• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, yanksarod22 said:

No need to bring up the market....isn’t that all u have been talking about lol

"No need to bring up any Wall Street talk that has nothing to do with the subject at hand" <> "No need to bring up the market"

arod3.jpg.bc5f186f846aad588a041357b82d3538.jpg

I actually like seeing the different viewpoints. In either world I think that being aware of the up and the downsides is just doing your due diligence. Just talking to myself is something more out of Alice in WonderLand.

" I give myself excellent advice but I very seldom take it."

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

I don't have any clients.  Whatever it is you think I do because of Bob's bizarre caricature of me, I can tell you that it bears little resemblance to reality.  

In any case, if someone was determined to invest $200K in comic books, I would refer them to one of these guys:

Axis of Evil.jpg

I wonder how much those 2 AF15's were going for when the picture was taken? 

10 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

So I went and googled  Jason Ewert. That was an interesting rabbit hole to go down.  I recall having said something not that long ago about the risks of fraud in this "Hobby". 

Just don't google Danny Dupcak.

5 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Anyone can potentially appreciate KFC or a Lamborghini.  They are non-verbal and non-language based items.   You don't need to speak English or Italian to appreciate a Lamborghini.  You don't have to be American to like the taste of KFC.  Yes, anyone can appreciate the pictures in comics, or just the cover showing through a slab, but, even among North American buyers, the ones who drop the big $$$ are the ones who have read the stories, appreciated the artwork, gone through the experience of growing up with comics, searching for back issues, coveting the big books when they were younger, etc.  People from a different culture have none of that shared experience. 

I don't see people here clamoring to buy Chinese language-based books or other collectibles where proficiency in Mandarin is essential to understanding it - why would we expect foreigners to do differently with English language-based things?  Because the world revolves around superheroes?  Why would they gravitate to comics when there are literally millions of other things out there they could be interested in, including things they grew up with, things in their own language,  things that are more universally coveted (e.g., property, luxury goods, etc.)?  As if they don't have their own culture and haven't aspired to own other things their whole lives.  The Ameri-centric, comic-centric viewpoint expressed by some here is not only shockingly unrealistic, it's also quite parochial and provincial. 

Not single China man he says hahahaha good lord you must know all 2 billion of them personally. The world revolves around the U.S not so much anymore and that will continue to change.

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I don't understand how this somehow turned into a referendum on Wall Street, especially the bad behavior that led up to the financial crisis.  Because I said that both comics and stocks are overvalued?  I really don't see what any of that has to do with me, the valuation of stocks or comics, or the price of tea in China, frankly, any more than the Jason Ewert microtrimming scandal or any other unsavory episodes in comic dealing history have anything to do with you.  

And I have zero idea what shorting stocks or buying puts to offset risk has to do with either tanking the financial system or misleading people by selling them toxic assets.  They have about as much in common as apples and Aqua Net.  And, nobody has impugned your integrity as a dealer; the only one whose integrity seems to be in question is mine due to these continuing vagaries hinting at non-existent associations with elements of Wall Street that I never had any affiliation with or exposure to.    

Darkness imprisons me all that I see all that I live is chaos!! Are you the wolf of Wall Street by any chance hahaha!!

Edited by SC22

3 hours ago, SC22 said:

Not single China man he says hahahaha good lord you must know all 2 billion of them personally. The world revolves around the U.S not so much anymore and that will continue to change.

I understand that it may have been some time since you did your sociology master's thesis, so here is a quick refresher on statistically inferring the characteristics of a population from a smaller sample.  Much more substantive than your wishy-washy hopey-changey fantasies about the Chinese wanting to buy AF #15s. 

Inferring population mean from sample mean

14 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I understand that it may have been some time since you did your sociology master's thesis, so here is a quick refresher on statistically inferring the characteristics of a population from a smaller sample.  Much more substantive than your wishy-washy hopey-changey fantasies about the Chinese wanting to buy AF #15s. 

According to Greggy the Chinese love buying up all sorts of high end items in Vancouver. 

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

According to Greggy the Chinese love buying up all sorts of high end items in Vancouver. 

No I didn't but it's been proven your reading comprehension is suspect.

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

Blah blah blah.....Spidey will do just fine like any other major key comic book over time. I said their buying potential is likely to start in 5 to 10 years from now. Most where very young when they started watching the ''beginning'' of superhero movies 10 years ago. By the time they start working and buying stuff they enjoy it will still take about 10 years.

China is only 1 nation!!

Edited by SC22

On 10/25/2017 at 6:49 PM, greggy said:

Or do what the rich kids from wealthy Chinese families do here in Vancouver.  Drive terribly in their Ferraris, Bentleys, and other various luxury vehicles.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to misquote you.  This isn't wealthy Chinese buying expensive iconic western goods?

Just now, ThothAmon said:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to misquote you.  This isn't wealthy Chinese buying expensive iconic western goods?

Maybe you can go on a rant about entitled Canadians, as your previous post made absolutely no sense.  

Read what you wrote and what I wrote.  Try harder, dumb Yank

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

So the Chinese are buying up all the AF15's and it's affecting the stock market?  You really did it now, Greggy.  :kidaround:

Yes, I can't wait to buy my next ten. 

Just now, comicdonna said:

So the Chinese are buying up all the AF15's and it's affecting the stock market?  You really did it now, Greggy.  :kidaround:

5 -10 years from now you will most likely see a huge amount of young Asians that grew up with the movies and still follow them get into collecting the heroes they enjoy.

Just now, namisgr said:

No, but apparently some think they will in the not too distant future.  :screwy:

Man, I'm going to do so well on the ten I've just arranged to buy.