• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

People on PQ, but I/m telling you it matters. No MC, high PQ is the key. Had that book been OW/W that's an 80k book. As it stands, its still a record price per GPA for a 6.5, but only by like 5k. I think the "I GOTTA HAVE ONE" bug is subsiding and prices are stabilizing on quality mid-range books (4.0-7.0).

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FCGCALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26Graded%3DCGC%26id%3D4552%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%23Item_1211877&id=1211877&itemType=0

The 5.0 with horrific chipping went 33k, low end of target I think.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FCGCALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26Graded%3DCGC%26id%3D4552%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%23Item_1203278&id=1203278&itemType=0

1 minute ago, zhamlau said:

People on PQ, but I/m telling you it matters. No MC, high PQ is the key. Had that book been OW/W that's an 80k book. As it stands, its still a record price per GPA for a 6.5, but only by like 5k. I think the "I GOTTA HAVE ONE" bug is subsiding and prices are stabilizing on quality mid-range books (4.0-7.0).

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FCGCALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26Graded%3DCGC%26id%3D4552%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%23Item_1211877&id=1211877&itemType=0

The 5.0 with horrific chipping went 33k, low end of target I think.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FCGCALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26Graded%3DCGC%26id%3D4552%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%23Item_1203278&id=1203278&itemType=0

PQ matters to me the only SA keys I don't mind if they have the word cream as far as PQ goes are the scarcer DC books. But even then I try to buy better PQ if it is possible at that time.

2 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

People on PQ, but I/m telling you it matters. No MC, high PQ is the key. Had that book been OW/W that's an 80k book.

what was the PQ on those record setting, headline grabbing copies ?

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
6 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

People on PQ, but I/m telling you it matters. No MC, high PQ is the key. Had that book been OW/W that's an 80k book.

what was the PQ on those record setting, headline grabbing copies ?

Let me answer that for you. The 57K 5.0 copy has C/OW pages. :makepoint:

Edited by Gotham Kid

Just now, Dark Knight said:
33 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Perhaps because there seems to be a boat load of them coming to market.

2c

This ^

Yup. They appear to become less available in the higher grades.

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Let me answer that for you. The 57K 5.0 copy has COW pages. :makepoint:

And again, that book is the anomaly that took the trend and blew it up. I think the fact it was so bight and beautiful it just pushed someone euphoric. But generally OW+ and no MC are the keys to the kingdom.

1 minute ago, zhamlau said:

And again, that book is the anomaly that took the trend and blew it up. I think the fact it was so bight and beautiful it just pushed someone euphoric. But generally OW+ and no MC are the keys to the kingdom.

Agreed that was just to much money. Like I said when a major increase happens some lose and some don't. But over time that book should fair OK.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

MC maybe. 

The "PQ" on the label does very little to squat on prices.  

-J.

I don't agree. SA books can easily be found without the ''Cream'' PQ. This is not the GA. BB28, SC4 and SC22 would be the exceptions but they are not rare like GA books for sure. Still scarcer compared to the Marvel keys.

Edited by SC22

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

MC maybe. 

The "PQ" on the label does very little to squat on prices.  

Couldn't agree more. Not on a book like AF15. Most of all the rest in SA, sure.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

Couldn't agree more. Not on a book like AF15.

Call me different, but I'd bid higher on a WP'd AF15 or any book for that matter. PQ matters to me (and many others). Buuuuuut, we've cussed and discussed this to death.

5 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Well BB28 CGC 6.0 hit a low tonight at 6450$. The time of the year seems to affect sales a lot I guess Gator was right.

Glad I sold my CGC 5.5 copy earlier this year.  Lost a few hundo, but not too bad.  I bought my 5.5 for around that price.

The CC 5.0 copy that sold for a record price had a few things going for it:

1) Tremendous high eye appeal which I think is a key factor in setting a high sale price.  

2) Old label goodness (possible pressing upgrade? I've had my luck with upgrades before one of which was a 9.2 old label to a 9.6 new label)

3) The Cream-offwhite pages on the old label can, not all the time, upgrade to a higher PQ.  Again, I've had upgrades with this when I sent in old labeled books.  

I also agree that because it's "that time of year" sort of thing where X-mas is around the corner and people are going to be spending a lot of $ on gifts, trips, etc. definitely not a good time to sell, but a great time to buy.  We'll see how the other AF 15's perform in the next few auctions coming up.