• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

And of course, the best copy I've owned.. Just perfect in every way including centering. I don't think I've seen a brighter AF 15 in person. Oh and white pages to boot which is quite rare

AF15CGC85.jpg

Incredible book, can't say I've ever seen a copy with that bad a case of bleed through though. :o

Amazing!!! (worship):o

I was offered that book when it was in an 8.0 holder before sparkle city resubbed and auctioned :cry:

And of course, the best copy I've owned.. Just perfect in every way including centering. I don't think I've seen a brighter AF 15 in person. Oh and white pages to boot which is quite rare

AF15CGC85.jpg

Incredible book, can't say I've ever seen a copy with that bad a case of bleed through though. :o

Amazing!!! (worship):o

I was offered that book when it was in an 8.0 holder before sparkle city resubbed and auctioned :cry:

For me, i would only sell that book if it netted me a higher af15 or a low grade tec27 or action 1. Nothing else would be worth it

Someone is going to have a great comic to add to this club.

Coming up in the May CL Auction (not mine) -

RADC72712015216_10222.jpg

This is my old copy that I bought in 1991 from John Verzyl. For those of you who know the collection, this is the Daniel Erwine copy. The 2 biggest defects on the book is the chip out of the spine & someone (before I owned it) started to erase Daniel Erwine's name from the bottom of the 1st page. They put a small hole in the paper. The book has no Marvel chips or tears at all, a real beauty as a 7.5! It looks like an 8.0 all day long.

This is my old copy that I bought in 1991 from John Verzyl. For those of you who know the collection, this is the Daniel Erwine copy. The 2 biggest defects on the book is the chip out of the spine & someone (before I owned it) started to erase Daniel Erwine's name from the bottom of the 1st page. They put a small hole in the paper. The book has no Marvel chips or tears at all, a real beauty as a 7.5! It looks like an 8.0 all day long.

Were the pages visible all along the right edge of the fc when you owned it?

Has the gray background become yellowish?

Edited by SpiderTurtle

Surely, that is the scan.

-J.

Do scanners artificially inflate the yellow values? After so much talk of yellowing, I compared pics I took of my raw copy before sending it in, versus the slabbed scan.

qnldmv.jpg

It's beat, but the colors are still pretty nice, I think.

Versus the scan of the same book slabbed:

f2n6tl.jpg

Edited by F For Fake

Yes.

Yes.

(thumbs u Thanks!

-J.

This copy sold on EBay in late 2011. The seller will do very well. Nice copy!

-J.

$20k net before fees. If its tge scan causing the yellow distortion. I would bid higher if i knew the gray background was actually still gray

Edited by SpiderTurtle

-J.

$20k net before fees

Would be if the buyer was the purchaser in 2011 and the seller now. Congrats on your new 7.0. I remember in the old AF15 club, it was discuss that it took to 6.0's to get a 7.0. But now two in 5 ers' will do it...well done.

Hey guys!

Here is my amazing fantasy 15, its only 1.0 but I'm very thrilled to finally own a copy of this book and be part of the club :)

x2mg6o.jpg

Congrats! It is great to own a copy in any grade.

Hey guys!

Here is my amazing fantasy 15, its only 1.0 but I'm very thrilled to finally own a copy of this book and be part of the club :)

x2mg6o.jpg

Congrats! It is great to own a copy in any grade.

Congratulations, and yes it certainly is. (thumbs u

-J.

Hey guys!

x2mg6o.jpg

nice comic but if your trying to hide the fact that it's from cbcs you should do the same for the signature line you have ;)

Hey guys!

x2mg6o.jpg

nice comic but if your trying to hide the fact that it's from cbcs you should do the same for the signature line you have ;)

I wasn't trying to hide anything, just wanted to zoom in and get a PIC of the book itself rather then the label.

I'm not trying to sell it so I don't think i need to hide anything. Just trying to share

But if I'm breaking a rule let me know so I can change it

Edited by rcouto