• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

Never seen one on a DC book lol

Actually, 'Marvel chipping' does happen on DC books. It's just not as common, but especially in the mid - late SA I've seen plenty of it.

Hey Roy - would like your opinion…some in this thread have estimated that both the AF15 and Bat 1 could go for 50K each…what do you think?

My man, I try not to speculate on future values anymore. When it comes to desirable books. I'd just value on the lower end of a given range and be excited if I exceed it.

:applause:

Great advice.

By the way the two AF 15's in the heritage auction both performed remarkably well, either equaling or exceeding GPA by a lot.

I would say that bodes well for your 7.0. (thumbs u

-J.

What grades were they?

5.5, 4.5, and 4.0ss

What did they sell for?

5.5 $23900.00 - previous high $20455.00

4.5 $16730.00 - previous high $14655.00

4.0 SS $13145.00 - previous high $8070.00 but that was in 2012 - last high for a 4.0 was $13501.00

Interesting data points

thanks for sharing

My 7.0

image_zpsznjlzlkd.jpg

Cl 7.5

image_zpshpbzdtkd.jpg

The comiclink af15cgc 7.5 ended at $68,500 which makes me very excited. They should have had a better scan of that 7.5 since the gray background is yellowish. Dont know if thats the lighting of the scanner or the actual book. My 7.0 has clean grays, no yellowing

Edited by SpiderTurtle

My 7.0

image_zpsznjlzlkd.jpg

Cl 7.5

image_zpshpbzdtkd.jpg

The comiclink af15cgc 7.5 ended at $68,500 which makes me very excited. They should have had a better scan of that 7.5 since the gray background is yellowish. Dont know if thats the lighting of tge scanner or the actual book. My 7.0 has clean geays, no yellowing

That is stunning! (worship)

My 7.0

image_zpsznjlzlkd.jpg

Cl 7.5

image_zpshpbzdtkd.jpg

The comiclink af15cgc 7.5 ended at $68,500 which makes me very excited. They should have had a better scan of that 7.5 since the gray background is yellowish. Dont know if thats the lighting of tge scanner or the actual book. My 7.0 has clean geays, no yellowing

That's my former 7.5 copy. I bought it for $5k back in 1990-1991. Is $68.5k a record for a 7.5?

My 7.0

image_zpsznjlzlkd.jpg

Cl 7.5

image_zpshpbzdtkd.jpg

That's my former 7.5 copy. I bought it for $5k back in 1990-1991. Is $68.5k a record for a 7.5?

As far as I know, I think it is. :applause: to all who has a copy :banana:

My 7.0

image_zpsznjlzlkd.jpg

Cl 7.5

image_zpshpbzdtkd.jpg

That figure does beat the prior GPA high by about $2500.

-J.

Spiderturtle your 7.0 is insane and looks like a crease on the bottom is keeping it out of 8's way.

The 7.5 is sweet as well, I was after this exact book awhile back from Bob storms, would of cost me 17k than. Good thing i said no. NOT!

7.5's are now almost 70k books, this is really awesome and great for the AF#15 collectors. Love this book. Freaking don't have one right now but going to try soon for one : )

Spiderturtle your 7.0 is insane and looks like a crease on the bottom is keeping it out of 8's way.

The 7.5 is sweet as well, I was after this exact book awhile back from Bob storms, would of cost me 17k than. Good thing i said no. NOT!

7.5's are now almost 70k books, this is really awesome and great for the AF#15 collectors. Love this book. Freaking don't have one right now but going to try soon for one : )

Go for my sweet 7.0 Uni in the August CC auction!

AF15CGC70_1.jpg

Edited by Racer-X

Go for my sweet 7.0 Uni in the August CC auction!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5836550#Post5836550

That's a stunner..... I could only dream :cloud9:

I know it's been said, but that 7.0 looks sharp. I'm currently looking to join the AF15 club but I'm looking in the CGC 4.0-5.0 range. It's hard to believe the prices these could have been had for just a few years ago compared to today. Simply amazing.

I would consider having that 7 regraded considering I've seen FF1s go from a 7 to an 8 and then to an 8.5 while being the same book. That 7 looks under graded to me.

FYI there was a 70k sale of a 7.5 AF15 not too long ago. It just didn't make it on GPA.

Edited by passion4comics

I know it's been said, but that 7.0 looks sharp. I'm currently looking to join the AF15 club but I'm looking in the CGC 4.0-5.0 range. It's hard to believe the prices these could have been had for just a few years ago compared to today. Simply amazing.

I bought in 2009, and I'd never be able to get into a similar copy at today's prices. I feel very fortunate to have taken the plunge when I did.