5.0 yesterday and has a deposit.  . So much for a mid range stall. It will never be on GPA.

Thanks Bob, You know your stuff. It does make one question whether auctioning is actually a good idea. 

Edited by Glassman10

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

So, Bob sold my AF15  5.0 yesterday and has a deposit.  50K. So much for a mid range stall. It will never be on GPA.

Thanks Bob, You know your stuff. It does make one question whether auctioning is actually a good idea. 

Congrats Glassman, Bob Storm and Buyer!!? Beautiful book!

Glassman your son will be forever grateful. ( I believe AF15 sale was going to downpayment for your son's house. )

curious  Mr Glassman : what else was in that school bus in the junkyard besides the box of comics?

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

So, Bob sold my AF15  5.0 yesterday and has a deposit.  50K. So much for a mid range stall. It will never be on GPA.

I know Greg Reece reports his sales to GPA, is there a way Highgradecomics can as well? Or is there a process to go through

Hello,

here´s a comic book art collector from the old continent, btw, have you heard that comic book original art collectors are eating printed material as breakfast... Once I found so funny label for a Malbec, thought that it would taste better if having matching comic book to enjoy with it...
Then more AF 15 market related notes; this discussion forum offers nice entertainment but a bit more analysis based on facts would be nice to read a bit more often.
I was just looking that during last 40 days there has been CGC-graded 35 pcs new AF 15. That is quite a speed indeed! Why do I have a feeling this is like bitcoin, there is certain max numbers, continuously new ones graded and capsuled and strong believe those magic beans are as good as bulbs of tulips was in the past. And I am now among you part of this (bubble) !! ;-))
Also worth to note that in Aug 16th CGC listed 7 pcs restored 9.4 but on Sept 27th only 6 pcs, as total. - What happened? And amount of raw 9.0 increased from 8 to 9 at the same time. Was restoration removed, or the comic book sent to another grading company?

IMG_3152.jpg

11 minutes ago, aFinnishcollector said:

Also worth to note that in Aug 16th CGC listed 7 pcs restored 9.4 but on Sept 27th only 6 pcs, as total. - What happened? And amount of raw 9.0 increased from 8 to 9 at the same time. Was restoration removed, or the comic book sent to another grading company?

I don't think sending a book to the other company would change the census. How would CGC even know ? I think your second scenario is more probable.

1 hour ago, BoomCity said:

I know Greg Reece reports his sales to GPA, is there a way Highgradecomics can as well? Or is there a process to go through

Are you sure Greg reports ? Maybe with sales directly off the website but I don't recall ever seeing my convention purchases being reported.

2 minutes ago, yanksarod22 said:

Congrats on the 5.0 sale wow.....75k what a number.....I think it's time I consign my 5.5 to metropolis and get $80 or more.....just crazy numbers for nice copies.....again congrats man 

Where are you getting $75K from?  

8 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Are you sure Greg reports ? Maybe with sales directly off the website but I don't recall ever seeing my convention purchases being reported.

Not sure on convention. But I when I purchased from the site it got reported. I also confirmed with him over email. 

3 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

The way you stated the comment about 'It will never be on GPA' seems to imply you feel this is a good thing ? I don't really care but many here feel reporting sales is important. Also, if George (the 'G' in GPA) is reading this, he can now choose to report your sale, after all, you verified it.

3 hours ago, NoMan said:
4 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

Glassman your son will be forever grateful. ( I believe AF15 sale was going to downpayment for your son's house. )

+1

Yes, congrats on your big sale here and it's always good when parents help out their own children when it comes to these types of big life changing purchases such as a house or what have you. 

Very well done!!!  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The way you stated the comment about 'It will never be on GPA' seems to imply you feel this is a good thing ? I don't really care but many here feel reporting sales is important. Also, if George (the 'G' in GPA) is reading this, he can now choose to report your sale, after all, you verified it.

How can he report it.  Glassman is getting paid $50k from Bob...does that mean the book sold for $50,000?  I don't think it does.  Maybe the buyer offered Bob an AF15 2.0 + an ASM 1 + cash and it was enough to make Bob write a cheque for the rest of the amount.  (Just saying).

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

curious  Mr Glassman : what else was in that school bus in the junkyard besides the box of comics?

Well, an avengers 4 which I gave away about a month ago after I sold a man  an ASM 14 from that box which had a small piece out of the cover we both missed and I felt badly about that,. There was a premium Avengers 7, and a lot of Strange Tales, a 9.0 AM 16,  A number of JIM in not great shape, some fabulous romance comics from 1952 in which the letters to the editor were the best part, An ASM annual #1, an FF annual 1 and 3, a number of coverless books from the time period where Marvel put the data info on the inside of the front cover so I couldn't say for sure/ All in all, a big box. Do keep in mind I went there looking for a rear differential for a 1960 Dodge Power Wagon. I got it too but it actually cost $200 dollars. Bob got everything except the JIM's which I kept. 

That was the only thing of interest in the school bus that I remember.  I drilled right in to the comics, wouldn't you? I mean , who wants those Georgia O'keefe paintings any ways? 

The cat is clearly out of the bag here so deleting the actual amount it sold for can't be deleted. I did ask Bob if I could put it up on the board and he said yes but putting in the actual amount was  something I shouldn't have done. My apologies to Bob.  He certainly knows his business and I really enjoyed working with him. I'd recommend him to anyone. 

For the rest of you, thank you, you taught me an enormous amount. In December when I began to be willing to part with these 950 books, I actually suggested to my son that maybe we could get 3K for the AF15. He's the one who dug in then and opened me up to this world.  I turned down the offer for 25K for everything and then I met Bob. I miss the books, I don't miss the books. Some is just profoundly stupid. So many bad things could have happened to them in the 50 years I had them travelling in their unprotected cardboard boxes with no backer boards. I think I spent about seven hundred dollars on bgs and boards. Grading the AF15 was a moajor expense . I think of Houston an how many books have gone forever. How many fires, thefts, mice attacks?  I got really lucky. 

For the cynics who don't accept the sales numbers, I'm not surprised. Simply put, the book is in play, like it or not. 

But Bob, you're the best.