• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Arthur Cloos wife is a big wonder woman collector.  Behind most every big "Male" purchase is a wife who monitors that buying activity.  If the big spender isn't sharing with his wife it becomes the Big Divorced collection.

I've bought and sold a lot of these over the years.

Ali(ce) is probably as big of a collector as Art I’m guessing. Great couple for sure. 

I feel same way with ff and silver surfer....there days are coming soon I believe and watch out for hulk 181....if wolverine is even mentioned in an actual movie made by marvel it will double in my opinion it’s not a stale book by any means but way over due for a big bump.....that’s the new grail for those out of the af15 race

For a 5.0, I find the CL book to be unattractive. A lot of chipping, small tears in the back. The 6.5 is a nice looking book.

I speculated here earlier that I thought the AF15 was starting to pull about 10K per point but only up to a 5.0.  Once past there, it feels like 12-13K per point and once at 7.0, closer to 20K per point in this big uptick. 

I don't think I'm buying the movie pushing the book at this point. It seems to have it's own mystique for a marginally drawn comic in the first place.  It seems to simply have been in the right place at the right time and the sustained fascination of a guilt ridden  kid with spider bites just really had staying power.  I see a lot of 3.0-4.5 entering to test these waters really soon, perhaps to a point of a glut.  

If the 5.0 goes past 45K I'll be surprised.  The 6.5? Maybe 80K . That's a nice book. 

3 hours ago, yanksarod22 said:

I think book hits or breaks 100 if it had better pq even higher.....almost all grades across the board have doubled or better this shouldn’t be different 

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DAmazing%20fantasy%2015%26ItemType%3DCB%26CGC%3D%23Item_1211877&id=1211877&itemType=0

:wishluck:

And I don’t agree with price point either......5.0 sold for I think 57k this year that’s more than double and lower grades in some cases have more than doubled.....price point is close but too low.....if the 6.5 only does in the 80s it’s a steal....the 7.0s are pricing many people out and I mean most......4.0-6.0 I believe will be the heavy hitters in the next two years.....just my opinion 

we'll certainly see. I don't have an emotional investment in how it comes out. Mine's sold and gone. What I continue to find utterly lame is the CGC stance regarding chipping. Some books have it and some don't but ignoring it as a printers defect is profound.  What if CGC chose to ignore color breaks? Or rusting on staples? It would just be outrageous.

Books with chipping that's major is a real deal/  It's unfair to the standard in the industry when it's ignored. When The chip ( only one) fell off of my book, I knew it cost me a 5.5. That converts to about 5K.  

It's gone now so I can afford to be effusive about it. Chipping sucks and books should suffer the phenomenon. It's not on all books. Neither are subscription folds. 

This AF15 CGC 6.5 is closing in less than 50 minutes bidding so far is at 62 000$. Wonder what it will close at I guess we will find out soon enough.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1211877&id=1211877&itemType=0