• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2023 at 9:13 AM, NoMan said:

Batman's#1 is only going thru once and he's going thru in style!

All his posts are gone. Like he was never here. Maybe he wasn't....

Come back, Batman's#1! Ride the Glassman's school bus to AF15 heaven!

Batmanis#1  was never here,  never existed.  Similar to Sinbad never being in, or making SHAZAAM hm

• Administrator
On 5/28/2023 at 6:40 PM, peewee22 said:
On 5/28/2023 at 6:24 PM, DC# said:

Had no idea you could completely remove your history like that…..crazy 

The Moderator probably did it. He posted his sale and it was deleted by the Mod (I assume). I'm sure he had some "comments" for them upon leaving.

He started a thread in comics general titled "How do you delete your account?  (now removed from public view, due to all of his posts being hid from "deleting" his account)  He also sent me a PM asking me to close/delete his account, as he had no more use for it.  Also, he changed his id to RetiredOldMan a few hours prior to me closing his account.  He stated why 1 page back.  A post from his old and new id were quoted by someone.  Those don't get deleted (hidden)

On 5/28/2023 at 5:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

He started a thread in comics general titled "How do you delete your account?  (now removed from public view, due to all of his posts being hid from "deleting" his account)  He also sent me a PM asking me to close/delete his account, as he had no more use for it.  Also, he changed his id to RetiredOldMan a few hours prior to me closing his account.  He stated why 1 page back.  A post from his old and new id were quoted by someone.  Those don't get deleted (hidden)

So basically you can provide the board equivalent of a witness protection program.....hm

Thank you for the info.   

• Administrator
On 5/28/2023 at 8:28 PM, DC# said:

So basically you can provide the board equivalent of a witness protection program.....hm

Thank you for the info.   

There's 3 ways.   I used the flag as a spammer which removes all of his posts from public view.  (That seems to be what he wanted in the thread he started).  I could have banned him through the point system, which would have left all of his posts visible.  (I got the impression delete, so I didn't use the point system)   I only just discovered a delete button in the AdminCP.  I don't think I need to do that, as all of his posts are hidden, with the exception of the quoted ones.  The delete button would not remove them either.

On 3/14/2023 at 8:46 PM, Dark Knight said:
On 3/14/2023 at 8:06 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

I paid 35k for mine but now way would I sell at these prices it is not worth it.

Oh so you paid $35k for your copy and upset that current values for 6.5's right now is around $90k. That's a good profit if you were to sell now.

hm

That dude had a real love of comics clearly  (:    sell, and then "Why would I come on here anymore".........  so he had like 2 SA comics only - nothing else ?, sold them, and since he has no books left, he's out? And he will stay "private" with regards to his GA books ?

Weird 

Bye Bye

On 5/29/2023 at 9:43 AM, fishbone said:

That dude had a real love of comics clearly  (:    sell, and then "Why would I come on here anymore".........  so he had like 2 SA comics only - nothing else ?, sold them, and since he has no books left, he's out? And he will stay "private" with regards to his GA books ?

Weird 

Bye Bye

Could be the ghost of Steve Ditko. 

On 5/29/2023 at 11:43 AM, fishbone said:

Weird 

Bye Bye

And several called out this over and over  and he was defended over and over.

He had other books, nearly all had the same MO, jumped in the thread and boosted up recent auction results then listed. Cerebus 1 comes to mind. 

Ok - I know I'm the outlier, but I enjoyed the constant thread bumps. The play by play pricing didn't really bother me because I love discussing this book. 

Not to mention the theater of his one random political rant... Those post are forever obliterated, but he certainly livened up the SA section. 

On 5/31/2023 at 7:45 PM, KCOComics said:

Ok - I know I'm the outlier, but I enjoyed the constant thread bumps. The play by play pricing didn't really bother me because I love discussing this book. 

Not to mention the theater of his one random political rant... Those post are forever obliterated, but he certainly livened up the SA section. 

Outlier👍

On 6/1/2023 at 11:03 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Hey, let's set the record straight -- "play by play" on AF15 sales is not a problem at all!

What many people found so brutally exhausting about that guy was his broken-record repetition of the same tired speeches promoting AF15 (and X-Men 1).  At first, it seemed like harmless cheerleading for his favorite book(s), but the more he talked about his own personal copies of the books, the more obvious it became that he was just the latest (not the first, probably not the last) attempting to use this community to pump and dump his books.  When he suddenly disappeared from the forum altogether, he left us with a bunch of fatalistic observations about aging and mortality, but mostly he left us with irrefutable proof that his entire existence on the boards was purely transactional.

Sorry, I was really trying not to say anything -- I feel bad for the guy, he seems pretty depressed and I hope he can find a way to enjoy his retirement -- but it needs to be said.

I don't disagree with any of this. His motives were clear. 

His mistake was not recognizing the pandemic fueled bubble. He thought his books would continue to rise and rise despite a lot of people warning him. 

My comment was simply that, I enjoyed seeing the thread bumped and allot of chatter over here.  With the current price point this book is inaccessible to many.  We won't see the organic thread bumps of new purchases that frequently. Auction and pricing updates keep the thread alive and discussion flowing. 

On 6/1/2023 at 10:26 PM, DC# said:

For those that don't mind the play by play - this 4.0 went for a respectable $40,250 on Clink tonight.     

ScreenShot2023-06-01at7_23_56PM.png.24322c55e0f6202dfa0d56982a77eab4.png

Pretty copy, not surprised it did well. :x

On 6/2/2023 at 5:48 AM, KCOComics said:

I don't disagree with any of this. His motives were clear. 

His mistake was not recognizing the pandemic fueled bubble. He thought his books would continue to rise and rise despite a lot of people warning him. 

My comment was simply that, I enjoyed seeing the thread bumped and allot of chatter over here.  With the current price point this book is inaccessible to many.  We won't see the organic thread bumps of new purchases that frequently. Auction and pricing updates keep the thread alive and discussion flowing. 

I hear you, but let's see how it goes ... this thread was one of the most active before he showed up, and I expect it will continue to be.  There are likely other posters who were less active on this thread while he was sucking all the oxygen out of the room who will feel more comfortable speaking up more often.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:03 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

When he suddenly disappeared from the forum altogether, he left us with a bunch of fatalistic observations about aging and mortality,

I’m still having a hard time processing that he, or any boardie for that matter, can so casually turn away. Apparently for some, it’s like flipping a light switch. I once asked Vincent at CC how Jon Berk was dealing with his own divorce from the hobby, and to my surprise was told he doesn’t miss it. I don’t think I’ll be so lucky.

they say amputees still feel tingling in a missing appendage years later, and that’s how I think it will be for me