• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

FYI - my AF 15 7.0 is now with the Metro guys. Alas…I am no longer a part of this awesome club. :( But look for it in the August CC event auction! (Along with my Bat 1, 2.5 !!!)

--Racer-X

woah those are two mega keys congrats

Most definitely (worship) I've consigned a few high dollar books with CC and have always been pleased with the results. You should do fine.

+1

FYI - my AF 15 7.0 is now with the Metro guys. Alas…I am no longer a part of this awesome club. :( But look for it in the August CC event auction! (Along with my Bat 1, 2.5 !!!)

--Racer-X

Most definitely (worship) I've consigned a few high dollar books with CC and have always been pleased with the results. You should do fine.

+1

That 7.0 should hit 50k or more easily

--Racer-X

+1

If great eye appeal and structure. Yes...easily.

--Racer-X

+1

U think? There hasn't been a 50K+ sale on GPA in a few years. It looks terrific…here's the link to pic…

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5836550#Post5836550

and the Bat…

Bat1fc.jpeg

Edited by Racer-X

--Racer-X

+1

U think? There hasn't been a 50K+ sale on GPA in a few years. It looks terrific…here's the link to pic…

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5836550#Post5836550

and the Bat…

Bat1fc.jpeg

Sharp AF15..no chips. Your Bat 1 put mine to shame.

'

<a  href=batman1_zps6403fb0c.jpg' alt='batman1_zp

--Racer-X

+1

and the Bat…

Bat1fc.jpeg

Sharp AF15..no chips. Your Bat 1 put mine to shame.

'

<a  href=batman1_zps6403fb0c.jpg' alt='batman1_zp

No Bat 1 has any shame! I bow to all… (worship)

--Racer-X

+1

and the Bat…

Bat1fc.jpeg

I think both books will hit around $50k each

Edited by Dark Knight

--Racer-X

+1

and the Bat…

Bat1fc.jpeg

Wow - that would a much-needed salve for the wounds of having to sell my prized beauties…

On another topic…

Mr. Knight - seeing your hilarious post -script again made me wonder…has there ever been a thread dedicated to such comic book double-entendres? Of course I know about YOU LAUGH YOU LOSE, but what about unintentionally funny comic panes only?

What do you think my copy would go for these days??

12737142165_a65c199624_c.jpg

$3-$5k with the right buyer. :shrug:

That's just crazy...the prices on this book are insane! :screwy:

Wait a minute.... coverless AF15s are selling for $3-$5k? Is there actual evidence of this?

I see on GPA a coverless signed by Stan went for $2000 last August and a copy with the wrong back cover went for $3550 last Nov. So I'm thinking coverless are probably more in the $1300-$2000 range.

IMO, since AGGIEZ's outer wrap is really beat up I'd put this one more in the $1300-$1500 range. Still, a great copy to own!

Edited by gadzukes

--Racer-X

+1

and the Bat…

Bat1fc.jpeg

Wow - that would a much-needed salve for the wounds of having to sell my prized beauties…

On another topic…

Mr. Knight - seeing your hilarious post -script again made me wonder…has there ever been a thread dedicated to such comic book double-entendres? Of course I know about YOU LAUGH YOU LOSE, but what about unintentionally funny comic panes only?

I don't recall seeing a post dedicated to double-entendres, although that would be pretty neat to have since we need some good humor every now and then.

Wait a minute.... coverless AF15s are selling for $3-$5k? Is there actual evidence of this?

I see on GPA a coverless signed by Stan went for $2000 last August and a copy with the wrong back cover went for $3550 last Nov. So I'm thinking coverless are probably more in the $1300-$2000 range.

IMO, since AGGIEZ's outer wrap is really beat up I'd put this one more in the $1300-$1500 range. Still, a great copy to own!

I'd tend to agree with you...I'm thinking $2K. I'm considering moving it so maybe we'll find out soon enough... (shrug)

I'd tend to agree with you...I'm thinking $2K. I'm considering moving it so maybe we'll find out soon enough... (shrug)

You guys are quoting extremely old data in the world of AF 15s. It is hard to find a 1.0 for less than $6,000 right now.

Sure you could sell it for $2,000 (referencing data that is almost a year old), but an 0.5 incomplete copy sold for $4,950 in February.

If you are looking in the rear view mirror in GPA on Mega keys you are never going to own a copy and you will sell your copy for less than current FMV. Your copy has a complete story, but is just missing the cover. I wouldn't price it a dime under $3,000 (in fact I would likely list it at $4,500 and negotiate down a little when a buyer came around with a Best Offer).

FYI - you could always ask GAtor or other dealers what they would price it at as well...

You guys are quoting extremely old data in the world of AF 15s. It is hard to find a 1.0 for less than $6,000 right now.

Sure you could sell it for $2,000 (referencing data that is almost a year old), but an 0.5 incomplete copy sold for $4,950 in February.

If you are looking in the rear view mirror in GPA on Mega keys you are never going to own a copy and you will sell your copy for less than current FMV. Your copy has a complete story, but is just missing the cover. I wouldn't price it a dime under $3,000 (in fact I would likely list it at $4,500 and negotiate down a little when a buyer came around with a Best Offer).

FYI - you could always ask GAtor or other dealers what they would price it at as well...

There's two sales on comiclink right now for around $2k.

-J.

I agree that GPA data is incomplete and a trailing indicator, but it's not like the data I quoted was 2 or more years old.

The incomplete .5 you quoted at $4950 most likely had something about it that made it more valuable to the winner (I didn't see that auction so I don't know). Maybe the front cover had the appeal of a 3.0? Maybe the winner saw the book as an excellent high grade resto choice?

If AGGIEZ offers up his AF15 I hope he does well, but I would be shocked if it went over $2000.

My original question a few posts back was, "Is there any evidence of coverless AF15s selling for $3-$5k?" I'd still like to know what coverless Af15s outside of GPA have been going for.

I agree that GPA data is incomplete and a trailing indicator, but it's not like the data I quoted was 2 or more years old.

The incomplete .5 you quoted at $4950 most likely had something about it that made it more valuable to the winner (I didn't see that auction so I don't know). Maybe the front cover had the appeal of a 3.0? Maybe the winner saw the book as an excellent high grade resto choice?

If AGGIEZ offers up his AF15 I hope he does well, but I would be shocked if it went over $2000.

My original question a few posts back was, "Is there any evidence of coverless AF15s selling for $3-$5k?" I'd still like to know what coverless Af15s outside of GPA have been going for.

A couple a selling right now on ComicLink for just over $2,000 and $2,100.

I witnessed a private sale coverless go for $2,500 in March. If you look at the rising prices across the board on this book, I think it is fair to price it higher in the current market. Pricing is a bit of both an art and science (mixed with a lot of negotiation), but with mega keys like this I always set my price more aggressively to start out - you can always come down.

:shrug:

I stand by my advice, but obviously the seller can do whatever they want.

Edited by rfoiii